DarkestPhoenix
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So...am I screwed, or what?
Old 12-22-04, 02:34 PM   #52
nodeerforamonth
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Try going back to your ship, and possibly even leaving and returning. I had difficulty triggering that sequence as well.
Nope. I spent hours last night running around trying to find it. It's not marked on the map, but once you get past it, you can easily find it.

You have to go to where that Hutt is (Voorga? sp?). It's in between the dock and his place. You'll see the entrance.
Old 12-22-04, 02:55 PM   #53
DarkestPhoenix

Sonofabitch!!!

I Cannot Get Past These Fucking Bitches!!! Wtf???
Old 12-22-04, 03:17 PM   #54
DarkestPhoenix

Finally. Beat two of them, had a third one about to fall. Best I've done so far. If I wouldn't have fucked up, I'd have beaten it.
Old 12-22-04, 03:23 PM   #55
DarkestPhoenix

Holy Shit!

I'm even more pissed off now. I ran by them, and two of them stepped off the mat, disqualifying them. So, only having to beat three, I succeeded, after about five grendades and ten advanced medpacks.

They stormed off and said, "There will be no more matches. There is much we have learned from you. Next time we meet, we will be prepared."

Then, I got 750 EXP. Big Fucking Whoop.
Old 12-22-04, 03:40 PM   #56
SuprVgeta
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm stuck on Nar Shadaa, would appreciate any help:
Spoiler:
I just beat the whole "Visquis" part where you go to the trap, play as Mira, breakout, let yourself in through the vent and then Visquis is killed by the guards, you're then attacked by lightning and you play as T3-M4 to gain some transponder codes and an ID Signature. Well, now I beat the part with T3-M4 and am now Atton, I'm talking to the blind mechanic guy and he says I need a blank transponder card for him to change the ID signatures, where the heck do I find this? I'm running all over the place and haven't found it. I can't go into the refugee or entertainment sector (a cut scene with Atton saying "i have to get back to the ship, it's my only way off this rock" - yet when I go back to the ebon hawk it tells me you may not board the ebon hawk at this time. The funny thing is, I can only go to Nar Shadaa docks, and I can enter the Jek Jek Thaar bar (poison bar i've already completed) and the whole storyline with Visquis and the Wookie starts playing over again like I've never beaten it. Whew, i'm just about out of breath, basically I just need to know where this damn blank transponder card is.

Update: Solved
Spoiler:
I thought that a glitch was causing this, as I swore i heard the droid tell me he gave me the blank transponder card when I was T3-M4. For some reason once I left the vogga warehouse as T3-M4, the dialogue between Mira/Atton/T3 automatically skipped through at a mile a second (without me touching "A"). So I reloaded as T3 and beat the warehouse again and alas, the dialogue did not auto skip, and everything was working. What an annoying glitch that was.

DVD Collection

Last edited by SuprVgeta; 12-22-04 at 04:45 PM..
Old 12-23-04, 04:14 AM   #57
SuprVgeta
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anybody beaten the sidequest "Refugee Woes" on Nar Shadaa?

Spoiler:
I stumbled upon the Serocco thugs before even talking to the refugees, and needless to say I wiped them out. A completed quest about the serroco thugs says that I have infiltrated their base and killed their leader, and the refugees will even say "life sure has been easier since somebody wiped out the serroco. I have since talked to Husseff (refugee "leader") and he thanks me for taking care of the serroco thugs, yet the mission of refugee woes still says that I have convinced saquesh to ease off the refugees, but the Serocco still remain a nuisance, is this a glitch or am I missing something?

DVD Collection
Old 12-23-04, 11:49 AM   #58
nodeerforamonth
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have the same problem, SuprVgeta. Got tired last night and turned it off. Going to try and talk to everyone again in the area tonight to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then it's on to the next planet...

Here's a question that someone may be able to answer: I know you can do the planets in any order. Do they increase in difficulty based on experience? I ripped through the opponents on Dantooine pretty quickly. Nar Shadaa was next. It was a little more challenging. If I started on Nar Shadaa first and then went to Dantooine, would Nar Shadaa be easier and Dantooine harder? (hope this makes sense)
Old 12-23-04, 05:18 PM   #59
SuprVgeta
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Have the same problem, SuprVgeta. Got tired last night and turned it off. Going to try and talk to everyone again in the area tonight to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then it's on to the next planet...

