Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-05, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, I take it if you're dark, you can't get Hardurr the wookie AND Mira?

If not, what the hell are the tranquilizers for? I was hoping to use them on the chick...if you can, let me know.
Old 01-03-05, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by SuprVgeta
When I tried to make Handmaiden a Jedi she accepted the training, and then Kreia says "so it begins..... betrayal," then I'm transported to the Telos Secret Academy and can do absolutely nothing at the place, no cutscenes and can't even board the Ebon Hawk, so I take it that is some kind of glitch, which pisses me off. I'm about 38 hours into the game so i just said to hell with it and I'm about to finish as a lightside jedi master, level 26-ish, then I'm gonna go through again as a Dark Jedi.
I had the same glitch, almost makes me want to give up on the game completely.
Old 01-03-05, 09:14 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sq240
I am stuck on Onderon. Help appreciated.

Spoiler:

I am trying to free Dhagon (I think that is his name). I have talked to everyone in the cantina and found the droid at the crimescene with the missing head. I reprogrammed the droid selling parts outside the doctor's office, and he told me Tolas was his creator. Everyone in the cantina is telling me the same thing that I need to find the head and take it to the slicer, yet I have no idea where the head is. I went back and talked to Riken again and he is not saying anything new. I suspect Tolas, but I can't prove it. Where is the freakin droid head?

Thanks.
Spoiler:
The Droid has the head. You have to talk to the Thug in the cantina in the room with the dancing holograms. He will tip you off to the droid. After that, just ask the droid and he will sell it to you for 25 creds.
Old 05-22-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts
I just rented this and just started playing last night. I was just curious what kind of time you guys put into it? Was it a 10 hour game or a 25 hour game? I spent around 3 hours on it last night but I tend to be slow at these kind of games. How many planets/main quests are there?

So far I like it but the gameplay is exactly like the first one (I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it). My only question is...how long do I have to wait on getting a lightsaber again (which to me is the best part of the first one)? Why can't they start you with a damn lightsaber?
Old 05-22-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Hah! I haven't played KOTOR II for several weeks now. When I got bored with it I was at something like 25 + hours and I hadn't even built my lightsaber yet.

I'm slow at these too.
Old 05-22-05, 09:50 AM

I finished up the first one at 35 hours, and finished up the second one at 36 hours. I had a couple of quests for each that I didn't finish up.
Old 05-22-05, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Hah! I haven't played KOTOR II for several weeks now. When I got bored with it I was at something like 25 + hours and I hadn't even built my lightsaber yet.

I'm slow at these too.
Jeez...I hope it is just b/c you are slow and not b/c it takes that long to get one. What made you get bored with it?

Luckily I have this from Gamefly so there is no rush to get it back.
Old 05-22-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most people will build a lightsaber within 10 hours. Its about a 30 hour game, from what I can recall. I played through twice, as light and dark jedi. If you're only going to play through once, I'd recommend dark side.
Old 05-22-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Jeez...I hope it is just b/c you are slow and not b/c it takes that long to get one. What made you get bored with it?

Luckily I have this from Gamefly so there is no rush to get it back.

Well, KOTOR I didn't thrill me at first either. But then I went back to it months later it became one of my favorite games. So far KOTOR II hasn't thrilled me the way KOTOR I eventually did and I'm having some annoying as hell "lock up" issues with K II that may be because my XBOX is old. I'm also the kind of n00b RPG player that gets involved in -every- side quest. I'm afriad if I don't I'll miss something.

Perhaps I'll go back to it later down the line.

As fas as building the lightsaber, I think I had most if not all the parts but my character was still kicking ass with his vibroblade and force powers so it didn't seem to be an urgent thing.
Old 05-22-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, KOTOR I didn't thrill me at first either. But then I went back to it months later it became one of my favorite games. So far KOTOR II hasn't thrilled me the way KOTOR I eventually did and I'm having some annoying as hell "lock up" issues with K II that may be because my XBOX is old. I'm also the kind of n00b RPG player that gets involved in -every- side quest. I'm afriad if I don't I'll miss something.
In most RPGs I do every sidequest and talk to everyone, and I've played a lot of these things. Although I got my first lightsaber maybe 7 hours in and not 25...
Old 05-23-05, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
In most RPGs I do every sidequest and talk to everyone, and I've played a lot of these things. Although I got my first lightsaber maybe 7 hours in and not 25...

show off...
Old 05-24-05, 04:19 AM

I like this one more than the first.
Old 05-24-05, 06:56 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah i prolly liked this one a little more than the first. I liked being able to use the force from the get go.

wlj
Old 05-24-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

show off...

