Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Question about GameCube with Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-01, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar problem once with a lady who wanted to return The House of the Dead 2 for Dreamcast because the game didn't work with her light gun. I explained to her that Sega had not released a light gun because it didn't work right with the game, but she was just a huge jerk about the whole thing.

I archived all the e-mails and put it on my webpage because her e-mails were so crazy they were funny. When she left me feedback I responded (on my own feedback sheet) with the URL to the page.

I would do the same thing. NEG her and she'll get kicked off Ebay, so the NEG on your account will be from a user no longer registered, plus you can offer evidence as to why you ended up with a NEG.

If she sends you the unit back just keep it. I see no reason why you should feel obligated to send her any money or the system back. Sounds like justice to me.
Old 12-06-01, 02:15 AM

Tell her it's now a used system and you'll only refund part of her money. This way you can sell it again on ebay
Old 12-06-01, 05:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Well, now I'm glad I just returned my extra cube instead of doing the ebay thing. It's clear this lady doesn't understand how ebay works. She put bids in on several auctions, figuring that she'd only pay for the one with the best price. She's been spoiled by Walmart and other stores with liberal return policies. Negative feedback is meaningless to her...no doubt if she ever decides to bid again some day she'll just roll up another account.

My guess is that she finally noticed that these aren't that hard to get (Nintendo is keeping up with the demand), so she's pissed. My advice is that you keep her money and blow her off. Respond to every email she sends you with "ALL SALES ARE FINAL." She has zero recourse, legally or through ebay, so you have nothing to fear but negative feedback.
Old 12-06-01, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
White Knight, this is fricking hilarious. She obviously has no idea how eBay works. She bid on several GameCubes so she could get one and then she retracts after she finds the cheapest one or tries to get the higher bids down to below the lowest bid.

Her kid probably said, "I want a GameCube mommy." Then she went to the local stores and didn't find any (or she didn't look hard enough), so she decides to get on her computer and go to the place she keeps hearing about...eBay. She registers and doesn't read the rules. She goes and bids on several GameCubes and wins several GameCubes. She then buys the system from you and tells the others that they have to go lower than you to buy from them. She gets your GameCube, gives it to her kid, but the kid has no games to play. Mom figures out she has to go out and buy games for the system and won't have any of that, so she decides to send it back to you.

You and the other sellers she won from should all file a grievance with eBay on her. By the time everything is done, she won't ever want to come onto eBay again. The real sad thing about this is that there are some kids (or adults) out there that aren't getting GameCubes because of her. Not that I condone outrageous prices for a GC on eBay. Your price wasn't too outrageous though. Keep us updated please.

Oh yeah, forgot one thing. If she gives you negative feedback, you have a chance to write a retraction to the negative feedback. I would recommend you do so. Try to put the problems with her in the limited characters eBay gives you. Serious bidders look at negative feedback and will notice your retraction to her negative feedback. Chances are they will blow the negative feedback off since she herself has negative feedback, is a new user and it's obvious you are being truthful about the situation.

Last edited by AgtFox; 12-06-01 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-06-01, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

feel free to leave negative feedback. After the other sellers file complaints for non payment, she will be banned, and any negatives that you do have from her will become neutrals.
Old 12-07-01, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I"m going to get in touch again with the other sellers. That's a good plan. Thanks!
Old 12-12-01, 03:58 PM

*UPDATE*

Guess what just arrived at my door by my friendly UPS guy. HAHAHAH Nintendo Game Cube!!!! Jokes on the nut case...just declined the shippment. Yup didn't accept it!!! HAHAHA I can't believe she went through with it. She just wasted money on shipping fee.
Old 12-12-01, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by White Knight
*UPDATE*

Guess what just arrived at my door by my friendly UPS guy. HAHAHAH Nintendo Game Cube!!!! Jokes on the nut case...just declined the shippment. Yup didn't accept it!!! HAHAHA I can't believe she went through with it. She just wasted money on shipping fee.
Man I would have just kept the Gamecube and the money.
Old 12-12-01, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, i just searched for this thread for the update....

You should have kept it and her money just because she's clueless... you're not walmart, what does she expect! What a nutbar.

I jsut noticed she still only has 1 Neg on her feedback. get those seller's she's screwing with to leave feedback. You included. Leave negative feedback.

With enough Neg feedback she'll be kicked off and your negative (should she leave it) will be turned into a neutral and discredited by the NOT A REGISTERED MEMBER tag..

