Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft game thread - 'official' dvdtalk server inside.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft game thread - 'official' dvdtalk server inside.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The lag has been horrible lately, and I certainly blame (or at least partially) blame it on the server transfers. I play on Bloodscalp and it was unplayable for a good part of the day yesterday until they restarted. There was at least a five minute lag at the AH - I wasn't very happy.

On a positive note, I tried out BG for the first time last night. It was great so I had to do it a couple of times in a row. The wait time was a little high a couple times, but it was worth it. Horde just couldn't win at first but I did get one victory in with my team, and lost a hard fought battle that kept me up well past when I should have went to bed.
Old 08-08-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I fought through the Dreanor lag and hit level 50 last night. I have about 13-14 days in the /played text but have been playing this character since january. Ran part of Maraudon on saturday night, killed the Khans, Vyletongue and Toxxion. Pretty hard, toxxion wiped us and we were a strong group (49 pally and mage, 52 priest, 50 warlock, 58 hunter).
Checking on the Draenor forums it seems that not all realms are hit by the terrible lag like us.
Old 08-08-05, 10:45 PM

Haha dave! I caught up to you, and then even passed you. My mage just hit 51 earlier today. Finally got my Presence of Mind. Still need to do Maraudon though. I can't pull myself to do instances too often since I want to hit 60 as fast as possible. And for me, leveling is way faster questing as a mage rather than grinding in instances.

I usually find my best groups are with 2 warriors. A tank warrior and a dps warrior.. and then of course me the mage and a priest. Typically, any other class would do for the fifth but I usually prefer a shaman that knows how to play shaman. I've grouped with too many shamans that don't lay a single totem down in a fight. Also, they unload all of their mana into one fight and end up with no mana for a backup heal.. and the priceless "I don't have any ankhs on me"
Old 08-09-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone go to the Faire? i went and bought a wood frog yesterday. where are the best places to get the cards or the stuff you trade for tickets?
Old 08-09-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Prices have gotten ridiculous for some of the items but I belive the item description lets you know where to find the materials you need.
Old 08-09-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yeah, i was wondering if there was one that was easier (or more worth while) than another.
Old 08-10-05, 02:40 PM

Anyone have notes for the upcoming 1.7 patch.
Old 08-10-05, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
Anyone go to the Faire? i went and bought a wood frog yesterday. where are the best places to get the cards or the stuff you trade for tickets?
Here's is a guide someone on the WoW forums put together.
http://www.bookofwarcraft.com/new/da...moon-faire.htm

I did a stealth run on Lord Incendius with a guild druid and finally got the Ace of Elementals which completed my Elementals Deck. Turned it in last night at the faire and got my epic trinket.

Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 60
Equip: Chance to strike your melee target with lightning for 200 to 300 Nature damage.
Old 08-11-05, 08:47 AM

The Faire just doesn't seem worth it.
Old 08-11-05, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts
I got my Tauren Hunter up to lvl 18 now. Found a raptor pet. The game is still loads of fun. I am trying to balance time between work, this game, and Madden 06
Old 08-12-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anybody have a list of the all of the noncombat pet vendors? I know there is a snake vendor in Org., a parrot vendor in Booty Bay, and I think somebody said a grounhog vendor in Thunder Bluff, but I don't know where any other ones are located. I really want a little kitty, just cause it would be cool, but there is no way I am going to pay 10-50G at the AH for it - that's just ridiculous. I have a parrot now, so I can live him for a while but I want a little kitty
Old 08-12-05, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jonny2k1
Does anybody have a list of the all of the noncombat pet vendors? I know there is a snake vendor in Org., a parrot vendor in Booty Bay, and I think somebody said a grounhog vendor in Thunder Bluff, but I don't know where any other ones are located. I really want a little kitty, just cause it would be cool, but there is no way I am going to pay 10-50G at the AH for it - that's just ridiculous. I have a parrot now, so I can live him for a while but I want a little kitty
UC has cockroaches, and I believe TB has prairie dogs. White kitties are in stormwind I think, and is from a rare vendor.
Old 08-12-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

check out this link for the complete list of pets and where to find it.

http://www.bookofwarcraft.com/bestia...small-pets.htm
Old 08-15-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can get non-white kitties for 50silver (i think) from the 'crazy cat lady' in elwynn forest.
Old 08-15-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What server are you on? I have a white kitten that I bought, but never used, if I recall.
Old 08-16-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Sounds like you're horde, so I think crazy cat lady isn't an option.

You can get a free siamese cat in deadmines from the cook on the bottom level of the ship (assuming as horde you can get to deadmines ok--never been horde so I don't really know), but you might have to kill him a few times, so you need to be able to do deadmines pretty fast (if you happen to be a rogue, you can sneak almost the whole way). I've killed him 10 or 12 times, and never gotten one to drop (I have one anyway, from a contest).
Old 08-16-05, 09:48 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
A higher-level horde can get to Deadmines quite easily, especially on a non-PvP server.

Even on PvP if you're high enough there's not much anybody can do except for call their high-level friends, and by then you're in the instance.
Old 08-16-05, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
What server are you on? I have a white kitten that I bought, but never used, if I recall.
I'm on bloodscalp. Yes, I am horde and a rogue...so I might have to go to the Deadmines sometime. I'm so close to getting my raptor so I might have to wait for that to happen first. All the cool pets are in the alliance Thanks for the list of pets, and all the responses.
Old 08-16-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Where do Horde players unlearn professions?
I'm thinking about changing from skinning/leatherworking to something else
Old 08-16-05, 04:41 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Just train in a new profession and you will be given the option to drop one of your old professions.
Old 08-16-05, 04:48 PM

ok, thanks Groucho
Old 08-16-05, 05:20 PM

I think you actually have to push 'K' to go to your skills tab, then scroll down to the profession and click the unlearn button next to the bar.
Old 08-16-05, 07:07 PM

Hardcore is right

Groucho, just shut up until you know what you're talking about

Old 08-17-05, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[QUOTE=Canadian Bacon]Groucho, just shut up until you know what you're talking about[QUOTE]

Great, If he did that then he would never talk. Do you want him to stop posting all together?

Old 08-18-05, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts
I got my Tauren Hunter to level 31, and was wondering what I should do next. The PvP aspect is kind of "blah" to me right now. It's like sometimes I get a rush from killing an alliance member, but I have died so many times to people 25+ levels higher then me, it really pisses me off. I mean, I can understand someone 10 or so levels above me killing me, ok. But this one rogue rides past me on a mount, and ignores me, so I think, how nice, he's at least being cool.

Next thing I know he's stealthed behind me, killing me. I accidentally pressed feign death (I knew it wouldn't fool a real player) and he laughs at me, and then spits on my corpse after he kills me.

I am really considering going to a regular PvE server.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.