Old 07-07-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got this game a few weeks ago during Blockbuster's "Trade in 3 Games, Get 1 Game for $5" (although a cashier error cause me to get the game AND $5 ). I beat it today with a final time of about 35 hours. Overall, I really liked it. I wished the battle system and graphics had been upgraded a little more from KOTOR and there were quite a few little annoying quirks and glitches, but the story I thought was better than the first and it was really an enjoyable game in all.

I also thought it brought a good closure to the KOTOR series, while still leaving it open for another possible sequel...
Spoiler:
The Jedi order had become distant from the people they were supposed to be helping, and complacent against the growing threat of the Sith, little aware that their own teachings were driving Jedi to the Sith order. Instead of trying to figure out what had gone wrong, they blamed the fallen Jedi and stuck their heads in the sand. At the end when the last of the Jedi masters tried to strip the force from you even after everything you did to try to save the Jedi order and the Republic (which was a pretty unexpected twist, btw) and Kreia kills them, that kind of signals the end of the old Jedi order and the begining of a new order. I think Kreia mentions something at the end about Disciple being on the new Jedi council, and although Exile and Revan both left for the Outer Rim, you get the feeling that may come back some day and rally new force wielders to the order. Provided you played the Light Side path, that is.
Old 07-27-05, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally finished this game last night!

Jeez it is a long game. It took me about 40 game hours (plus 5 more hours or so of messing up, getting killed or backtracking). That was me playing it fast, not listening to everything said & skipping minor missions.

I know everyone complains of games being too short but with my schedule I definitely prefer games no more than 20 to 25 hours. It took me 3 months of playing this game off & on to finally finish it. But I do feel like I accomplished something...that I am a bad-ass dark jedi!

Good story, great gameplay & awesome music. The music is so good and has such a Star Wars feel that I would probably buy a soundtrack if they had one (for both I & II).

Now I am tired but look forward to finally playing some other games. Splinter Cell suffered and Halo2 was left behind.

So how did you guys like the story? I felt a little confused in many parts but think that was mainly due to my rushing through it.
Old 07-27-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I enjoyed both these games, although I preferred the original. Any word on a KOTOR III?
Old 07-27-05, 09:44 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

The first still is the best for me. Maybe because I wasnt expecting it to be as good as it was. The storyline is still one of the best star wars plots Ive ever encountered. Hear that Lucas?
Old 07-27-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
I enjoyed both these games, although I preferred the original. Any word on a KOTOR III?
I also prefer I over II. Can't wait for III. I am sure it would make a great xbox 360 game Any news or rumors on this?
Old 07-31-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think I'm going to start the game all over.....
Old 07-31-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's my idea of what the 3rd game should be about. First off, you should get to play as a Mandalorian because they're cool. You start out training at the Mandalorian base on Duxn, but then it's discovered that you have force abilities and you're unable to control them. They can't train you there and the Jedi council hasn't been reformed yet, but Mandalore remembers The Exile and Revan and so they send you off to the Outer Rim in search of them. Out there, you travel from planet to planet searching for clues to their whereabouts, as you travel farther and farther away from civilization and known space. Kinda of an Apocalypse Now sort of story.

Anyway, one thing's for sure, and that is that they need to do something other than the "loner with a mysterious past" thing, because I don't think they could get away with that again.
Old 02-04-18, 02:18 PM

Re: The Official Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Thread

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I had the same glitch, almost makes me want to give up on the game completely.
I am also stuck how do i Stop this Glitch
Old 02-04-18, 07:40 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

A,B,A,B, left, right, left, right, power button.
Old 02-05-18, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I should have known a "Cool New Member" would have bumped this thread. Dammit!
Old 02-05-18, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

lol. Was thinking maybe a sequel announcement, but of course not. The first two games in this franchise are among my favorite games ever. Think I played through each 5 or 6 times.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.