Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2/GC)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2/GC)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-04, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's another story:

Mega Man II was my first NES game and me and my friend loved it! My friend got Mega Man III when it came out and it was just as good but much harder! We played through the 8 bosses and got to the 4 stages where you fight the "mystery" bosses. Anyway, after we are about half way through the first one, and who should show up but the biggest badass (IMO) from Mega Man II... Metal Man. My famous quote..."Hey, it Metal Man! Is Metal Man going to help us now?" Of course, metal man proceeds to get into an armored suit kicks the crap out of us.
Old 06-19-04, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just got the new EGM. They gave it an 8.0, 8.0, and a 7.0
Old 06-20-04, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't wait til Tuesday.
Old 06-20-04, 06:14 PM

Location: B.A. classical instruments with snails, ants, and person(me)
I beat MM3 on GB. MM1 on GB, i got to the last boss, but he handled me well, same for MM6 on NES. Last boss kicked my ass.

Last edited by greenknight; 06-20-04 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-22-04, 12:33 AM

Gamespot review is up: 8.3

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/act...on/review.html

I still can't decide which system to get it for. I'm leaning towards cube, but for no particular reason. I really just want to know which controller is going to feel better playing this game.

EDIT: After reading the gamespot review i'm leaning back towards PS2, for the remixed soundtracks and because of the button layout.

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 06-22-04 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-22-04, 09:22 AM

I have to agree i think the ps2 controller would be much better, the original gamecube controller feels so small and cramped especially after long periods of time, after a metroid prime marathon i thought I was developing arthiritis and im only 22. WOW. Also i think the PS2 version has the anime cartoon, while gamecube only has the creator interview which seems kinda boring. Probably gonna run by wal-mart and pick it up after work, if anyone gets a certain version and has any reviews, please post i'm sure we would all appreciate it. THANKS
Old 06-22-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 940 Likes on 663 Posts
Well, I don't have a PS2, so, no doubt in my mind which I'm getting.
Old 06-22-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone see this anywhere today yet?
Old 06-22-04, 12:09 PM

Well, it looks like i've decided on the PS2 version. The remixed soundtracks are only available on the PS2. And there's something funky with the GC controls, the fire and jump buttons are reversed.
Old 06-22-04, 12:19 PM

called both ebgames and gamestop here in newport news VA and both said they have the street date as tomorrow, even though both their websites and capcom say today. great now we have to wait some more, when will the madness stop?
Old 06-22-04, 12:25 PM
Retired

Originally posted by squaresoft7
I have to agree i think the ps2 controller would be much better, the original gamecube controller feels so small and cramped especially after long periods of time
I have exactly the opposite experience. Both are small controllers, but the GC controller fits my had much better, and has much better triggers, and analog stick. I hate the placement of the left stick on the DS, but for this game the DS would be better as the d-pad is comfortably placed, where as the GC's is in a crappy position (nearly the same as the left stick on the DS) and way too small).

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
And there's something funky with the GC controls, the fire and jump buttons are reversed.
What is it, A to shoot and B to jump? That would suck. Are the controls not customizable?
Old 06-22-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by squaresoft7
called both ebgames and gamestop here in newport news VA and both said they have the street date as tomorrow, even though both their websites and capcom say today. great now we have to wait some more, when will the madness stop?
Like any other game, they show the 'shipping date' on their website. That generally means they will receive the game the day after that.
Old 06-22-04, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
What is it, A to shoot and B to jump? That would suck. Are the controls not customizable?
Thats what i've read. And no, apparently you can't configure the controls differently. I heard its "backwards" on the PS2 also, but my main reason for leaning towards the PS2 controller now is because of the button layout, and location of the Dpad.

And as far as i can tell, from reading around on a few different message boards, no one has purchased the game yet. So nothing is 100% yet.
Old 06-22-04, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 464 Likes on 323 Posts
On the PS2 it should be "square" to shoot, and "X" to jump - if it's not, I'm not buying the game.

On the Cube it should be the smaller red button to shoot and the bigger green button to jump - if it's not, I'm not buying the game.
Old 06-22-04, 12:47 PM

well i'll probably still pick it up regardless, have to re-train myself on the buttons cause i always took pride how i could beat the quickman stage in MM2 w/o using the timestopper to freeze the death beams, that took a while but once you learn it its really fun. And he's a great first boss to beat w/ regular gun. Also just sold a bunch of my old nes games in anticipation of this cause they are pretty lucrative

Also on a side note how long does it take to evolve from a "cool new member" i mean honestly 01' here.

THANKS
Old 06-22-04, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It is by post count not how long you have been here. The levels are in the FAQ of the feedback forum.

As for the button issues, it doesn't really matter to me what is shoot and what is jump.
Old 06-22-04, 01:37 PM
Banned

My friend who has the Gamecube version does indeed have the remix in the game.
Old 06-22-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In Mega Man, I need to be able to continually fire using the tip of my thumb, and then slightly swivel my thumb, pressing the lower button with my thumb-joint in order to jump at the last second. This sort of split-second timing will be impossible to perform if the buttons were reversed.

This is a very big deal for this game - it'd be like swaping the dash/shoot button with the jump button in Super Mario Bros. - it would make the game nearly unplayable in the harder levels.
Old 06-23-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Thunderball
Anyone see this anywhere today yet?
I saw this at Circuit City today. Unfortunately, my wallet is empty from all of those darn DDD codes.
Old 06-23-04, 02:20 AM

Originally posted by DVDFreaker
My friend who has the Gamecube version does indeed have the remix in the game.
Why would the gamespot review say the GC version is lacking this?

I pre-ordered this from Capcom so we'll see. The remixed tracks are the only thing I'll miss. I don't care about the cartoon that's exclusive to PS2.
Old 06-23-04, 11:30 AM
Banned

I pre-ordered this from Capcom so we'll see. The remixed tracks are the only thing I'll miss. I don't care about the cartoon that's exclusive to PS2.
I was wrong, I didn't relaize that it's the Playstation 2 game
Old 06-23-04, 12:33 PM

Went and picked up the ps2 version today and already am at wily's stages in mm1 (i'm gonna beat em in order). The controls of the PS2 are pretty sweet, so i think this setup would rule over the gamecube, since there is no option to alter controller setup. I'm playing in navi mode to see the changes and only some of the stages have changed music, bombman is the same music, couple others have changed, also the point totals are lower, i'm playing in normal mode w/ 3 lives and iceman is only worth 60000 when he was 100000. not like points matter, i just noticed the difference. So far i can recommend the PS2 to anyone who likes the classics, and basically they are direct ports of the old ones, no graphics enhanced except for the weapons screen and the navi mode help. I'll post any more changes if i see any.
Old 06-23-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

squaresoft7,
could you confirm if the button lay-out on the PS2 version is like this: "square"=shoot, "X"=jump, and not the reverse of this?

If it is, I guess I'm getting the PS2 version, which is too bad, as I kind of wanted it on the Cube (quicker load times/consistancy).

Nice way to sabotage Cube sales figures, Capcom...
Old 06-23-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 940 Likes on 663 Posts
went to BB and they said they didn't get their truck in. Damn. I was looking forward to that last night. I'll have to check back this weekend.
Old 06-23-04, 01:45 PM

hey slop, yeah it is square to shoot and x to jump and triangle is turbo fire (sorta) and circle does nothing on megaman 1 and 2, but it slides on 3--->. So far i am pretty pleased w/ the ps2 version, now im on a marathon to unlock secrets, no sunlight for me today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.