Here's a question that someone may be able to answer: I know you can do the planets in any order. Do they increase in difficulty based on experience? I ripped through the opponents on Dantooine pretty quickly. Nar Shadaa was next. It was a little more challenging. If I started on Nar Shadaa first and then went to Dantooine, would Nar Shadaa be easier and Dantooine harder? (hope this makes sense)
I am in the exact same position, I don't remember how many times I went over the refugee sector looking for the solution to this problem. I thought perhaps I had missed one of the Serocco thugs, but I went over every nook and cranny of that area numerous times and couldn't find one. I eventually said to hell with it for the time being and went and did the two quests involving vogga the hutt and went back to Telos to find the last bounty (the two escaped criminals - which I can't find).

I'm not sure about the difficulty of the planets, but I would expect that the game would do that. I have done 3 planets so far in the order of Dantooine - Korriban - Nar Shadaa. IMO, Nar Shadaa was easier than Dantooine.

DVD Collection
Old 12-23-04, 05:22 PM   #60
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth

In my game, I did it Nar Shaddaa, Korriban, Onderon (and Dxun), Dantooine.

If I were to do it over again, I would do Nar Shaddaa, Dantooine, Korriban, Onderon (and Dxun). As Kreia says, the stronger you are in the Force, the stronger your Sith enemies are. All of the other enemies stay at the same level.

Don't worry about completing quests that you've already completed but aren't recorded as completed in your journal. It's just another bug. You don't get anything from having all of your quests recorded as completed anyway.
Old 12-23-04, 05:44 PM   #61
Hokeyboy
DVD Talk Legend

Color me disappointed. More of the same, which is fine if the story was worth it... which it wasn't. Plus it ends VERY abruptly. I stared at the screen, thinking "I spent all that time... for WHAT?!"

The game didn't build on itself. Feh.
If she sneezes and tries to hold it in, will her penis pop back out?- Abob Teff
Old 12-23-04, 10:09 PM   #62
Liquid Death
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm playing through it a 2nd time as a Dark Jedi - a few comments for those who have finished it:

Spoiler:
I agree with the above posts - the ending is way too abrupt, ignores a few plot points (how did the Ebon Hawk get out of the ravine? What happened with GOTO and Remote?), leaves you hanging as to the fate of your companions, etc. On the 2nd playthrough, I was able to turn Handmaiden into a Jedi (didn't know you could first time through) and you get Hanbarr if you're dark and Mira if you're light, which I thought was neat). Basically, I think the game is fun to play, but don't do it for the plot/buildup/ending - you'll be disappointed).
Old 12-24-04, 12:57 PM   #63
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Jedi Guardian Handmaiden was my second-in-command. She kicked ass!

So I made Handmaiden and Atton into Jedi. Mira just said that she might let me at some point in the future. I could never have a conversation with Bao'Dur. Can those two also become Jedi?
Old 12-24-04, 11:39 PM   #64
Liquid Death

As a light side jedi, I remember conversing with Bao-Dur quite a bit - as a dark jedi, I haven't had any impromptu conversations with him. I also didn't manage to get enough influence with HK or GOTO to unlock more conversations, nor did I turn Atton to a Jedi. I really doubt I'll play through the game a third time, so those mysteries will have to go forever unanswered
Old 12-25-04, 04:49 PM   #65
SuprVgeta
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Jedi Guardian Handmaiden was my second-in-command. She kicked ass!
When I tried to make Handmaiden a Jedi she accepted the training, and then Kreia says "so it begins..... betrayal," then I'm transported to the Telos Secret Academy and can do absolutely nothing at the place, no cutscenes and can't even board the Ebon Hawk, so I take it that is some kind of glitch, which pisses me off. I'm about 38 hours into the game so i just said to hell with it and I'm about to finish as a lightside jedi master, level 26-ish, then I'm gonna go through again as a Dark Jedi.

DVD Collection
Old 12-25-04, 09:22 PM   #66
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Any idea when this is out for the PC?
Old 12-25-04, 11:56 PM   #67
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprVgeta
When I tried to make Handmaiden a Jedi she accepted the training, and then Kreia says "so it begins..... betrayal," then I'm transported to the Telos Secret Academy and can do absolutely nothing at the place, no cutscenes and can't even board the Ebon Hawk, so I take it that is some kind of glitch, which pisses me off.
Yeah, that must have been a bug. Weird. A real-time cutscene is supposed to take place between Atris and the handmaidens there.
Old 12-26-04, 03:19 AM   #68
SuprVgeta
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Death
I'm playing through it a 2nd time as a Dark Jedi - a few comments for those who have finished it:

