Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-10-04, 12:45 AM   #26
no_creativity

I have the same problem with KOTOR2 I had with Halo2, the music just didn't compare to the first one.

More of the same with same soundtrack= excellent

More of the same with new crappy score = good, but ehhh...
Old 12-10-04, 08:49 AM   #27
Flay
Video Game Talk Editor

I'm having a great time with this one. Getting off Pegasus Mining Colony is much quicker than getting off Telos in the first Kotor. Took me about 3.5 hours on normal. I also like that you start out with your force powers.

The story is very good so far. It seems like there will be tons of twists throughout the game. Carth 2.0 is about 1/10 as annoying as Carth Original. Of course, a Han Solo character would be much cooler than a republic soldier to begin with.

I'm starting to get her story out of the old woman, although I keep losing influence on her because I am playing through as a light side jedi. Seems like I should be able to covert her over to the light side by the end of the game.

Right now I'm on the station orbiting Telos having fun exploring the place. No lightsaber yet, but it doesn't detract from the story or my fun. If I had to guess, I bet I will have to get to a planet that used to have a Jedi enclave on it before I score my duel sabers.
Old 12-10-04, 01:12 PM   #28
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flay
I'm starting to get her story out of the old woman, although I keep losing influence on her because I am playing through as a light side jedi. Seems like I should be able to covert her over to the light side by the end of the game.
As long as you don't reject her ideas out of hand, you can occasionally gain influence with Kreia and Light Side points.
Old 12-10-04, 01:41 PM   #29
Flay
Video Game Talk Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
As long as you don't reject her ideas out of hand, you can occasionally gain influence with Kreia and Light Side points.
I found that to be true on Pegasus, but the Telos station is completely different. She continually challenges me on my light side choices. I try to agree, but the choice options are usually toward the dark side. I guess I'll keep answering questions with questions until she relents.
Old 12-10-04, 02:41 PM   #30
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flay
I found that to be true on Pegasus, but the Telos station is completely different. She continually challenges me on my light side choices. I try to agree, but the choice options are usually toward the dark side. I guess I'll keep answering questions with questions until she relents.
It probably varies. Right now I'm at Nar Shadaa and I just gained Light Side points from talking with her.
Old 12-11-04, 11:40 AM   #31
Flay
Video Game Talk Editor

I bet some people are having trouble with some of the puzzles I ran around for a while trying to solve, so I will post the answers to the ones I've found in spoiler tags.

Pegasus Mining facility

1. Where do I get the voiceprint identification to unlock the hangar access?

Spoiler:
There are 3 voiceprints needed in order to get the entire recording. The first is recorded on the HK-47 droid. Talk to him. The second is on the maintenance records computer in the Droid Control room near the locked door. It is in the same area as HK-47.

The 3rd recording is on a computer way back at the begining of the level in a security room on the Admin level. It's a recording of a superior officer talking to the dead voiceprint guy. After gaining all recordings, head back to the computer near the locked door and use the voiceprint to gain access.

Telos Surface

2. How do I unlock the shuttle from the hanger in the abandoned military base?

Spoiler:
The ship you are unlocking is in the building under the Czerza camp. In order to get the launch codes and hanger door open, You need to turn the generator back on. First you fight your way to the opposite end of the facility and turn on the power.

On your way back, stop at the room with the droid pods on both sides. On the left side, you can now gain access to the launch codes. Open the door and search through the containers to get the codes. Continue back to the shuttle and open the hanger doors in the control room overlooking the shuttle.

You can leave immediately or kill the giant droid to gain access to the room with 6 to 7 containers, 1 of which contains a cool training robe. Also, you can never gain passage to the subaccess door in the base, so don't even bother.

Lightsabers

1. When do I get to build my saber, Obi-Wan?

Spoiler:
You first have to complete the Pegasus Mining facility, Telos Station, and the Telos surface, usually takes about 7-9 hours. When you get the Ebon Hawk back, you can travel to 4 different planets. I'm assuming any of those planets will have the parts you need to build a saber, but the quickest is probably Nar Shadaa or Korriban if you are an evil bastard or Dantooine if you play for the good guys.

You will need 4 parts that you can buy, create from parts, or attain from your actions. There are many different variations on the parts too, so choose carefully. They are:

Colored Crystal: Found on the Telos Station at the Dobo Brother in Ent. Module 81, just outside the Cantina. Also on Dantooine in the same caves as Kotor 1. The new colors this time around are Orange, Cyan, Viridian, Silver, Bronze, and dark green(looks black).

Emitter Fixture: You are awarded one on the Telos station by Czerza or Choda, depending on what path you took.

Energy Cell Fixture: Dantooine - buy one from the salavager you save in the sublevel for 1000 creds. Nar Shadaa - you will get one after a fight that occurs on the Ebon Hawk.

