Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else looking forward to Mario Golf?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Is anyone else looking forward to Mario Golf?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-03, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
really looking forward to this too, wish there was a review already
Old 07-26-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jekbrown
no.

j
thanks for adding to the thread. well done.
Old 07-26-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by WhattheFFF
really looking forward to this too, wish there was a review already
Here is a hands on preview from gamepro.com.
Old 07-27-03, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: Is anyone else looking forward to Mario Golf?

Originally posted by huh?
I think its going to drop on the 28th
I don't know why, but I hate this phrase almost as much I hate rap itself.

As for Mario Golf. Loved the first one, but I still haven't finished Tiger Woods, so I will hold off until it hits the clearance rack, or half price at Sam's Club.
Old 07-27-03, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like this game will be $49.99 plus a free $10 gift card at CC this week. Another sweet deal from CC.
Old 07-27-03, 09:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Not as cheap as Circuit City but Mario Golf at Target has an exclusive extra course (Target Bullseye Tour Tournament).
Old 07-27-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally posted by too much
Not as cheap as Circuit City but Mario Golf at Target has an exclusive extra course (Target Bullseye Tour Tournament).
Could you provide a link to this? Getintothegame.com doesn't mention (it's Target's gaming front).
Old 07-27-03, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's in their Sunday Ad. I don't know anything more than that.

Who's got some more info?
Old 07-27-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't looking forward to it, but I am now. I'll be buying it as soon as I see it.
Old 07-27-03, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kellehair
It's in their Sunday Ad. I don't know anything more than that.

Who's got some more info?
Exclusive Target content:
http://www.imgmag.org/images/zeldax2/Deals/Target.jpg

I am so over this. $10 less is nice, but exclusive content is forever

BTW it states available Wed June 30th... ARGH 2 extra days Oh well since Wednesday is my day off I guess it works well

BTW can anyone tell me which game is on the GBA screen here: http://www.imgmag.org/images/zeldax2/Deals/BBuy.jpg ?

Last edited by GatorDeb; 07-27-03 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-27-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What the!? Exclusive target bullseye tournament? This is the first I've heard of it. Is it a whole new tournament mode in the actual game?

I'm also really looking forward to this after playing the in-store demo. I think you meant July 30th, right .

GatorDeb, that GBA game looks like Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland. Its a fantastic game and I highly reccomend it.
Old 07-27-03, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll let you know on Wednesday, Outlaw It's not like I'll be doing anything else If it's not locked, the Target tourney is probably the first I'll be playing.

You're right, that's Kirby. I played the multiplayer with someone and I remember sliding on those things.

June, July, potato, po-tah-to...

Last edited by GatorDeb; 07-27-03 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-28-03, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody else just think this will be some sort of code as opposed to different content from the rest of the disks going to other stores?
Old 07-28-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It doesnt say its an extra course in the add, I was wondering what the hell it was though.

Is this game going to be JUST like the first one? I love that one but I dont want to get the new one to find out they changed the format to somehting that totally sucks now. I want it to play like the first one, only with better graphics.
Old 07-28-03, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ravenous
Is this game going to be JUST like the first one? I love that one but I dont want to get the new one to find out they changed the format to somehting that totally sucks now. I want it to play like the first one, only with better graphics.
Ummmm.....rent it first.

Hate to see ya blow the money but if 5.00 saves you from getting a crappy game it makes sense right?
Old 07-28-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It doesnt say its an extra course in the add, I was wondering what the hell it was though.

i read a preview that says it plays like the first game, there are a few new game modes, including a "best ball" type of mode where two or more players can take the best shot and compete against each other. sounds friggin SWEET. I absolutely loved the first one.

Has anyone found it on the shelves today?
Old 07-28-03, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just checked, not yet but I expect some stores to get it later tonight or tomorrow. Then we'll figure out what this target tournament is. I've been checking around and most people seem to think its a special code that you input to unlock a challenge. Mario Golf 64 also had this password feature to unlock different kinds of specific challenges (some were used for competitions I think). No one has confirmed it yet, so who knows.
Old 07-28-03, 01:59 PM

From the GameFAQs boards:
I just got through talking to a Nintendo representative about the Target Tour. When I first asked him he looked it up and read me the instructions he had on how to access the tour. Basically it was press Start and Z and the title screen to enter the codes menu, then insert the code.
So that confirms that this isn't an extra option, it is a code that they give you. So then I asked him if it was exclusive to the Target version, and he said it wasn't, and that it was just like the competitions they used to do with Mario Golf and Tennis. So then I asked him where you got the code, and was like "oh yeah, I missed this part when I was reading what it said", and he confirmed that there was a code given with the game, in the instructions manual or something. Last I asked him if there was a different course or anything, and he said there was no extra course, it was just the tournament. I know you can't always trust Nintendo reps, but he was reading the official instructions off his computer, so I would trust that at least. So summarizing that all up, there is nothing exclusive about the Target version of the game except for a code they give you.
Old 07-28-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I figured as much, but I guess we will know for sure in the next day or so.
Old 07-28-03, 03:10 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Someone better post the code....
Old 07-28-03, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sure it will be all over soon as someone picks it up from Target.
Old 07-28-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How is there no online reviews for this game yet?
Old 07-28-03, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
Ummmm.....rent it first.

Hate to see ya blow the money but if 5.00 saves you from getting a crappy game it makes sense right?
Why? Are people saying bad things about it? I dont mind new features or anything. I just want them to keep the mini golf, and that hitting system, with the meters on the bottom. I guess I should have said I want it to have the same type of control scheme and stuff.
Old 07-28-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The hitting system is still there but you now have a choice. You can do it Manual (the way it was before) with A, B, and A or B or automatic (new addition) with A, A.

I'm pretty sure mini Golf is still there... I'll read the NP review again and let you know tomorrow.
Old 07-29-03, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why? Are people saying bad things about it? I dont mind new features or anything. I just want them to keep the mini golf, and that hitting system, with the meters on the bottom. I guess I should have said I want it to have the same type of control scheme and stuff.
no, the hitting system is still there. there are even a couple more courses and game modes. i think he was saying rent it because you were worried about buying it blind, and as a general rule, you can always rent a game first if you are concerned about spending money on something you don't like.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.