Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft game thread - 'official' dvdtalk server inside.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft game thread - 'official' dvdtalk server inside.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
1.6 patch today.
Old 07-12-05, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveNinja
1.6 patch today.
cool
time to start playing anyway, the time is a wastin'
Old 07-12-05, 05:31 PM

Geez could the downlaoder please be any slower?(sarcastic) It's been 30 minutes and I've downloaded 32%, I swear that's dialup slow.
Old 07-12-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is taking way too long
Old 07-12-05, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I had no problems obtaining the patch. Got it this morning at pretty much the max connection of my DSL.
Old 07-12-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't ever get patches off Blizzard downloader. I typically just find a patch mirror, which takes about 4 or 5 minutes to download.
Old 07-12-05, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by neiname
This is taking way too long
took me over an hour
Old 07-13-05, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't have any problems downloading the patch at around 7 pm eastern last night.

I only played for a few minutes last night. I'm curious to see if the patch helped with Mac performance. I didn't notice much of a difference though. Ironforge seemed a bit smoother but that might have been my imagination. Maybe I can bump up some of the sliders in video options now?
Old 07-13-05, 08:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I download the patches via Fileplanet while I'm still at work, put 'em on a thumbdrive, and apply them when I get home.
Old 07-13-05, 09:22 AM

Yep, I never get the patches of the Blizzard downloader either. Just find a mirror site and you get the patch at your full bandwidth speed.
Old 07-13-05, 10:15 AM

Can someone please explain the battlegrounds to me. Haven't checked it out at all since I started and was wondering if I should give it a whirl tonight. Unfortunately since work blocks all gaming related sites I'm at the mercy of doing it at home and I'm always too busy lvling or questing.
Old 07-13-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by neiname
Can someone please explain the battlegrounds to me. Haven't checked it out at all since I started and was wondering if I should give it a whirl tonight. Unfortunately since work blocks all gaming related sites I'm at the mercy of doing it at home and I'm always too busy lvling or questing.
good luck trying to get into BG.
I spent over 2-3 hours once trying to get in.

I'm really pissed at blizzard.
I've been able to solve the patch problem by using fileplanet.
But everytime there is a big back, I can't login for hours.
My servers archimonde and Malygos was down for a few hours yesterday.
Only certain servers seemed to be affected though since I was able to log into other servers and create new chars.
Old 07-15-05, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
still screwed

thankfuly 1 of my charcaters is still on there but the others are still MIA
I saw this on Blizzard's site today:

Possible Missing Characters Fix

There seems to be a problem with some characters not appearing on the realm screen or hanging when retrieving your realms character list. It seems to be possibly caused by addons or saved game files. So, doing the following should fix the problem:

1) Move/Delete/Rename your Interface, WTF, and WDB folders from your World of Warcraft Directory. (For those of you who don't know where that is, it's default installed into C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\)
2) Log into World of Warcraft without them.
Old 07-18-05, 12:27 AM

So I'm finally level 60 with my Warlock. Only problem is that my guild (full of people I like) doesnt have nearly enough people (much less high lvls) to raid anything. For the most part, Ironforge pick up groups SUCK. I guess I'm going to have to hunt down a raiding guild, but it seems like most of them require you to clock a certain number of hours per day. Someone told me that Afterlife requires you to play like 6+ hours a day!

Crazy.
Old 07-18-05, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by jawn
So I'm finally level 60 with my Warlock. Only problem is that my guild (full of people I like) doesnt have nearly enough people (much less high lvls) to raid anything. For the most part, Ironforge pick up groups SUCK. I guess I'm going to have to hunt down a raiding guild, but it seems like most of them require you to clock a certain number of hours per day. Someone told me that Afterlife requires you to play like 6+ hours a day!

Crazy.
What server are you on? I'm on Dragonmaw.

The issue I have with my guild is that it is a priest/palidan only guild (around 80 members). I'm only a lvl 31 but I can forsee the problem of limited options when I get to a high enough level. Our guild leader is perplexed in why 55+ levelers are leaving for greener pastures and I think she finally realized that something drastic needs to happen like merging with another guild and allowing other classes.