Focusing Lens: Dantooine - Help the settlers win the fight versus the invaders and you will be awarded one by a character from Kotor 1.

Talk to your energy armed friend and he will help you build a new saber.

Gaining Influence

1. Kriea

Spoiler:
I have finally figured out this crazy bitch. She despises acts of pure evil and pure good. What she loves is MANIPULATION to gain power regardless of dark or light points gained. Usually that means dark side points, but you can attempt to argue the light side of the spectrum.

2. Atton

Spoiler:
He is easy. Agree with his plans or ideas and he will be your best friend regardless of dark or light alignment.

Uber Rewards for Dark or Light Side Mastery

Spoiler:
You get bonuses if you attain mastery in your choice of sides. Also good incentive to keep yourself there.

Jedi Guardian / Weapon Master: +3 bonus to Strength
Jedi Sentinal / Watchman: +3 bonus to Constitution
Jedi Consular / Master: +3 bonus to Wisdom

Sith Assassin: +7-8 damage
Sith Maurader: +1-8 damage against light side
Sith Lord: +50 Force Points

Last edited by Flay; 12-11-04 at 01:03 PM..
Old 12-11-04, 12:27 PM   #32
Giantrobo
DVD Talk Godfather

Is anyone having any lockup or glitching?
Old 12-12-04, 05:56 PM   #33
sq240

I am having a few glitches and hang up especially around corners and opening containers, but nothing too bad.

Quick question for something on Telos.

Spoiler:

How to I meet with the arms dealer at apartment B3. It says I was suppose to come alone and to leave my party behind. I went into solo mode and left my party in the med unit, but the second I hit the east compound, they were with me, so I just left them right there. What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-12-04, 06:55 PM   #34
DthRdrX
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq240
I am having a few glitches and hang up especially around corners and opening containers, but nothing too bad.

Spoiler:

How to I meet with the arms dealer at apartment B3. It says I was suppose to come alone and to leave my party behind. I went into solo mode and left my party in the med unit, but the second I hit the east compound, they were with me, so I just left them right there. What am I doing wrong?
Try going to the party selection screen and picking 0 instead of 2.
Old 12-12-04, 07:07 PM   #35
Giantrobo
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq240

Ok, I was wondering if my XBOX was starting to crap out.
Old 12-12-04, 09:25 PM   #36
Jeevey
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts. Create another one and all your accounts will be banned!

My xbox freezes up whenever I try to access the Republic commando demo.
Old 12-12-04, 10:42 PM   #37
DthRdrX
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevey
My xbox freezes up whenever I try to access the Republic commando demo.
The game lags pretty bad sometimes during fighting scenes and on the equipment screen for me. I have only had a few actual bugs though, walking through walls, getting stuck, game freezing so that I have to reload ect.

game ending thoughts ...

Spoiler:

BTW, did anyone else finish this yet? The story is not really about being as much dark/light or good/evil as it is the gray area in between. You can't trust anyone and everyone has their own individual goals it seems.

I really don't know what to say about the ending except the openendedness of it reminds me of the Matrix Reloaded! I can't say if they left so many things unanswered on purpose for the next game or if they just forgot about plot points at the end.

Last edited by DthRdrX; 12-13-04 at 11:26 AM..
Old 12-13-04, 10:27 AM   #38
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

I'm having the same slowdown problems, especially anytime I look at alignment stuff in the setup screen. It locked up yesterday, but I had been playing it for awhile.

Also, there's an interesting bug in relation to Nar Shaddaa and the Exchange boss there. I killed him while saving the little girl (in a RAGE over the injustice) and he showed up later in the story and cutscenes.

Right now I'm done with Telos, Nar Shaddaa, and Korriban, and just finishing up on Onderon/Dxun with Dantooine left to go. My main character is around level 25.

By the way, DthRdrX, you should indicate what's being spoiled if you're going to post a spoiler message.

Last edited by Breakfast with Girls; 12-13-04 at 11:18 AM..
Old 12-13-04, 11:25 AM   #39
DthRdrX
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
I'm having the same slowdown problems, especially anytime I look at alignment stuff in the setup screen. It locked up yesterday, but I had been playing it for awhile.

Also, there's an interesting bug in relation to Nar Shaddaa and the Exchange boss there. I killed him while saving the little girl (in a RAGE over the injustice) and he showed up later in the story and cutscenes.

Right now I'm done with Telos, Nar Shaddaa, and Korriban, and just finishing up on Onderon/Dxun with Dantooine left to go. My main character is around level 25.

