TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lego Masters

Old 07-07-21, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Lego Masters

Originally Posted by chowderhead View Post
Really nice builds this episode, the floating brick challenge. I thought the whale and squid was amazing and should have won but there were lots of very solid builds like the bee and farmer one and the turtle one and with the gnome one.
It felt to me like they didn't want the Golden Lego to go to the same team twice as there's no way that the whale and squid wasn't miles better than Dick-Nose the Gnome.
Old 07-07-21, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 113 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by mugwump View Post
It felt to me like they didn't want the Golden Lego to go to the same team twice as there's no way that the whale and squid wasn't miles better than Dick-Nose the Gnome.
I thought the same, -as I was waiting for the decision I felt that they would spread out the glory rather than make them the favorite. I would say I can see the "whale team" winning in the end, but with this show....
Old 07-07-21, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

We love this show as some nice Summer filler but it feels like it has more potential and something is holding it back. I can't put my finger on it - not sure if it's the builders or how they edit the builds. I feel like it's literally a true master builder (the Asian brothers) or someone who has no chance (like the older biker brother & sister --- which was odd because I thought they were married lol). Regardless, I wish this had just a bit more "oomph".
Old 07-07-21, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Agree. I hated the gnome thing.
Old 07-07-21, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 113 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
We love this show as some nice Summer filler but it feels like it has more potential and something is holding it back. I can't put my finger on it - not sure if it's the builders or how they edit the builds. I feel like it's literally a true master builder (the Asian brothers) or someone who has no chance (like the older biker brother & sister --- which was odd because I thought they were married lol). Regardless, I wish this had just a bit more "oomph".
It feels like they're not sure how "Lego" to make it for a broad audience, -or perhaps it's the network that's unsure.

Last edited by DWilson; 07-09-21 at 06:20 AM.
Old 07-08-21, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 403 Likes on 290 Posts

Yeah, my daughter called that one. I was certain the whale/squid would win, no contest. She on the other hand said they wouldn't give the golden brick back to the same team and change it up. She nailed it.

Overall this episode was better but it's clear there are some teams that really don't belong there this season.
Old 07-21-21, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Stop yer yammering! It’s freakin’ Lego!!!

I’m in love with Lauren btw.
Old 07-21-21, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 441 Likes on 282 Posts

The wrecking ball truck getting to wait an 30 extra seconds before entering the demolition derby and then immediately yeeting straight off a cliff is the funniest thing Iíve seen this week.
Old 07-21-21, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
The wrecking ball truck getting to wait an 30 extra seconds before entering the demolition derby and then immediately yeeting straight off a cliff is the funniest thing I’ve seen this week.
Well, at least they went out with a bang.