Craziness.
Old 12-12-01, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by RoQuEr
feel free to leave negative feedback. After the other sellers file complaints for non payment, she will be banned, and any negatives that you do have from her will become neutrals.
I didn't realize they did that... it makes alot of sense. I always get a little nervous about leaving negative feedback, because they are sure to retaliate with negative feedback to me. How many negatives are allowed until the account gets removed?
Old 12-12-01, 06:33 PM

*UPDATE*

LOL, she is crazy. I think you did the right thing by refusing shipment. Had you kept it, you could be liable somehow, and it wouldn't be honest ....
Old 12-12-01, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A similar thing happened to me a couple Xmas's ago when Gameboy Colors were in short supply. I had a sealed one up and some joker apparently bid on about 10 of them. After the auction ended I got some email to the effect of "I don't know whats going on, I won all these Gameboy auctions and I only wanted 1 of them. Sorry, I don't want yours." Apparently he just kept the cheapest one. Jerk. At least he declined mine before we made a transaction out of it, yours is even more of a jerk.
Old 12-12-01, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No refunds, no exchanges, too bad, so sad.
Old 12-12-01, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who ever said about just answering EVERY email of hers with

"ALL SALES FINAL"

had the right ticket there. That is perfect!

Great stuff...

I know it would piss me off, writing email after email of long thought out words and then just getting an email that says

"ALL SALES FINAL"

:-)
Old 12-13-01, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by RoQuEr
I thought they stopped doing that over a year ago... Are you sure they're doing it again?
Old 12-16-01, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
I just started reading this thread. This is hilarious! Any updates?
Old 12-16-01, 09:36 AM

Todd,
The only update that I have so far is that I rejected the shipment. Following by calling UPS to find the tracking number(which she decline to give me). Well it seems that she also rejected her own package. What a moron! It's her package and she's refusing to accept it. I sent her this email last night:

Susan,

I notice that you also did not accept the delivery of the Game Cube package. I spoke with UPS and they informed me that this box will NOT return to me. They will hold it for only a few days until they declare it as "LOST GOODS". In that case you'll lose the Game Cube. I advise you to pick up the package because you'll lose a perfectly good Game Cube.

Happy Holidays,

James
Old 12-16-01, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Cyberock
Tell her it's now a used system and you'll only refund part of her money. This way you can sell it again on ebay

Simply state the above conditions that everyone else has mentioned, with the final alternative: If you absolutely must rid yourself of this system, you may send it back to me and I will inspect it fully. In the event that everything is returned and working, I will refund you $100. If anything is missing or has been damaged, the price will be reduced accordingly for replacement of the damaged components. If the replacement cost of components exceeds the refund amount, I will simply return the system back to you as is, end of discussion.

Then, if she's stupid enough to give it back, and the system is cool, i'll take it off your hands for whatever you refunder her +10% and shipping
Old 12-16-01, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by Slug

Man I would have just kept the Gamecube and the money.
Ditto.
Old 12-16-01, 02:43 PM

Susan,

I notice that you also did not accept the delivery of the Game Cube package. I spoke with UPS and they informed me that this box will NOT return to me. They will hold it for only a few days until they declare it as "LOST GOODS". In that case you'll lose the Game Cube. I advise you to pick up the package because you'll lose a perfectly good Game Cube.

Happy Holidays,

James
[/B]
What is this woman thinking? There is no way she can win this.
Old 12-16-01, 02:58 PM

THis is funny....I sent the nutcase a link to this thread.
Old 12-16-01, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

THis is funny....I sent the nutcase a link to this thread.

Wow, that'll probably complicate things. Whiteknight, can you verify that she received the package the first time. Make sure you save all your emails, and your ups/usps tracking number. You'll need all that when the wacko starts complaining to ebay.
Old 12-16-01, 06:28 PM

Clark,

I have a folder filled with everything about this transaction.

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 12-16-01 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-07-02, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

White Knight-

Tell us you have some updates on this saga??

This is HILARIOUS!
Old 01-08-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been very curious myself as to how this saga worked out. Just to restore everyone's faith in ebay I had the best transaction of my life last week. I jumped in and bid on a gameboy advance the last second of an auction for 105 for the system which was advertised as used with 2 games. I thought that was a pretty good deal then it comes in the mail and WOW it's like brand new, the receipt is in the box with the gba, there is an extra game included and a worm light is in there and it looked like the games had never been touched, still had plastic on them. You ever see something for sale by joeyv8 you should jump on it. Anyway White knight I sure hope that it all worked out for you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.