TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Pepsi, Where's My Jet? (Netflix) -- docuseries -- premieres 11/17/22

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-22, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
Re: Pepsi, Where's My Jet? (Netflix) -- docuseries -- premieres 11/17/22

Originally Posted by stingermck
Could have easily been an hour long and still made the point, but it was a fun watch.
At well over two hours running time in total, this was very much padded out with a lot of stuff that was completely irrelevant to the point. Could easily have just been a 100 minute feature. I was entertained but also did a good bit of fast-forwarding.

Leonard made a completely insane decision by not countering Pepsi's cash pay out offer, and settling this when it got started. If he had gotten them up to 1.5 million, he could have paid his investors back with a decent profit and still had a $750K to a million for himself AFTER taxes.

And what's with the Pepsi/Coke challenge? Is there an adult over 40 in America who can't immediately taste the difference between regular Pepsi and classic Coke?
Old 11-21-22, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

^ I thought that was weird too. I would immediately know which is which. I'm one of those weirdos who likes both, but gun to my head I'd choose Coke
Old 11-22-22, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

I remember the story. Here I always thought this was actually some 12 -14 year old average kid who spent his summer putting this together ... It wasn't. It was a 20-year old silver-spoon man. All I could think through the first episode was "young kid (pejorative term since I am old) with a rich aging-hippie investor with too much time on their hands and rich people problems." Affable enough guys that I would love to have a beer with, but not sympathetic in the least.

The "calculations" stuff was so overblown and over-dramatized. It is, like, a 15 minute math problem at best.

I'm in episode 2 ... rich people pissing contest. The kid thinks he put in all this "hard work" by asking his rich friend for a check. The aging-hippie just wants to be a jack ass. Like I said, affable but not really likeable.

I do not understand how Pepsi sued him.

Last edited by Abob Teff; 11-22-22 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-27-22, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

Finally finished it. As others stated this was very anticlimactic. When he turned down the Pepsi offer, I figured he was fucked. In my mind accepting that offer was basically admitting you knew they fucked up and just wanted a big payout. That being said he definitely should have countered and gotten something.
I hate big corporations as much as the next guy, but come on. This was obviously not a real offer.
I’ve also been a Pepsi man all my life. Who the fuck can’t tell a difference?