Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes Best Deal?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-04, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey just wondering if any of you blokes know any good deals for the Metal Gear Solid game for the Gamecube coming out this Thursday...
Old 03-02-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blokes...

I'm not sure you'll see any super great deals on release. Although, the game is only MSRP $39.99 so that's almost a deal in itself... especially with the Gamers Gift Card. (never thought I'd suggest that)

I've been checking www.cheapassgamer.com , but I haven't seen anything lately, except for the Overstock.com fiasco that let you pre-order it for about $27 or so...
Old 03-02-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it retails for $40, so it's better than most releases right off the bat.

Isn't the release date 3/9?

I've never played the original Metal Gear Solid. I finished the sequel and although the story was completely goofy, I still enjoyed it. Based on that, I figure this is a no-brainer.
Old 03-02-04, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 400 Likes on 300 Posts
Didn't EB have a trade in deal for this? I think I read it at CAG a few weeks back. It may or may not be still going on.
Old 03-02-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait for it to come out at Best Buy and use a $5 coupon. Who are these heathens that say it's a good enough deal without coupons, don't they know what site they're on?
Old 03-03-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

this is an absolute no brainer... i will be picking this up day one.
Old 03-03-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Best deal is $34.99 using the BB coupon. I'm gonna pick it up hopefully after class next week hopefully, though the release date in the gamecube release date thread says 3/4? Is this true?
Old 03-03-04, 11:29 PM

The deal at EB is trade in 4 ps2, xbox, or GC games and get Twin Snakes free. Should still be going on, until release date.
Old 03-07-04, 09:12 AM

Fry's Electronics will have this title for $29.99 -- available March 11th by Noon. This was listed in the Sunday paper in Arizona.
Old 03-07-04, 12:39 PM

Ok here's what you do... go to gamestop and reserve the suffering. You get a free copy of Midway Arcade Collection or something. Then you come back when Suffering comes out and say you dont want it anymore and apply your five dollars to Twin Snakes and trade in your Midway Arcade game in for another 9 bucks or so. That way you get the game for 31 bucks.
Old 03-07-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DonkeyKong
Fry's Electronics will have this title for $29.99 -- available March 11th by Noon. This was listed in the Sunday paper in Arizona.
I just saw this ad in todays Los Angeles Times as well. Great deal!
Old 03-07-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you don't have Fry's near you Bestbuy is your 2nd BEST DEAL.

Buy Metal Gear Solid (GC) get Free 2X memory Card FREE - $5 off coupon = $34.99

Still not Bad DEAL !!
Old 03-07-04, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MrMeJW
Ok here's what you do... go to gamestop and reserve the suffering. You get a free copy of Midway Arcade Collection or something. Then you come back when Suffering comes out and say you dont want it anymore and apply your five dollars to Twin Snakes and trade in your Midway Arcade game in for another 9 bucks or so. That way you get the game for 31 bucks.
That's pretty crappy... why not just spend a couple of extra bucks?
Old 03-07-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 400 Likes on 300 Posts
Originally posted by cheapskate
Yeah really, seems like his idea was a big hassle.
Old 03-07-04, 09:39 PM

... wasn't the whole point of the thread to SAVE a couple extra bucks? Here is a way to knock 10 bucks off the price for those who don't have a Fry's in their area. Sure its going to take one extra trip over to the store but for some I could see it be worth it. I don't see how its any more of a hassle then that crazy Target deal people had going a few weeks back.
Old 03-07-04, 10:12 PM

yeah it works, and it saves a few bucks, and its somewhat creative too . I like it. Though I'm just going to do the $5 off BB + 8MB memory card, then trade in the memory card or ebay it as I've got the 251 and its plenty. I appreciate any type of deals, keep'em coming.
Old 03-08-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

... wasn't the whole point of the thread to SAVE a couple extra bucks? Here is a way to knock 10 bucks off the price for those who don't have a Fry's in their area. Sure its going to take one extra trip over to the store but for some I could see it be worth it. I don't see how its any more of a hassle then that crazy Target deal people had going a few weeks back.
I understand your point; but I still think it's wrong to go into a store, take advantage of a "Free Game with Preorder" offer with no intentions of ever buying the game, then going back later and trading the free game for money/store credit, and cancelling your pre-order.

Especially when you're only saving a few dollars by doing so...

But like Outlaw said... any type of "deal" is appreciated I guess.
Old 03-08-04, 12:22 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Well genius, you only get midway for free when you pre-oder AND buy the sufferin. You think you would get a $20 game for free?
Old 03-08-04, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Well genius, you only get midway for free when you pre-oder AND buy the sufferin. You think you would get a $20 game for free?
No, I preorded it and got the game the same day. So yes I do think I would get a 20 dollar game for free. I don't have any intentions of trading the game in because I enjoy all those old games.

Just because you didn't like my idea doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.

Last edited by MrMeJW; 03-08-04 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-08-04, 05:24 PM

I understand your point; but I still think it's wrong to go into a store, take advantage of a "Free Game with Preorder" offer with no intentions of ever buying the game, then going back later and trading the free game for money/store credit, and cancelling your pre-order.

Especially when you're only saving a few dollars by doing so...

But like Outlaw said... any type of "deal" is appreciated I guess.
Yeah it is a pretty low thing to do but the clerk at the store will thank you. Gamestop keeps track of their employees number of reserves. It doesn't matter if the reserve gets canceled or anything, just as long as they get them in the first place.

Plus this is well within the policies of the store.

Last edited by MrMeJW; 03-08-04 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-09-04, 02:56 AM

No, I preorded it and got the game the same day. So yes I do think I would get a 20 dollar game for free. I don't have any intentions of trading the game in because I enjoy all those old games.

Just because you didn't like my idea doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.
Actually whatever clerk gave you the Midway game when you made the reserve made a mistake. I work at a GameStop as well, and I can tell you that it has been made very clear to every employee at every store via email that the discs are only to be given to the customer at the time of purchase, if they had reserved the game.

Just because the employee who helped you made a stupid mistake that most stores will not doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.
Old 03-09-04, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by Not A N00b
Actually whatever clerk gave you the Midway game when you made the reserve made a mistake. I work at a GameStop as well, and I can tell you that it has been made very clear to every employee at every store via email that the discs are only to be given to the customer at the time of purchase, if they had reserved the game.

Just because the employee who helped you made a stupid mistake that most stores will not doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.
Where was I being a jerk about it? I think Gizmos little "Well genius..." remark was more of a jerk thing then anything I said.
Old 03-10-04, 08:44 PM
Banned

who, cares about a damn midway game. Twin snakes is out. just go buy the game. I love it. I hate the damn controls. ps2 controler is so much easier (i don;t want to get in an argument about controllers.) well i got some dog tags to collect, so for now... SNAKE OUT>
Old 03-10-04, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Not A N00b
I think you misread the posts. GizmoDVD made the rude remark, not MrMeJW.
Old 03-11-04, 12:03 AM

I went ahead and picked this up today and have been playing all night. I'm impressed. The game looks good, plays good and the cinemas are badass-and naked I might add.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.