Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One and Only NCAA Football 2006 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-05, 04:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My order at DVD Planet is listed as "available to ship," even though they still haven't sent it out.
Old 07-15-05, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hippochris
New button layout is definitely taking some time to get used to. Only advantage i see is the in-play celebrations and "cover up" or "truck" move using up on the right joystick. Any other advantages to the new layout?
I love having the "A" button (XBOX) as sprint for both offense and defense. It makes scrambling with the QB a LOT easier.
Old 07-16-05, 08:53 AM

Does anyone know where I can find a Excel or Word file with the 2006 rosters? I don't have an action replay or a memory card so I am SOL.
Old 07-18-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I finished my first season already
10-1 with Michigan....Mike Hart won the Heisman while breaking college records for rushing yards and TD's.
Won the National Championship too.

The funny thing is....I lost one game to NORTHWESTERN...and they smoked me. I coudl not stop them for anything.
Old 07-19-05, 08:44 AM

Location: Home of the 2006 Rose Bowl Winners and Future National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes!
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
10-1 with Michigan....Mike Hart won the Heisman while breaking college records for rushing yards and TD's.
Sorry to hear that... Thank God it was only in the Video Game world...

Go Bucks!!

I played on the Heisman level last night, race for the Heisman, as a scrambling QB... went to USC... My QB + Reggie Bush = TOO MUCH OFFENSE... They made Reggie Bush Phenomenal ... I had 200 + yards rushing and 2 TD's, 100 yards receiving + 3 TD's, a Punt return for a TD, and 100 Kick return yards... My QB ran for 150 yards and 5 TD's, and threw for 300+ yards and 6 TD's...

I wish they let you change the schedule on "Race for the Heisman" but since you're not the "Coach" like in Dyanasty mode, you have no control over that...

Last edited by BuckeyeDawg; 07-19-05 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-19-05, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 833 Likes on 614 Posts
My copy from dvd planet finally came! I am going to go start my dynasty right now.
Old 07-19-05, 02:10 PM

For those of you that do not like the new button format on PS2, I went to settings and switched the button format to a 2005 setting they have set up, because I could not stand the new button layout.
Old 07-19-05, 09:37 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The funny thing is....I lost one game to NORTHWESTERN...and they smoked me. I coudl not stop them for anything.

i know what you mean....I am almost finished with my first season with Florida State. I have only lost one game.......to Wake Forest. I couldn't stop them for nothing -- no clue why.

wlj
Old 07-20-05, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone win a heisman yet? anything cool happen?
Old 07-20-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
anyone win a heisman yet? anything cool happen?
I won it in Dynasty mode. They basically take you to a half-assed presentation. Text pops on the screen of each candidate....then the announcement is made. They show your guy holding the trophy for about 3 seconds. All in all...it was about a 15 second clip...maybe less. Pretty lackluster.
Old 07-20-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by acidburnlk
For those of you that do not like the new button format on PS2, I went to settings and switched the button format to a 2005 setting they have set up, because I could not stand the new button layout.
I hate the new button format and I switched it to the 2005 settings also. You can't press the sprint button and juke at the same time with the new settings.
Old 07-20-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I won it in Dynasty mode. They basically take you to a half-assed presentation. Text pops on the screen of each candidate....then the announcement is made. They show your guy holding the trophy for about 3 seconds. All in all...it was about a 15 second clip...maybe less. Pretty lackluster.

curious what happens in RFTH mode.. also after 4 years, is your player just "retired"?
Old 07-20-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
curious what happens in RFTH mode.. also after 4 years, is your player just "retired"?
NO....if you've read:
- can be imported to Madden 2006
- Can coach a Div-1A team in Dynasty mode

I believe those are the options
Old 07-20-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

NO....if you've read:
- can be imported to Madden 2006
- Can coach a Div-1A team in Dynasty mode

I believe those are the options

I know, I was just curious if anything cool happened.. # retired or something like that
Old 07-20-05, 02:21 PM

Location: Home of the 2006 Rose Bowl Winners and Future National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes!
Originally Posted by wlj
i know what you mean....I am almost finished with my first season with Florida State. I have only lost one game.......to Wake Forest. I couldn't stop them for nothing -- no clue why.

wlj
Using Ohio State, I couldn't stop Kentucky... I didn't even know they had a football program still ....
Old 07-22-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So on the RFTH mode, do you pick the plays? Do you play the game as normal? Or do you just control the one player you picked and the computer coach picks the plays and does everything else?
Old 07-22-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
So on the RFTH mode, do you pick the plays? Do you play the game as normal? Or do you just control the one player you picked and the computer coach picks the plays and does everything else?
You pretty much play the game as normal, but you can't recruit or change schedules or things like that.

I have a question, though. Does the computer automatically sub players in and out as they get tired? In a related question, does it automatically sub your Heisman player in? I walked on as a QB to USC, and I could have sworn I started the game with Leinart, but next thing I know, my Heisman guy is lying on the field, injured, after a sack.

In Heisman mode, do you get increased stats for doing well on the first set of drills? Or does it just determine how heavily recruited you are (since you can walk on anywhere, that hardly seems to matter). When you actually start the season, do you increase stats by doing the drills over and over?

Anyone have any recomendations for good default settings? I think I have to raise the setting for receivers, as they seem to drop a ton of passes, even if they're wide open.
Old 08-03-05, 10:06 AM
RVP

Can someone tell me how to call for a fair catch? I rented this game and it doesn't have instructions. I think my punt returner is going to get himself killed if I don't figure out how to call fair catch.
Old 08-03-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RVP
Can someone tell me how to call for a fair catch? I rented this game and it doesn't have instructions. I think my punt returner is going to get himself killed if I don't figure out how to call fair catch.
Pressing triangle should allow you to call for a fair catch.
Old 08-03-05, 10:19 AM
RVP

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Pressing triangle should allow you to call for a fair catch.
Sorry I have an Xbox, so triangle is?
Old 08-03-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe it's the "Y" button. This game is great....finished my second season now. It may be put on hold though with Madden a week away. Didn't do as well in my 2nd season...I tried to be a more passing offense, even though Mike Hart had another monster year. Lost the Heisman though and the national title to Florida....close game, but I choked.
Old 08-03-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RVP
Sorry I have an Xbox, so triangle is?
Should be the Y button on Xbox.
Old 08-03-05, 10:55 AM
RVP

I walked on at Michigan as a scrambling Qb. I know that is not Michigan style football, but the option and Hart I scored 47 on Notre Dame.

I could swear I tried Y though, I will have to try again.
Old 08-03-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by RVP
I walked on at Michigan as a scrambling Qb. I know that is not Michigan style football, but the option and Hart I scored 47 on Notre Dame.

I could swear I tried Y though, I will have to try again.
You have to have control of the guy receiving the punt before you can call for a fair catch; I usually end up controlling one of the guys rushing the punt and end up getting my return man killed when I forget about that.
Old 08-03-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Northwestern is unreal - no joke. You stop them first 2 downs, then they just go deep. Or you play prevent D on 3rd down, and just as a coincidence, they call a QB draw or RB direct snap and run 20 yards before your DB's come back to get them. I barely escaped alive in OT like 55-49 - their QB had over 650 yards passing, most of them on TD passes of 60 yards or more with me double and triple-teaming the WR.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.