Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Number of XBox launch titles triples the GameCube launch.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Number of XBox launch titles triples the GameCube launch.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-01, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x-box is getting my money
Old 11-02-01, 07:06 AM

When your hard drive dies, my memory card will be running like a charm. You do make a good point, however. I wonder what happened to Gamecube's launch titles.
Old 11-02-01, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Number of XBox launch titles triples the GameCube launch.

If I were to buy either of the 2 new systems coming out, I'll give you my opinion on what I would buy at launch. For your information, I'm waiting on both systems for both monetary reasons (lots of PS2 games have come out) and the "burned before" reasons. I shall start with X-Box (bold title means I would get)...

4x4 Evolution 2 - bad reviews so far, not interested
Airforce Delta Storm - never really been a fighter jet game fan
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding - looks interesting, but I have SSX and have generally disliked Snowboarding games
Arctic Thunder - heck no
Cel Damage - bad reviews so far, not my type of game
Dark Summit - same reason as Amped
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - I like Tony Hawk and that's about it for extreme games
Dead Or Alive 3 - would probably buy even though I dislike the DoA series when compared to SF, Tekken or VF
Fusion Frenzy - not interested
Halo - The must buy game for X-Box, I don't know if it will sell a million though
Kabuki Warriors - nope
Mad Dash Racing - nope
Madden 2002 - already own on PS2, does not have NCAA 2002 to compliment it with exporting college players for draft into Madden
Nascar Heat 2002 - hate NASCAR
Nascar Thunder 2002 - see above
NFL Fever 2002 - Fever was bad on PC but had the best graphics years ago, chances are it will be the same on X-Box
NHL Hitz 2002 - Played enough NFL Blitz, this doesn't interest me
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysey - played the demo, not interested
Project Gotham Racing - if they take the MSR (Metropolis Street Racing) basics into this it should be good...but not as good as GT3
Shrek - this one is iffy...I have heard from sources that animation is bad
Simpson’s Road Rage - hell no, no Simpsons game will ever be good it seems like
Star Wars: Starfighter SE - already own on PS2, extras are not worth $50
Test Drive Offroad: Wide Open - heck no
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2X - I like Tony Hawk, but I don't own any of the games. This game is 1 and 2 along with some extra levels and upgraded graphics. Would be a good buy if you don't own any THPS games.

Now, onto the GameCube

All Star Baseball 2002 - no, don't like console baseball games
Luigi's Mansion - it may be short and it may not be Mario, but chances are this will sell very well
Madden 2002 - same as X-Box reason above
NHL Hitz 2002 - same as X-Box reason above
Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II - The game to get even though I am tired of the Star Wars spaceship games. This will most likely outsell Halo.
Super Monkey Ball - It is coming to the PS2, but this is the sleeper hit of the launch. I was lucky enough to play the import version and this is one of Sega's most original games yet.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - it doesn't have on-line capabilities, has better graphics than the PS2 version...people should get this if they don't own it on PS2 or don't have a PS2.
Wave Race - This is a hard one, I liked the first one but initial reviews have not made me too excited about this game. It is very borderline.

So, I would get 4 out of 24 on the X-Box and 4 out of 8 on the GameCube.

Nintendo doesn't bring out a whole lot of games at launch because they adhere to a standard of quality over quantity for the most part. Sony and Microsoft are the reverse, but within the quantity there may be more quality games than Nintendo has put out...that's where Nintendo looks bad.
Old 11-02-01, 08:26 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

AgtFox, you may want to rethink your position on Fever. It has been getting rave reviews by everyone who has played it in the kiosks from all types of fans. Think of it as a excellent mixture of Madden and the NFL2K series. Anyway, go try it out at your local EB.

I agree with you on Oddworld, but I am betting that Demo was just a bad representation. Check that one out again later.

And I will say it again and again, PGR is a arcade street racer, not a sim like GT3. If you want to compare GT3 to anything, compare it to Sega GT 2002 coming out next year.

As for the Gamecube games, Luigi is not my thing but it will sell good with the kids.

I agree on RS and SMB. They will be big sellers for the Gamecube. I agree with your point on Tony Hawk 3, but I will be waiting for my XBox version.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was illustrated by you very well. The XBox has a more diverse selection than the Gamecube which will attract a different types of gamers. For instance, some people may love Nascar and get the XBox just for those 2 games. It's all about the vast selection in the XBox lineup.

