Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Question about GameCube with Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-01, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question about GameCube with Ebay

Okay I need some input....

I sold a Game Cube to a 'newbie' ebay member. Well she has had it for a week. And now wants to return it because she feels that she paid too much. She is demand to return it. However, I stated that ALL SALES FINAL. This is a perfectly good Game Cube. She's just unhappy that she paid too much for it. The funny thing is, she set the price. It's a damn auction fool!!!

So the question is....what would you guys do? Accept the return and be stuck with a opened Game Cube or Fight this to the end and not accept the return!
Old 12-05-01, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She's stuck with it. If she set the price, then she should have cancelled prior to it ending. Consult the ebay rules... if you said All sales final, then that's that. I mean, people who bought empty boxes for $400 have to pay for it, it was in the description, and therefore not fraudulent.
Old 12-05-01, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, you're not doing anything wrong. You don't have to do a damned thing. And there's nothing she can do to you, either.
Old 12-05-01, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Is she hot???
Old 12-05-01, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is no way I'd refund her money on this one. I am really surprised she didn't just tell you she didn't want it or that it didn't work but that she paid too much is no excuse. You should write her and tell her that if she thought that she paid too much then why did she pay it? That's the kind of decision that you make right away. Did you read my post entitled "how desperate should I be for a gamecube"? I went through a similar situation and it worked out well. I know you want to avoid that negative feedback thing but if she's already left feedback she is completely stuck. By the way, how much did she pay? Just curious.
Old 12-05-01, 07:03 PM
Mod Emeritus

How much did you get?
Old 12-05-01, 07:48 PM

She only paid $232 + $20 for shipping. That is no big deal! It wasn't like $300 bucks! This lady really needs to cool off. I wonder if she sent it back to me today? If she did I'm not going to accept delivery.

I guess she's going to also leave negitive feedback. Which kinda sucks. Because I sent a Game cube to her the next day, packed it with great care. I did everything right! But I'm not going to be pushed around from a psycho.

Thanks everyone for your feed back. It helps!
Old 12-05-01, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

shoot, if she sends it back, you just made yourself $232
Old 12-05-01, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can't you complain to the ebay people? cuz if she leaves negative feedback it seems unfair for you since you didn't do anything wrong.
Old 12-05-01, 09:14 PM

I did speak with ebay. But they have limited control over this. It's very frustrating.
Old 12-05-01, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by White Knight
I did speak with ebay. But they have limited control over this. It's very frustrating.
They almost never ever get involved. I wrote them several times over only to get the same generic responses. Here's that thread I was referring to. I sure hope yours works out as well. Something tells me the lady you are dealing with is headed for lots of negative feedback in her future.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...for+a+gamecube
Old 12-05-01, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well then, i think the best bet for you is to email her, very courteously and tell her that you have no power to do anything anymore since it is an open system and she willingly bid on it. if you were to take it back, you would lose money because it was opened, and it would cause extra work for you to put it back on ebay etc. i think if you treat her politly, it would be better than to yell at her about how stupid she really is. people like this get overly emotional and angery, and to avoid negative feedback, just try to be nice. thats my suggestion. goodluck.
Old 12-05-01, 09:36 PM

Thanks Don for all the help. hey to bad I couldn't have sold my game cube to you, instead of miss. psycho.
Old 12-05-01, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you do for some reason have to take that system back make sure you file for your ebay fees back and you could write in your auctions from now on "negative and zero feedback bids will be cancelled". I've seen that lots on ebay. I don't leave negative feedback ever for people even if they are a non paying bidder, there is usually a good excuse but this lady is pushing it. My intuition tells me it's not that she overpaid but she either found one in the store or she's got financial problems and just wants the money. You could tell her that legally she isn't entitled to her shipping charges refunded, that alone could keep her from returning it. Hope that helps. Best of luck to you.
ps.I just now noticed that you were helping me in that previously mentioned thread and there is a link to that auction. You had a second highest bid of 230 and there she is at 232.50. Guess that makes her overpaying by 2.50

Last edited by Don Catchpole; 12-05-01 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-05-01, 10:06 PM

This lady is retarded. She bought it at a premium so che could actually get one, and now that she has it she wants to return it. Listen, if you had "all sales final" in your description, then you're fine. I wouldnt' give into her. Just take the negative feedback and move on. Some people have incredible nerve. She entered the Bid price, if she didn't want to spend that amount she shouldnt' have fought to win it at that price.

Damned stupid-people baffle me.
Old 12-05-01, 10:14 PM
Mod Emeritus

I'm guessing why this is why most people won't accept bids from newbies. Sucks, but if I were you I wouldn't touch someone without 20+ feedback in the future with a 10 foot e-pole.

Stupid bitch
Old 12-05-01, 11:35 PM

WOW! Check this one out. It looks to me that this nut case bought up too many Game Cubes and decided to return them.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...&all=0&rows=25

Check out that link. This is unreal. What a psycho!!! The question comes to mind....why did she purchase all these systems? Look at the times for each auction close. This is crazy.
Old 12-05-01, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by White Knight
WOW! Check this one out. It looks to me that this nut case bought up too many Game Cubes and decided to return them.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...&all=0&rows=25

Check out that link. This is unreal. What a psycho!!! The question comes to mind....why did she purchase all these systems? Look at the times for each auction close. This is crazy.
'

haha.. Are you the one that left the Negative.
Old 12-05-01, 11:58 PM

Yea I know, that's odd. I contacted the other 3 to see if they are having similar problems.

I can't wait to find out.
Old 12-06-01, 12:03 AM

check this out!!!!!! I got a return email from one of the three.

Hey there. They never even wanted it! Right after the auction
ended...one in which they bid right up until the last moment...they said
they did not want it!
Here is what they sent to me:

"i got a different game cube at a lower price but if you are offering to
lower your price to me for my son for christmas i woudl be glad to."

I notified ebay about this loser but they can't do anything about him. I
want to NEG him, but will surely get one back.
What to do?

Good luck! Mark
Old 12-06-01, 12:03 AM

Wow... what a nutbar. I feel for you man.
Old 12-06-01, 12:31 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

haha sorry but this thread is funny. to whoever sold the gc, you dont have to do anything. if she takes you to court, the judge will have a good laugh.
Old 12-06-01, 12:33 AM

WHITE KNIGHT...

Tell that person to forward that email to EBAY.... It's so obvious what she's trying to do. she's winning the auction then trying to negotiate a lower price with people. No telling what woudl be missing from the system if she mailed it back. This has scam written all over it.
Old 12-06-01, 12:53 AM

Here's what I do...file a bidder complaint form, drop a negative, file for refund, then tell them to stick it. I'm sorry, but if you bid on it and pay for it, it's yours. It's not like you can run back to a person at a fleamarket and get a refund, so same goes for eBay. I have no sympathy for someone who knowingly bids on something, pays for it, gets it, opens it, then decides they don't want it. Tell her to sell it herself. Idiots on eBay...geez.
Old 12-06-01, 01:02 AM

Hell no you don't give her a refund. Especially since you even said all sales were final. It definately sounds like a form of scam, but since she now owns it, it's her problem to either use it, or sell it herself.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.