By the way, DthRdrX, you should indicate what's being spoiled if you're going to post a spoiler message.
Sorry about that. I don't really think you'll get much from what I said anyway as it's pretty obvious in the beginning of the game.
Old 12-13-04, 06:39 PM   #40
sq240

Telos smuggler question:

Spoiler:
So how do I get into the Ithorian's docking bay to get the shield for the black market dealer in the arms shop? I can't persuade the guy to open the door, and I have burned all bridges at the Ithorian compound because I am working for Czerka.
Old 12-14-04, 01:30 PM   #41
Liquid Death
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How do I progress when I get to the Ice Rock (Plateau, after Telos Surface)? And was I supposed to walk the Czera supply guy out the way I came in (I took him with me on the ship, though he hasn't again appeared)?
Old 12-15-04, 12:48 AM   #42
Centurion
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This question is directed to those who have already had the game freeze-up on you:

Have you tried playing other games lately?
I was wondering if those games are crashing/freezing as well.

I ask only because I noticed with my XBOX (after playing KOTOR 1 and completing it) my other games would start freezing on me. My XBOX would crash more often on games that never would crash before.

I also began noticing a pause during loading screens. That is, when the XBOX was loading a scene/level of any game, I would hear the harddrive of the XBOX actually stop, a few clicking noises would follow, then begin to spin up to speed again. The loading would resume after that.
Old 12-15-04, 07:21 AM   #43
Flay
Video Game Talk Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Death
How do I progress when I get to the Ice Rock (Plateau, after Telos Surface)? And was I supposed to walk the Czera supply guy out the way I came in (I took him with me on the ship, though he hasn't again appeared)?
You were supposed the Czera guy back to the entrance of the compound for light side points.

As for the Ice Rock, just go to the entrance. It's a bump in the snow a short distance from the ship.
Old 12-15-04, 09:39 AM   #44
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

The lock-ups are a little annoying. Since my last post I've had it lock up on me two more times. Although I guess I shouldn't be annoyed, since both times happened to be in the equipment upgrade screen and I somehow ended up with complete duplicates (upgrades and all) of two badass lightsabers. Judging by the lightsabers I received, I'm guessing that the game duplicates an item you're working on (adding it to your inventory), then deletes the original if you assemble or deletes the duplicate if you cancel.

I've come across other equipment bugs as well. If you spar with the Handmaiden, when the match starts her armor is removed. One time this great armor I had her wearing was just deleted altogether. I even compared before and after saves to make sure. Luckily I "save frequently and in different slots," though, so I was okay.

Last edited by Breakfast with Girls; 12-15-04 at 09:43 AM..
Old 12-15-04, 10:02 AM   #45
Save Ferris
2017 TOTY Winner

How is the storyline overall compared to KOTOR 1?
Old 12-15-04, 10:11 AM   #46
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save Ferris
How is the storyline overall compared to KOTOR 1?
It follows the same basic structure. Fly to different planets and, if you're light side, solve a bunch of problems, both related and unrelated to your primary mission. Confront the Big Bad at the end.

It differs from the original game in that there's no big "Shyamalan-esque" surprise reveal (in fact, the last character you battle says something like, "What, were you expecting a big surprise?"), but there are things that you uncover as you progress through the game. There are plot twists,

Spoiler:
(Surprise! Kreia and Atris are Sith!)

although there's only one that I don't really think you could predict.

Overall, I liked it a lot, but the first game's story is still better.

Last edited by Breakfast with Girls; 12-16-04 at 10:00 AM..
Old 12-17-04, 08:16 AM   #47
RockStrongo

Yes, the last guy is a bitch to beat. It's ice cream maker guy from ESB.

http://www.geocities.com/ocb75/
Old 12-22-04, 02:47 AM   #48
DarkestPhoenix

Hey, could anyone help me out with this part?

Spoiler:
See, I'm on the Ice Rock, and after you confront yer old pal, she storms off to meditate. Well, if you talk to the handmaidens, and say, "I'm looking for a fight," you can spar with her. Well, you do that three or four times and then they pair up. Fine. Not too difficult.

Then, however, you get to this part where it's five on one. I've played this like twenty times and can't seem to beat their asses. Shit, I can hardly even use my advanced med packs faster than they hit me. I have a lot of grenades, and I've tried to just chunk as many as I can, but I still haven't gotten them below about 50%.

The problem is that there is NO WAY to start your shield before they do at least twenty points damage. Then, my shield (Mandalorian gauntlets) lasts for two hits, maybe.

Is there a trick to beat these girls in the Secret Academy? What do you get? Is it even worth it? Thanks.
Old 12-22-04, 08:37 AM   #49
silentbob007

I'm stuck on Nar Shaddaa ... I assume that I am just missing something, but I've looked all around and I can't
Spoiler:
find the Jedi or get into the exclusive room in the poison gas cantina
Old 12-22-04, 09:43 AM   #50
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob007
I'm stuck on Nar Shaddaa ... I assume that I am just missing something, but I've looked all around and I can't
Spoiler:
find the Jedi or get into the exclusive room in the poison gas cantina
Try going back to your ship, and possibly even leaving and returning. I had difficulty triggering that sequence as well.