Last edited by neiname; 07-18-05 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-18-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hit level 47 with my Mage on a run through Uldaman. Ran through Uldaman two nights in a row. i had forgot to use the Talvash's contact bowl and had to go back and kill the big giant end guy again. Uldaman is pretty fun with a good group. Some how managed to get 2 great groups two nights a row (3 of the people were the same both nights). Its great how fast even elites fall when a rogue and mage are attacking the same one.
I plan to complete some Booty Bay and other misc quest i have then go for Zul Farrak and Maradon soon. I wouldnt mind taking out the ULdaman main boss again since he drops a sweet ring. +12 in one stat (first night it was stamina, second night spirit) or else +8/9 in 2 stats (of the wolf, of the bear, etc) WITH a bonus 50 armor. must be a big ring. If i could get two of the +12 Intellect rings, i would be set. they're nice even into the 50s.
Old 07-18-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The rings he drops are unique so you can't even equip two of them that give different stats much less equip two that give the same stats. There is a quest reward in Maraudon that gives a +5 sta +9 int ring and the princess drops a +10 sta +10 int +6 spi necklace so I would focus on those.

Last edited by Fandango; 07-18-05 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-18-05, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm officiailly obsessed with this game now. After resisting my friends urging to start playing this game, I finally gave into my roommate and am using his 10-day guest account. My guy is a lvl 16 Troll Rogue on Bloodscalp - my only problem so far is never having money
Old 07-18-05, 05:58 PM

Hit lvl 24 last night
Old 07-18-05, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The necklace the Princess drops is called the Gemshard Heart, I think, and it is indeed very nice. I still use mine at 60 and you won't see anything better until you get into the end game raid instances.

Jonny2k1, hit your friends up for gold. That's the good part of being a late starter. Their high level characters can help power level you and give you gold and gear.
Old 07-18-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone playing on BoneChewer as horde?
Old 07-19-05, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by belboz
The necklace the Princess drops is called the Gemshard Heart, I think, and it is indeed very nice. I still use mine at 60 and you won't see anything better until you get into the end game raid instances.

Jonny2k1, hit your friends up for gold. That's the good part of being a late starter. Their high level characters can help power level you and give you gold and gear.
Besides getting quests done earlier, what other way can you power level?
Old 07-19-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone here maxed out spirit as a caster? Is it usefull at all? For my mage ive been collection stuff with fire spell damage bonuses and intellect bonuses. Ive noticed some stuff with nice spirit bonuses (i have Grimlock's shirt that has a +20 spirit bonus). Seems like you could get up to 150-200 in bonis spirit with the right stuff. Would your mana regen super fast? like you cast a fireball and have the amount back a second or 2 later? Seems like it would need to regen pretty fast to make it worth the mana pool you'd missing collection spirit bonus equipment instead of intellect bonus equipment.
Old 07-19-05, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
Has anyone here maxed out spirit as a caster? Is it usefull at all? For my mage ive been collection stuff with fire spell damage bonuses and intellect bonuses. Ive noticed some stuff with nice spirit bonuses (i have Grimlock's shirt that has a +20 spirit bonus). Seems like you could get up to 150-200 in bonis spirit with the right stuff. Would your mana regen super fast? like you cast a fireball and have the amount back a second or 2 later? Seems like it would need to regen pretty fast to make it worth the mana pool you'd missing collection spirit bonus equipment instead of intellect bonus equipment.
The amount of mana spirit gives back to your per tick isn't worth losing intellect and/or stamina. It's good to have spirit, but don't focus on it too much. Assuming you're on a pvp server, when you solo, it's good to focus mainly on damage gear. That way, you can drop an enemy fast.. and also finish mobs fast. When you're in a group though, then you can slap on your intellect and spirit gear since you're not supposed to be getting hit anyways. Then cast your mage armor.

Something useful for you would be a mod that lets you see how much mana and hp you gain back per tick. Atlas adds a snazzy bar that shows that (among other useful things).
Old 07-19-05, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have Telos infobar that can give me the mana regen. i was just wondering if spirit was really worth anything, which is sounds like it isnt.
fire damage gear lowers my possible intellect (since it usually doesnt have intellect bonuses that non-fire gear would have) but makes me more efficent and can finish off mobs quicker. 99% of the time i quest its with a paladin so i dont worry about dying too much since a rez is always ten seconds away.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.