I just wish Ninendo have waited a little longer to launch with a few more games; maybe a a couple of weeks. I also think people will be dissapointed with games like Luigi and Pikmin because of the shortness factor. If Nintendo had waited a little longer, they could have added more to those 2 games. Nintendo also needs better 3rd party support to beef up their lineup.
Old 11-02-01, 08:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Super Monkey Ball - What?? Sounds dumb.
Well, it may "sound dumb," but it's actually getting the best press of any of the Gamecube launch games...and looks very promising indeed. If your basis for buying games is whether or not their titles are "kewl" or not, you are going to be disappointed more often then not.
Old 11-02-01, 08:40 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by Groucho

Well, it may "sound dumb," but it's actually getting the best press of any of the Gamecube launch games...and looks very promising indeed. If your basis for buying games is whether or not their titles are "kewl" or not, you are going to be disappointed more often then not.
Super Monkey Ball = The Fantastical Simian Testicular Adventure!

j/k

SMB will be huge for the GC. I think it will sell better than Luigi or WaveRace
Old 11-02-01, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Well, it may "sound dumb," but it's actually getting the best press of any of the Gamecube launch games...and looks very promising indeed.
A Sega game on a Nintendo console? I dont care if they call it "The Gayest Game Of All Time". Im in.
Old 11-02-01, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I apologize, I did sound harsh in my previous post.

I'm just frustrated with all of this stuff. Flay, my impression was you were trying to make a point that the X-box had a more diverse lineup...which equals a better system. All I was saying was I never buy a lot of launch games, so as long as there are one or two that interest me I will go with that system.

The GCs lower price tag and upcoming lineup are the reasons I'm going with the GC. Nothing against the X-box, but I think their console is overpriced and I'm not excitied about their games.

I would have left this thread alone if you had simply posted the launch line-up for the X-box. That's news, that's interesting. But including the GC, and titling the thread like you did has very negative conotations.

You can claim innocence, and say you were just repeating the facts, but I don't see any reason to include the GCs lineup unless you were trying to make some sort of point. Subsequent posts made it clearer

You seem to get quite defensive over the XBox having a larger and more diverse launch lineup than the GameCube. Why is that?
How could that not seem to be a dig? Yes it's true, but I think the quality of Nintendo's lineup, as it pertains to me, is just fine. You seem to be saying that More games=better system. If you aren't saying that, fine. But you know I want a GC, I know you want an X-box, and I don't see how comparing the two does any good? Just get your system and be happy. I'll get mine and be happy too, I promise

No offense intended, I just couldn't see the point of this unless it was an attempt to point out once again how much better the X-box is. I apologize for the original post.
Old 11-02-01, 10:21 AM
Retired

Originally posted by draven-x

I would have left this thread alone if you had simply posted the launch line-up for the X-box. That's news, that's interesting. But including the GC, and titling the thread like you did has very negative conotations.

You can claim innocence, and say you were just repeating the facts, but I don't see any reason to include the GCs lineup unless you were trying to make some sort of point. Subsequent posts made it clearer

Bingo, exactly the point I was trying to make. I started a thread I while back listening the rumored GC launch games, so people could discuss them. He should have done the samething with the X-box launch games. Making the thread title what it is, was just asking for a system flame war.
Old 11-02-01, 10:30 AM
Retired

Trigger

The advertising was to clear up misinformation, in this case that Nintendo was only marketing to kids, as others had said because they had had commercials during cartoons. I've corrected people who were misinformed about some aspect of the X-box too.

The "One and Only why you Chose (blank) console thread" was started to give people on the fence about which system to buy a list of opinions to look through. I got the Idea from a similar feature by the Editors of EGM in the latest issue. It in no way promoted one system over another. It simply gave people a place to say why they decided on whichever console, and will be a good resource for people having a hard time deciding what to get.

The "Which system will come out on top thread" was started a couple months ago, when I still wasn't 100% sure whether to get a Gamecube or an X-box. I was pretty sure I wanted a GC, but I wanted to get some idea of the attitudes people had toward each of the systems to attempt to gauge if they would all be successful, or one would be more likely to fail. The people that post here are mostly hardcore gamers, so it is a pretty good, albeit small, sample.

The thread on the X-box harddrive being downgraded was Newsworthy. It was the main story of www.fgnonline.com that day, so I figured it was important enough that people planning on getting an x-box might want to know about it. I just posted the article, I didn't say anything negative about the x-box.

