Perfect Dark Game Talk

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-05, 07:59 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks C-Man.
Old 12-06-05, 02:09 PM

Well, I finished the game last night. I was kinda disappointed when I finished it. It wasn't for the game play(single player mode), but how short this game was. Anyone could rent this on a Saturday afternoon and return it Sunday morning. I was playing in regular agent mode, I guess that would be medium difficultly.
Spoiler:
I killed the old man in about 2 minutes and the game was over.
I couldn't believe it was that easy. I'm going to keep for a while, I'm enjoying the online gaming and I want to boost my achievements.

I have Condemned and Kameo on my plate. I heard they were short games, also...
Old 12-06-05, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah i'll be playing on live as soon as i get a 360, i just need the store to have one so i can go buy it.
Old 12-07-05, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I finally got into the single player, I'm enjoying it. I started out doing Secret Agent Difficulty, but I bumped it to Agent on Chapter 4 I think. How many chapters/levels are there in the game?

I think it's good and the multiplayer is great.
Old 12-07-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I beat the game last night and it only took me thins long because I kept playing all my other games more and neglecting this game.

I can't get over the fact that this is an average game with some cool weapons, a few cool levels here and there, horrible character models and some multiplayer thrown in to keep people from feeling so empty once they beat the game. It took me a long time to really get into the game. I think I was at level 9 before I really felt like playing more than 1 level in one sitting. The weapons are pretty cool and certainly the high point of the game. The people in the game all look like shit and almost as if they are dipped in wax. They are all glossy and shiny. Online co-op is so far the only mode I enjoy online.

I'm probably going to try it online a bit more and I want to see the levels get any better on a harder setting but I don't think these 2 things are going to change my opinion of the game that much.
Old 12-20-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I just tried this out, and I don't really like it. I loved Goldeneye, but never played the first Perfect Dark, so I am not sure of the story or characters.

I haven't tried Condemned yet but Perfect Dark Zero is probably out of here unless it gets better. I quit during the training mission. That stupid datathief thing confused me. I matched the first couple of blue bars and then was stumped. I just started button mashing, and the door opened so who knows.

Plus the fact that the wife isn't happy at all I bought the 360. A great day turned into a crappy one. I might have to get rid of it
Old 01-23-06, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With all the fun people seem to be having organizing the DOA4 Live matches, I was wondering if anybody was interested in playing some Perfect Dark Co-op. I'd love to take care of that achievement. I haven't beaten the game yet in solo mission (currently on level 9 on secret agent), but wouldn't mind starting up a new co-op mission. As far as time availability, I'm on Pacific Time, and can't play until the evenings when I get home from school. Message me online if you see me (gamertag = eatntae) or reply here.
Old 01-23-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by eatntae
With all the fun people seem to be having organizing the DOA4 Live matches, I was wondering if anybody was interested in playing some Perfect Dark Co-op. I'd love to take care of that achievement. I haven't beaten the game yet in solo mission (currently on level 9 on secret agent), but wouldn't mind starting up a new co-op mission. As far as time availability, I'm on Pacific Time, and can't play until the evenings when I get home from school. Message me online if you see me (gamertag = eatntae) or reply here.

add me to your friends list, I'd be up for trying that out.

gt = LiverAndOnions
Old 07-27-06, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've just started playing this, and I am now on Mission 10. This is my first non-sports game that I have tried, and I suck at it. I get closer and closer to finishing the mission, only to die and have to start again. I know that a lot of you guys say it is easy, but for a newcomer like me, it is giving me more than enough problems.

A bit off topic, but I remember seeing one site that typically had in their reviews approximately how many hours a game should take. Can someone remind me of which site (or sites)? I know Kong is supposed to be really short, but I was curious about some of the other games.
Old 07-27-06, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
I've just started playing this, and I am now on Mission 10. This is my first non-sports game that I have tried, and I suck at it. I get closer and closer to finishing the mission, only to die and have to start again. I know that a lot of you guys say it is easy, but for a newcomer like me, it is giving me more than enough problems.

A bit off topic, but I remember seeing one site that typically had in their reviews approximately how many hours a game should take. Can someone remind me of which site (or sites)? I know Kong is supposed to be really short, but I was curious about some of the other games.
I can't think of a site off hand but part of your problem is the game itself, PDZ isn't exactly a great one. Maybe try your luck at COD2, that game is fantastic and far more enjoyable.
Old 07-28-06, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kakihara1
I can't think of a site off hand but part of your problem is the game itself, PDZ isn't exactly a great one. Maybe try your luck at COD2, that game is fantastic and far more enjoyable.
I would think that COD2, while fun as hell, would be far too chaotic a game to start off with.

movieking, there are plenty of other shooters out there to practice with. PDZ is an odd game to start with due to the variety of weapons, numerous firing methods for each weapons and that weak ass roll maneuver. If you do get another shooter to hone your skills......get something with a jump button in it.
Old 07-29-06, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not a big fan of FPS games, but I liked GR:AW that had a better accuracy and better shooting. I sold Perfect dark to get Oblivion.
Old 07-30-06, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I finally finished PDZ on Agent mode and traded it in. A couple of the later missions caused me trouble, especially the last one. I read somewhere that the best way to kill the old man was the Viblade, so I kept trying to steal his, with no luck. I ended up just dodging and weaving, and blasting him until I killed him. It felt good to complete my first game
Old 03-10-12, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: Perfect Dark Game Talk

[game #9]

pretty average game...

fuck!, getting the multiplayer achievements take a long f'n time.

[#10 Ridge Racer 6= not interested]
Old 03-12-12, 08:22 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Perfect Dark Game Talk

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
[game #9]

pretty average game...

fuck!, getting the multiplayer achievements take a long f'n time.

[#10 Ridge Racer 6= not interested]

i am one of the few that really loved this game. unfortunately by the time I got Xbox Live the multiplayer community had died off. The game is very corny and goofy at times, but I had a blast with it. The game has an awesome soundtrack.