Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 9/25/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 9/25/18

Old 10-12-18, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 9/25/18

Seann William Scott has actually been a pretty good addition.

It's too bad that his co-star is such a train wreck off camera.

I liked this week's episode with Roger butting heads with Trish's Dad. Nice to see Shaft himself Richard Roundtree guest star this week.

and they did attempt to humanize Cole this week dealing with his daughter and not being very knowledgeable how to do it. It was ridiculous though when his daughter walked out of the car and interfered with that standoff and then the dude falls and just happens to land on a car with a mattress on top. Yeah that was an eye rolling moment.
Old 10-12-18, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

SWS has been pretty good so far. I find it interesting noticing the gun handling skills of Cole which seem to be very TV cop vs Riggs who was clearly Special Forces trained. I wonder if this was an active choice by production or simply how each actor decided to carry the guns.
Old 10-12-18, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

FOX orders 2 more episodes (Wayans will continue to be in the show): https://deadline.com/2018/10/damon-w...ox-1202480718/

Apparently Wayans has a change of heart as they are adjusting the shooting schedule around him.
Old 10-12-18, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As many speculated immediately after Wayans’ statement was made public, it is believed too have stemmed from physical and mental exhaustion. (Wayans had been going through a difficult time personally, with both his daughter and mother undergoing surgeries in the days before his announcement that he could not be present for because of his obligations to Lethal Weapon.)
I'm sympathetic to that. But announcing he's not coming back like he did wasn't good judgment. Hopefully everyone can just concentrate on coming in, doing the work, and going home, now.
Old 10-12-18, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Apparently Wayans has a change of heart as they are adjusting the shooting schedule around him.
well that or Wayan's lawyer explained to him exactly what the costs would be to break a contract.
To the shows credit, I'm not seeing the issues on screen. If one did not bother to fallow hollywood news it seems like the show is doing fine. I even like the lighter pace of the Seann William Scott story lines.
Old 10-13-18, 09:56 AM

The amount of trouble they are going through to keep this on is bizarre.
Old 10-15-18, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
https://tvline.com/2018/10/03/lethal...-fox-murtaugh/

Wow, more drama. Damon Wayans will quit after the 13 episode order wraps.
what an asshole.

my wife liked Clayne Crawford. She doesn't care too much for SWS.
Old 10-31-18, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Anyone watch the episode from last night? Damon Wayans' acting was weird. Not like he was phoning it in, but he was very subdued and the volume of his voice seemed lower than usual in some of the scenes. Wonder if this was around the time he started to decide he didn't want to be on the show anymore.

Last edited by Deftones; 10-31-18 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-10-19, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This week's ep was kinda cool. Loved the homage to "Rear Window" and Cole's mistaking the occupation of the Senator.

The best part of the show was the end... the bonus footage of their "interrogation" was hilarious.
Old 01-10-19, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah, I enjoyed it. Seems like they are going way too far out of their way to separate Cole/Murtaugh, though. They are partners, yet they are never together.
Old 01-16-19, 02:50 PM

You all better be making a season 4... if Waynes wants to leave let him try to continue the searies stop taking the safest roads man. Stop cancelling good shows. Fox you are know for this... and to be honest you guys suck for it. Stop it and just try it. Make a season 4
Old 01-16-19, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dilligafpab View Post
You all better be making a season 4... if Waynes wants to leave let him try to continue the searies stop taking the safest roads man. Stop cancelling good shows. Fox you are know for this... and to be honest you guys suck for it. Stop it and just try it. Make a season 4
Yes, we all of DVDTalk will make season 4.
Old 01-17-19, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Not coming back. Both Warners and FOX want to wash their hands of Mr. Wayans' antics. It's a shame, since by all accounts the rest of the cast and crew are wonderful people. We'll never know what could have been had they decided to keep Clayne Crawford and ditch Wayans, but I'm guessing it might have stuck around long-term. But that's water under the bridge now.
Old 01-17-19, 08:23 AM

Good news! I just heard DJariya green lit a new season and their bringing in dex14 as the new showrunner. Giantrobo will be replacing Wayans.