All these threads where either newsworthy, clearing up mis-information, or just simply didn't promote one system over the other in any way--unlike all the threads flay starts that have a clear X-box slant.
Old 11-02-01, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joshhinkle
... all the threads flay starts that have a clear X-box slant.
Im getting a Box, I think Im justified in being majorly impressed with it. That said Im starting to suspect Flay owns a whole buncha MS stock.
Old 11-02-01, 12:58 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

The thread on the X-box harddrive being downgraded was Newsworthy. It was the main story of www.fgnonline.com that day, so I figured it was important enough that people planning on getting an x-box might want to know about it. I just posted the article, I didn't say anything negative about the x-box.

All these threads where either newsworthy, clearing up mis-information, r just simply didn't promote one system over the other in any way--unlike all the threads flay starts that have a clear X-box slant.
The real question is, Would you have posted postive info about the XBox? Let's say, for the sake of the argument, that Microsoft upgraded their HD to 20 gig. I seriously doubt I would see a Joshhinkle post about that "newsworthy" item. I also doubt you would post any negative news about the Gamecube.

In fact, someone just has to look at your post history to determine that. The threads you have posted are mainly "good news" Gamecube threads; with 1 "bad news" XBox thread and 1 "bad news" PS2 thread.

So let's see. You say all the threads I create are slanted to the XBox. Prove it.

1. I posted the perfect 10 score of Tony Hawk 3 game for PS2 5 days ago. Explain how that post is slanted to the XBox. LOL!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=154680

2. I posted Gamecube and XBox theme songs that I found humorous. Equal time to each console.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=153443

3. Or maybe "IGN gives opinons on the Gamecube" was designed to be a secretive XBox thread. You tell me, Obi Wan.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=147232

Want to rephrase that statement?

Last edited by Flay; 11-02-01 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-02-01, 02:17 PM
Retired

Fine. How's this. Every X-box related thread you start is to in someway show why you think the X-box is better than other systems.

And yes I would have posted that the X-box harddrive had been upgraded, assuming I had seen the story. I doubt a story about it being upgraded would have been the lead story on FGNOnline, so I probably wouldn't have seen.

I did post a negative comment about the GC, see the Pikmin review thread where I bitch about it being short. The fact is outside of that, and some delays (namely Eternal Darkness) their really hasn't been much bad news that has come out that I can post about the GC. Besides it's not like I post every negative thing I find about the X-box. I haven't posted anything about the stories saying the instore units are crashing, breaking down etc, or anything when they reduced the number of units to ship on launch day. I simply thought people interested in the X-box would want to know that the size of the HD had been downgraded.

The fact is, if you want to post X-box news that's great, but you don't have to bash another system in doing so. And that's what the title of this thread does. "Number of XBox launch titles triples the GameCube launch." Sure that's a fact, but you are clearly posting that to promote your positive views on the X-box. You could have simply said the "X-box to Launch with 24 games" and posted the same info, without putting an X-box fanboy slant on it.

Again I don't see how you can be such a fanatic for a system that isn't out yet, from a company that has no console history to base your expectations on.
Old 11-02-01, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Y'all need to relax a bit.

They're video games, people, they're supposed to be fun! Just buy the system(s) you like and the games you like, and don't be too sensitive if someone likes different games or different systems.

I would understand getting upset at people posting outright lies, misleading information, or "frothing-at-the-mouth" fanboy rants, but for the most part, people are posting facts and personal opinions. Sure, everyone's got a slant, but who cares? Just take a deep breath and move on.

Oh, and of course, i|\|t311i\/isi0|\| 0w|\|z j00! GC, XBOX, PS2 R SuX0R!!!1!

Old 11-02-01, 02:55 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Fine. How's this. Every X-box related thread you start is to in someway show why you think the X-box is better than other systems.

And yes I would have posted that the X-box harddrive had been upgraded, assuming I had seen the story. I doubt a story about it being upgraded would have been the lead story on FGNOnline, so I probably wouldn't have seen.

I did post a negative comment about the GC, see the Pikmin review thread where I bitch about it being short. The fact is outside of that, and some delays (namely Eternal Darkness) their really hasn't been much bad news that has come out that I can post about the GC. Besides it's not like I post every negative thing I find about the X-box. I haven't posted anything about the stories saying the instore units are crashing, breaking down etc, or anything when they reduced the number of units to ship on launch day. I simply thought people interested in the X-box would want to know that the size of the HD had been downgraded.
Ahh, well you don't see the difference in what you posted and the other XBox stories you mentioned.