Spoiler:
I agree with the above posts - the ending is way too abrupt, ignores a few plot points (how did the Ebon Hawk get out of the ravine? What happened with GOTO and Remote?), leaves you hanging as to the fate of your companions, etc. On the 2nd playthrough, I was able to turn Handmaiden into a Jedi (didn't know you could first time through) and you get Hanbarr if you're dark and Mira if you're light, which I thought was neat). Basically, I think the game is fun to play, but don't do it for the plot/buildup/ending - you'll be disappointed).
I agree.
Spoiler:
A lot of those things you stated go completely unresolved. It's funny looking through the movie section upon beating the game, you'll see "death of the ebon hawk" and then like two movies down in the "escape from the trayus core" you are escaping on the Ebon Hawk. The ending (light) sucked bad compared to last year, where you conquer the galaxy and have the armada or get the medals as lightside. I am most likely going to play through again as a dark jedi just because dark side responses are so damn hilarious.

DVD Collection
Old 12-26-04, 06:02 PM   #69
silentbob007

I finally finished the game as light as you could get (I think I was maxed out on the light side about 10 hours into a 30 hour game). I don't think I'll play through the dark side ... frankly, I don't care about it that much, which is different from the first game.
Old 12-26-04, 07:45 PM   #70
MasterofDVD
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought I wanted this game for Xmas but luckily Wal-Mart was out of stock and my wife bought me something else. I saw this because after playing a copy my buddy let me borrow this game is just more of the same and the added things really aren't things I care about. Making items on the bench is ok but it isn't very in depth. The fact that you can persuade your crew to join you in cool but I just don't seem to care 10 hours or so into the game. Running around and talking to people over and over again in a FF RPG is fun cause the backgrounds are usually impressive and that makes running around a little less boring. The backgrounds in this game are just as stale as the first and while I dealt with it the first time I can't stand the same thing a second time.

I'm going to give it one more shot tomorrow but I'm just getting drawn into it like I was the first one and I'm kinda bummed out by that fact. I really wanted to enjoy this game.
Old 12-31-04, 03:05 PM   #71
Bluebomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob007
I finally finished the game as light as you could get (I think I was maxed out on the light side about 10 hours into a 30 hour game). I don't think I'll play through the dark side ... frankly, I don't care about it that much, which is different from the first game.

I'm in the same boat, just beat it and have no desire to go through so many tedious fetch missions again . Funny since when I beat the first game I almost started over again that very minute. Unfortunatly I just found Sith Lords to be rushed, framerate problems all over the place, unresolved plot points, including weird moments like when Goto is shown destroying remote droid , then i'm walking around my ship and hey there it is.
Old 12-31-04, 04:45 PM   #72
Liquid Death

I beat the game as a Dark Jedi and the ending makes MUCH more sense (though still vague) than as a Light Jedi.

Spoiler:
The Trayus core doesn't explode and you don't see the Ebon Hawke again, so those two plot holes (with Goto/Remote and the sudden reappearance of the ship) are rendered null and void in contrast to the light side and you 'follow' in Revan's footsteps into the Outer Rim to face the true Sith. Still kind of lame, imo. And I still only have 58/62 movies unlocked.
Old 12-31-04, 06:01 PM   #73
silentbob007

What's the point of making a game in which the player determines the outcome if the plot really only works one way?
Old 01-01-05, 05:19 PM   #74
SuprVgeta
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebomber
I'm in the same boat, just beat it and have no desire to go through so many tedious fetch missions again . Funny since when I beat the first game I almost started over again that very minute. Unfortunatly I just found Sith Lords to be rushed, framerate problems all over the place, unresolved plot points, including weird moments like when Goto is shown destroying remote droid , then i'm walking around my ship and hey there it is.
I am feeling the same way, I was going to go through again as a dark Jedi, but I was about 3 hours into the game and it locked up. I had saved like 45 minutes ago, and I didn't want to have to replay those 45 minutes, so I doubt that I'll ever pick the game up again. I also found the moment where GOTO destroys Bao-Dur's remote odd too, because I go walking around the Ebon Hawk and there is the remote circling around Bao-Dur (and eventually comes up in another unresolved moment at the end of the game, with GOTO nonetheless).

DVD Collection
Old 01-02-05, 04:59 PM   #75
sq240

I am stuck on Onderon. Help appreciated.

Spoiler:

I am trying to free Dhagon (I think that is his name). I have talked to everyone in the cantina and found the droid at the crimescene with the missing head. I reprogrammed the droid selling parts outside the doctor's office, and he told me Tolas was his creator. Everyone in the cantina is telling me the same thing that I need to find the head and take it to the slicer, yet I have no idea where the head is. I went back and talked to Riken again and he is not saying anything new. I suspect Tolas, but I can't prove it. Where is the freakin droid head?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links