Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One and Only NCAA Football 2006 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 11:42 AM
RVP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDude
You have to have control of the guy receiving the punt before you can call for a fair catch; I usually end up controlling one of the guys rushing the punt and end up getting my return man killed when I forget about that.
Thats it, I was forgetting to switch my player to the Punt returner.

I broke my ribs and had to sit out for 2 weeks, right before I was to play Michigan State. So State starts with the ball and scores 21 points in the first minute! I was able to comeback to win 46 to 44 but it seemed like with them having homefield advantage they were picking me off and bringing it in for a score no problem.

Getting injured also lowered me in the hiesman poll.
Old 08-08-05, 02:47 PM

Location: Home of the 2006 Rose Bowl Winners and Future National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes!
Man, off-season recruiting in the new game is freakin' impossible. I'll have 12 needs, and get like 3 recruits... Nobody has interest for the life of me, except for the 1-stars... Ok, yeah, I'm at Memphis, but I finished the season ranked 2nd, after losing the NC to USC 17-7.

DeAngelo Williams, finished the season with 5300+ total yards and 44 TD's... not a bad year.
Old 08-08-05, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDawg
Man, off-season recruiting in the new game is freakin' impossible. I'll have 12 needs, and get like 3 recruits... Nobody has interest for the life of me, except for the 1-stars... Ok, yeah, I'm at Memphis, but I finished the season ranked 2nd, after losing the NC to USC 17-7.
That is probably due to your team's prestige. If it is anything like the old games, you could go 13-0 and win the national championship with a one-star team, and you'll still only move up to a two-star team, so you still can't recruit any good recruits.
Old 08-08-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Daryl
Northwestern is unreal - no joke. You stop them first 2 downs, then they just go deep. Or you play prevent D on 3rd down, and just as a coincidence, they call a QB draw or RB direct snap and run 20 yards before your DB's come back to get them. I barely escaped alive in OT like 55-49 - their QB had over 650 yards passing, most of them on TD passes of 60 yards or more with me double and triple-teaming the WR.
Long passes and HB direct plays have become so-called "cheese" plays online, due to being unable to stop them. They're practically unstoppable. I don't know how their play testers didn't report this and/or how they could let this go unfixed.
Old 08-08-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I played a bit at the inlaws on XBOX. It bothers me when a key player is the RB, he just keeps bouncing around through my entire defense then running 60 yards for a TD.

The game is weird, sometimes I beat really good teams, and others my recievers can't catch a thing and I lose to poor teams.
Old 08-15-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone still playing this? I picked this up this weekend and love the Race for the Heisman. I think it's funny that you get a picture of a prettier girlfriend the better you play.
Old 08-30-05, 07:52 PM

Cool game. Anyone have any tips on beating USC in the National Championship game. I played in the ACC and whipped every top team including VT, FL State, Miami. But USC is just unstoppable.
Old 08-31-05, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't touched this since Madden. I may pick it up again to get another draft class exported though
Old 08-31-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I haven't touched this since Madden. I may pick it up again to get another draft class exported though
heh, I'm the opposite. I bought Madden, played it a couple of times, and went back to NCAA.