1. The Crashing Kiosks were due to a bad software problem on the Demo disc. Now that Microsoft has started sending out the games, you don't see that kiosk problem anymore.

2. They never said they where reducing the shipments on launch day. That was an unconfirmed rumor. In fact, in the latest Wired article, Flextronics is predicting 700 to 800 thousand at launch, with 100,000 a week after that.

You only post bad news about the XBox that is officially confirmed, such as the 8 gig HD piece. There is a difference.

The fact is, if you want to post X-box news that's great, but you don't have to bash another system in doing so. And that's what the title of this thread does. "Number of XBox launch titles triples the GameCube launch." Sure that's a fact, but you are clearly posting that to promote your positive views on the X-box. You could have simply said the "X-box to Launch with 24 games" and posted the same info, without putting an X-box fanboy slant on it.
Actaully, I did post a thread like you just described and look what it turned into:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=154536

People, including you, immediately turned it into something different. You gave your opinon on the XBox regardless of the meaning of the original post.

So explain how I am supposed to create a thread about the number of launch games, without a XBox slant, when you and others come barging in to change the subject?

Again I don't see how you can be such a fanatic for a system that isn't out yet, from a company that has no console history to base your expectations on.
I have tried to explain this to you in previous threads, but my words only fall on deaf ears. So, I won't waste my time on this question again.
Old 11-02-01, 03:07 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Flay

2. They never said they where reducing the shipments on launch day. That was an unconfirmed rumor. In fact, in the latest Wired article, Flextronics is predicting 700 to 800 thousand at launch, with 100,000 a week after that.

I'll believe when I see it. I've never trusted Wired very much. They'll be lucky to get 500,000 out on launch from every other source I've read, and more likely to have 300,000-400,000.

Actaully, I did post a thread like you just described and look what it turned into:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=154536

People, including you, immediately turned it into something different. You gave your opinon on the XBox regardless of the meaning of the original post.
A thread announcing the launch games is certainly a place to discuss the quality of the launch games. I started a thread announcing the GC launch games a while back, and I expected a conversation to break out with people saying "that is a great collection of launch games" and "Those launch games suck." Hell I can go through the GC games and tell you some suck and some look good, and I can do the same thing for the X-box games. If you post a list of games, and don't expect a debate on the quality of the games to break out, then you're just being silly. What the f*ck would be the point of having a discussion forum if you could post a list of games and have everyone just share your opinion and say "your right Flay, those all look great, I'm sooo excited!?"

The point is, discussing the merits of each systems launch line-up is fine. Have a neutral thread title, then state your opinon in the first post if you want, or just post them and let it go from there. There's no need to have flamebate thread titles like "Number of XBox launch titles triples the GameCube launch."
Old 11-02-01, 03:17 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

I'll believe when I see it. I've never trusted Wired very much. They'll be lucky to get 500,000 out on launch from every other source I've read, and more likely to have 300,000-400,000.
Well, just wait 12 days and you will have your answer.

A thread announcing the launch games is certainly a place to discuss the quality of the launch games. I started a thread announcing the GC launch games a while back, and I expected a conversation to break out with people saying "that is a great collection of launch games" and "Those launch games suck." Hell I can go through the GC games and tell you some suck and some look good, and I can do the same thing for the X-box games. If you post a list of games, and don't expect a debate on the quality of the games to break out, then you're just being silly. What the f*ck would be the point of having a discussion forum if you could post a list of games and have everyone just share your opinion and say "your right Flay, those all look great, I'm sooo excited!?"

The point is, discussing the merits of each systems launch line-up is fine. Have a neutral thread title, then state your opinon in the first post if you want, or just post them and let it go from there. There's no need to have flamebate thread titles like "Number of XBox launch titles triples the GameCube launch."
To me, this wasn't a flamebait topic. I am merely stating a difference I saw in the 2 launches. Go back and read the thread if you like. You seem to be the only one crying foul.

I am going to let you in on a little secret. The 2 launches will be compared regardless of your desires, Josh. People will compare all aspects of these 2 launches because they occur 3 days apart.

