Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Holey Moley -- Yup, it’s definitely Summer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-21, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts
Re: Holey Moley -- Yup, it’s definitely Summer

I think over the past 5-6 weeks there have only been two new episodes that aired, thank goodness for the record all airings options on DVRs, right? The show is fun to watch but yes, I wish there were more new episodes one after the other. At least as DWilson reminds me, we are getting another season, yay!
Old 09-21-21, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

My dvr records it and I watch it whenever I get a chance.
Old 09-29-21, 04:22 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

That last hole in the finale was epic.
Old 09-29-21, 04:49 PM

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

I really enjoyed the mega hole finale so much more then last year’s finale waiting on some one to get a hole in one.

Old 09-29-21, 06:32 PM

Yes, I forgot to comment in this thread, not only was the final hole awesome, because it was neat to see several holes stitched together, but the Rugby lady who won the final prize was also a deserving winner. It was a very fun final episode. I also like that Rob and Joe are also coming back as hosts and they do not seem any worse the wear for having hosted the show several seasons in a row. As it has been said by me and others in this thread before, this really is the perfect summer show. Fun contestants, fun hosts, and fun to watch golf holes, just a pleasure to watch.
Old 03-16-22, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

It's been announced that Season Four, -already filmed, -will have a heavy "Muppet" component.
Old 03-16-22, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show is such an odd tv anomaly.

Old 03-16-22, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

Like actual Muppets or just more people wearing gopher suits?
Old 03-17-22, 12:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by whotony
This show is such an odd tv anomaly.
Because it’s a game show that’s actually funny? It accomplishes what Whipeout wanted to do but is so much better.
Old 03-17-22, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah it’s actually funny.

The old Wipeout was great. New one is brutal
Old 03-17-22, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Like actual Muppets or just more people wearing gopher suits?
Apparently, the actual Muppets. Remember, this is ABC, and Disney loves brand integration.

According to Variety:
The series, which is produced by Unanimous Media and Eureka Productions, will feature characters from “The Muppets” as guest commentators this season, alongside established commentator duo Rob Riggle and Joe Tessitore.
Old 05-04-22, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Season 4 premiered last night. You can watch it on Hulu on or demand if you missed it.
Old 05-05-22, 12:18 PM

So glad I had already set a season pass on my Xfinity streaming box, because the premiere was indeed a fun watch. Once again, there were some incredible putts. I also liked the good sportsmanship of the dude who hugged the woman who beat him to go to the next round. Adding the Muppets did not detract from how fun and zany this show is.
Old 05-05-22, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

The Muppets were okay. The commentary itself wasn't quite the show's best stuff this first episode.
Old 05-06-22, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope they keep the Muppets separate like they did in episode 1. I don't want them leeching screen time from Joe/Ron, whom are by far the reason to watch the show.
Old 05-06-22, 12:46 PM
Banned

This episode had a different feel than the others, almost as if they were trying to make it more “kid friendly” by including the muppets. No double entendres from Riggle and no shots of Joe Tessitore cracking up right after.
Old 05-06-22, 03:31 PM

Agreed Eric, still a good show, and I could have sworn that there was some bits where they showed Tessitore cracking up, but we all knew that when they out of nowhere added The Muppets to the show that it was going to become the same show as it was before, but different, if that made sense. Lol!
Old 05-06-22, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Honestly, I'm getting burned out on this show. the back and forth between the hosts feels more scripted and corny, and they keep recycling holes that we've seen before.

That volcano thing where they zipline and have to grab the pole ... WTF does the zipline stop so far away from the pole? seems completely unreasonable
Old 05-10-22, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
That volcano thing where they zipline and have to grab the pole ... WTF does the zipline stop so far away from the pole? seems completely unreasonable
I bet legal told them the original design was way too dangerous and it was only a matter of time until it would cost ABC in a nasty lawsuit when someone shatters their spine or something.
Old 05-10-22, 12:32 PM

Interesting that you bring up Polecano, they might just need to get rid of/redesign that hole because as is, it is no longer the fun course hole we would go whoa that was crazy and had to hurt when folks would try to wrap their arms around the pole and would usually spin a few times before being flung off the pole like a rag doll into the foam cushioning bits or water. It made for great TV, but yeah....perhaps they changed it so it is much easier for someone to hold on to the zip line, and if they do not let go at the pole, the zip line backs up and lets them try again, but it really is no longer the hole we all used to love watching replays of folks spinning around getting some pretty good hang time in the air as they plummet back to earth.

I wonder how often it was edited out of a scene of a contestant losing their cookies after they hit the pole and spin off it, which has to throw your stomach for a bit of a loop.

Any course obstacle, such as the outhouse doors slamming into you on Hole #2, has the potential to be brutal, but the super fast spinning off the pole in Polecano was the one that usually had the potential to really knock you for a loop. Will not be surprised if they fess up that Polecano is removed from the course in other seasons because too many folks were on the verge of getting badly hurt on this particular course hole. Again, great TV, but some of the other obstacles the contestants deal with are brutal too, even though the windmills are made out of foam, they still clearly can provide enough momentum to lift someone in the air and slam them into the foam pit or water. But a windmill pushing you into a pit/water is way different than spinning around like a whirling dervish and flying off the pole, ouch.

ETA: Kudos to the guy who was able to hold onto Polecano and not fall into the water in this weeks episode, but the other contestant kind-of did the spin around the pole before being flung into the drink thing. This hole really is entertaining to watch on TV but I continue to be amazed that such an obstacle exists. However, yes, seeing folks quickly spin around a pole and fly off into the water is always worth a chuckle or two. After watching this weeks episode, I have to wonder if they actually did change the speed of the zip line, because at least one contestant as noted seemed to quickly spin around the pole and end up in the drink.

Last edited by Inhumans99; 05-11-22 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-12-22, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They missed out on a great opportunity to bring in Seth as the "fake Steph" in this past episode.
Old 05-12-22, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I like the more adult version of this show than what we're getting now. And I get they want 'wacky' contestants... but this mess? Aside from cute girls, there is really nobody to root for because they're all colossal douchebags.
Old 05-12-22, 10:29 AM

Yes, there have been some changes to the show, but as a fan of the show from the very first episode in Season 1, what is it about past seasons that you felt were more adult about the show than it is now?

I have seen folks exercise grace/nice sportsmanship after losing (usually when a contestant nails a putt no one thought they could make), and the contestants seem to be as quirky as past contestants.

The guy who emulated Rob's clothing was funny (and actually good at the game), and some of those ladies (who I agree are photogenic) actually have skills and are not just pretty faces to put in front of the camera. The Muppet stuff that led to the fake Steph bit, yeah...I can do with less of that, but it was a relatively brief part of the episode.

Other than the Muppet stuff, and maybe Rob being given less air time which takes away from some of the humor he brought to the show, the show is fundamentally what it has been all along, a showcase for amateur/semi-pro/pro mini-golf/golf players to have fun on a larger than life mini golf course. It is still neat to see folks of all ages impress on the course.
Old 05-14-22, 04:16 PM
Banned

The contestant who couldn’t bring herself to read the line, “I’m not afraid to get wet”.
Old 05-18-22, 06:26 PM

Riggle: I am going to go vomit out my butt.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.