Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gotham (S5E12) -- Series Finale -- "The Beginning..." -- 4/25/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-19, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Gotham (S5E12) -- Series Finale -- "The Beginning..." -- 4/25/19

It was definitely in the air. DC Streaming was also strongly considering that weird Metropolis series described as Lois and Lex Luthor do the X-Files.
Old 05-05-19, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I was okay with the finale - the series was all about the villains anyway, the last minute Batman reveal wasn't a problem for me. The series was often enjoyable but other times I found myself tuning out during its long seasons. Overall, I think the show was a success, highly uneven but fun nonetheless. Kudos to many of the actors playing tbe outrageous villians.
Old 05-08-19, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Needed another hour season or two, went by too fast.
Fixed that for ya

I'll miss it. I've greatly enjoyed the ride. Galavan was the weak point for me, but it was satisfying when they blew him the hell up with that RPG.

I would have liked to have seen Bruce gone for a season or so, maybe cutting back and forth between rebuilding Gotham and showing his adventures and training in the far east, Then do the big time jump to Year One.

As for DC protecting the character, let them have a few clunker Batman movies like they did in the 90's (as if the last two movies that featured him were rousing successes) and see how long it takes to get a Batman TV show.

Oh well, I'm sure the preachy Batwoman series coming soon on the CW will be just as good. Heh.
Old 12-11-20, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

finally finished season 5. This episode could have had some more batman but it wasn't bad
overall thoughts on the series is that it was just so damn weird to have pretty much batman's entire rogues gallery not just present in Gotham for over a decade before batman but many of them directly interacted with teenager Bruce
and the whole idea that the military would just level a US city to rubble was a bit much.
Old 12-11-20, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
and the whole idea that the military would just level a US city to rubble was a bit much.
That's an element that comes from an arc in the Comics and was also a part of "The Dark Knight Rises" and I've never entirely bought it in any of them.
Old 12-12-20, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

That entire arc was even harder to believe in the comics with heroes like Superman and Wonder Woman around. They had to handwave away the hundreds of heroes somehow ignoring the problems happening in Gotham.