This thread is only the tip of the iceburg. Wait till the a week after both launches and people are really breaking it down. Maybe you ought to take a break from the boards to avoid getting involved if you cannot handle it.
Old 11-02-01, 03:24 PM
Retired

I am going to let you in on a little secret. The 2 launches will be compared regardless of your desires, Josh. People will compare all aspects of these 2 launches because they occur 3 days apart.

This thread is only the tip of the iceburg. Wait till the a week after both launches and people are really breaking it down. Maybe you ought to take a break from the boards to avoid getting involved if you cannot handle it.

Give me a frickin' break. Comparison is fine. It's just lame as hell to start threads just to promote one system. I know it happens, what can I say, a lot of people can't intellingently compare video game systems.

At any rate the issue is that This is not news. It's been common knowledge for months that the X-box would have a much larger launch line-up than the GC. It just hasn't been a big point because their are only a couple of good exclusive games on each system that people are interested in. The others (on both systems) are just lackluster games, ports, and sequels. You just wanted to point out the difference in size between the two to "score another point" for the X-box.

At any time I'm not going to waste anymore of my time arguing this sh!t with you. Post what you want, I'll just avoid it in the future if the title indicates that it's more x-box propaganda rather than actually informative news about the X-box.
Old 11-02-01, 03:28 PM
Retired

Nintendo also needs better 3rd party support to beef up their lineup.

Just caught that statement, had to refute it as it is simply ignorant.

The fact is that most 3rd party games are getting ported across the board. Sony has Square as an exclusive, and Gamecube has Resident Evil, and Rare though they are technically a second party developer. The X-Box has no killer third party exclusives yet. Jet Grind and Shenmue (I liked both, but thought they were over-rated) were niche titles, not system sellers like Square and RE.
Old 11-02-01, 03:37 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Just caught that statement, had to refute it as it is simply ignorant.

The fact is that most 3rd party games are getting ported across the board. Sony has Square as an exclusive, and Gamecube has Resident Evil, and Rare though they are technically a second party developer. The X-Box has no killer third party exclusives yet. Jet Grind and Shenmue (I liked both, but thought they were over-rated) were niche titles, not system sellers like Square and RE.
Ummm, have you ever heard of context? Read what I wrote previous to that statement. I am reffering to the LAUNCH LINEUP. Where is the 3rd party support in the launch lineup?

Where is a Resident Evil game in the launch lineup? Where are all the ports you speak of in the launch lineup?

Seems like you are grasping at straws to me.

As for the XBox 3rd party support, you can clearly see a greater emphasis on in the XBox launch lineup.
Old 11-02-01, 03:46 PM
Retired

If you talking about the launch games, my point still holds. There are no killer third party games for X-box (or GC) that will make anyone by either system. They are either ports already out on other systems, or mediocre games. I was simply eloborating that Sony and Nintendo have some killer third party exclusives coming out in the future in Square and RE, and the X-box has none yet. And by killer I'm talking about big time selling, appeal to joe six pack casual gamer, type series, not using my personal opinion of what games will be good.

The fact of the matter is that the number of games at launch is irrelevent as long as there are a few killer games. The average person only buys one game at launch, and hard core gamers will probably get 2-4. Not very many people have the money to buy more games than that at once, and the people that have that kind of money will probably by both systems anyway. At any rate what I'm saying is the launch lineups are pretty much equal, both systems have pretty much the same number of killer, system seller, type games that will satisfy people until more come out in Dec. and early 2002. The X-box just has more ports and mediocre third party games.
Old 11-02-01, 04:27 PM

If you talking about the launch games, my point still holds. There are no killer third party games for X-box (or GC) that will make anyone by either system. They are either ports already out on other systems, or mediocre games.
Personally, I, as well as others are excited about the launch games for XBOX, and the others that will follow. I don't care that they are ports, I don't care about the lack of 3rd party support, I don't care about your supposed lack of killer titles - but I do like what I see w/ XBOX launch games or titles, and that's all that matters. Besides, what do you care anyway? Do you feel threatened by XBOX? Why don't you just preorder a GC and be happy, and quit jumping into every thread that has the name "XBOX" in the title.

The average person only buys one game at launch, and hard core gamers will probably get 2-4. Not very many people have the money to buy more games than that at once...
With our bad economy, all of the console makers and game developers will have a less than stellar year sales-wise. And why do you care so much who buys what? Again, just buy your GC and be happy.

The X-box just has more ports and mediocre third party games.
Again, that's your opinion. You don't speak for everyone. I'm excited about the XB launch titles. Just buy your GC and be happy.
Old 11-02-01, 04:33 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by spacecowboy1
Just buy your GC and be happy.
LOL! I think that will be my response to everything Josh says from now on.
Old 11-02-01, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
If you talking about the launch games, my point still holds. There are no killer third party games for X-box (or GC) that will make anyone by either system.
Your point doesn't hold. I found the original post to be newsworthy... I knew there would be more Xbox games at launch, but I didn't know how many more. It's an informative post and it had no xbox slant... saying the xbox has 3 times as many games as the gamecube is the plain and simple truth. You're the one going on about how nobody likes the games xbox has lined up... I for one think that the Xbox has quite a few killer third party games in their launch lineup that will make me *buy* the Xbox.

I mean - the Xbox supporters seem to be a mostly quiet bunch - probably due to the larger number of Gamecube supporters on this board - while the Gamecube supporters seem to always be crying out that Xbox sucks every chance they get... not that there hasn't been some of that going on about Gamecube, but it's quite unbalanced. Perhaps the statement that the Gamecube is geared towards "kiddies" is true because the Gamecube supporters on this board seem to be a bunch of babies. Waaaaahhhhhh.

I mean - if you were really trying to be impartial - you would've just come in here to say "Here's the games I'm interested in and most of them appear to be Gamecube games..." and left it at that. You have to come in and attack Flay for stating a fact.
Old 11-02-01, 07:32 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Trigger

Your point doesn't hold. I found the original post to be newsworthy... I knew there would be more Xbox games at launch, but I didn't know how many more. It's an informative post and it had no xbox slant... saying the xbox has 3 times as many games as the gamecube is the plain and simple truth. You're the one going on about how nobody likes the games xbox has lined up... I for one think that the Xbox has quite a few killer third party games in their launch lineup that will make me *buy* the Xbox.
Of course you'd find it newsworthy. You've stated numerously in the past that your mainly into PC games. However this isn't newsworthy to anyone who stays remotely informed on console games. My point is that the good third party games are mainly on all three systems. Not manyh people are going to buy a GC for it's third party launch games, or a X-box for its, unless their uniformed or stupid. For example, Who's going to say, "I'm getting an X-box (or Gamecube) because it has Madden 2002." That would be idiotic since Madden is on all 3 systems. People with half a brain in their heads are going to look and see what one system has, and the other doesn't. In other words it's going to be stuff like Halo, Oddworld, Gotham Racing vs. stuff like Rogue Leader, Wave Race, Monkey Ball etc. that will determine which system people buy. That was the point I was trying to make about the third party games not mattering in much in helping people decide to buy one console or the other.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I mean - the Xbox supporters seem to be a mostly quiet bunch - probably due to the larger number of Gamecube supporters on this board - while the Gamecube supporters seem to always be crying out that Xbox sucks every chance they get... not that there hasn't been some of that going on about Gamecube, but it's quite unbalanced. Perhaps the statement that the Gamecube is geared towards "kiddies" is true because the Gamecube supporters on this board seem to be a bunch of babies. Waaaaahhhhhh.
Wow, a personal attack "hidden" by a Now who's being childish?

The X-box supporters are quiet--except for Flay. And I don't see any GC supporters starting threads saying "The GC has this and the X-box doesn't" or "The GC has this many x of this than the X-box." The pro-GC stuff has pretty much been limited to the system debate threads, and threads like this where it has to be brought up to dispute something. In this case the clearly implied idea that the X-box launch line-up is better simply because it is bigger.

I mean - if you were really trying to be impartial - you would've just come in here to say "Here's the games I'm interested in and most of them appear to be Gamecube games..." and left it at that. You have to come in and attack Flay for stating a fact.
I attacked him for the way he stated it. He was clearly trying to imply that the X-boxes launch line-up is better simply because it is bigger. I wasn't the only one that took it that way, as others have said it directly and another took the time to point out that he thought most of the games were nothing special by going through the whole list.

The fact is that system bickering should be left in the system debate threads. We don't need supporters of either system starting threads like this, just to show how one system is better than the other. He could have simply listed the X-box launch line-up. People are intelligent enough to figure out on their own that it is three times bigger than the Gamecube's. But he had to point it out just to promote his views on the X-box.

At any rate, I'm not going to bother with this argument anymore. I already quit arguing with Flay a couple posts back, so now I'll quit arguing with you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.