Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Rebels (Disney XD) -- Fourth & Final Season Thread -- premieres 10/16/17

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: Rebels (Disney XD) -- Fourth & Final Season Thread -- premieres 10/16/17

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-18, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Rebels (Disney XD) -- Fourth & Final Season Thread -- premieres 10/16/

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Now we just have to see what happens to Ezra.
Yep. I reallymdon't know what they'll do with him. Since he's a sort of Jedi trainee, I don't think they can fold him into the Rebellion with Luke without creating continuity issues. Hera's already been put in Luke, Han, and Leia's group, and if Ezra was still around he'd probably stick with Hera.

Looks like he'll either be killed off, stay on Lothal, or give up Jedi-ing.

And there's also Zeb, Sabine, and Kallus unaccounted for, post-Rebels.

Hera's also appearing in Doctor Aphra's current storyline.

Old 02-22-18, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Star Wars: Rebels (Disney XD) -- Fourth & Final Season Thread -- premieres 10/16/

I've had Kanen and Luke's death spoiled by this thread in the last 3 days
Old 02-22-18, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

No one to blame but yourself.
Old 02-22-18, 05:02 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

^ this.
Old 02-27-18, 05:10 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Wow, last night’s second episode was possibly the best (and likely most controversial) of the entire series.
Old 02-27-18, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Just what SW needed!
Old 02-27-18, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not sure how I feel about "Wolves and a Door" and "A World Between Worlds."

That was a little more esoteric than I would expect from Star Wars.
Old 02-27-18, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

“Through the force, things you will see, other places, the future, the past, old friends long gone,”
Old 02-27-18, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtv00
“Through the force, things you will see, other places, the future, the past, old friends long gone,”
...and if you wish, you can pull them through a door!
Old 02-28-18, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
...and if you wish, you can pull them through a door!
Yeah, I'm not entirely comfortable with them introducing what amounts to time travel into the Star Wars universe.

The Jedi Temple really reminded me of the Guardian of Forever from Star Trek.

Actually, it was even a lot closer to the description of the Guardian in Harlan Ellison's "City of the Edge of Forever" script than the big rock in the Star Trek episode was. If Ellison saw it, he'd probably be dialing up his lawyers on his rotary phone before the credits rolled.
Old 03-01-18, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cleaver
I've had Kanen and Luke's death spoiled by this thread in the last 3 days
Same

No one to blame but yourself.

Come on, The Kanan spoiler was posted before the episode even aired. And posting SW movie spoilers in this thread is akin to posting Infinity War movie spoilers in a thread about Spiderman the animated series.
Old 03-01-18, 08:50 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

if you're talking about my post, it was not a spoiler but a complete guess on my part. I just assumed he'd die sometime within the last few episodes... I had no idea it would've been the very next episode.
Old 03-02-18, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gee I don't know maybe stay out of a thread if you haven't seen it. Cracks me up when people bitch about it. The movies been what 3 MONTHS now , give us a break dude.

And no Kanan's death wasn't spoiled as was just pointed out to you.
Old 03-05-18, 07:41 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Series finale is tonight. One episode at 8:30pm and then a two-parter from 9pm-10pm.
Old 03-05-18, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Gee I don't know maybe stay out of a thread if you haven't seen it. Cracks me up when people bitch about it. The movies been what 3 MONTHS now , give us a break dude.

And no Kanan's death wasn't spoiled as was just pointed out to you.
To be fair, this is a prequel series and it should be reasonable to not expect spoilers on the movies. On the other hand, it's such a big movie that I'd be surprised if someone sheltered themselves from such news, but man if so that's a killer of a spoiler.

I couldn't catch up with the whole season and a half that I'm behind on, but I did catch up on the last few episodes, so I'm ready for the finale. But even characters like Thrawn are unaccounted for in the cinematic universe (since they wiped out the Extended stuff) so I wonder if his storyline will wrap up as well. And then the time travel to save Ahsoka opens up her can of worms again as well.
Old 03-05-18, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea I agree but such a big movie and its 3 months later after its release. You get it spoiled it's your own fault, period.

It's 3 months later for the biggest movie of the year. You didn't care about it in the first place if you haven't seen it , it being spoiled for them doesn't really matter. I NEVER go to the theater but you can bet your ass I was there first showing of it. There really is no excuse 3 months later.

And thinking about it . it's related to Luke's death. For me here's Episode 9. Ahsoka Tano pulls Luke out of that moment and saves him and he comes back in 9 saves them all. It's not even what Mark has said that he doesn't believe Luke is dead that he just vanished to some place else. Well thanks to this new story line that's exactly what happens to me. And maybe I won't even go see 9 so that's the way it ends.

Last edited by hdtv00; 03-05-18 at 09:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
story (08-05-21)
Old 03-05-18, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Yea I agree but such a big movie and its 3 months later after its release. You get it spoiled it's your own fault, period.

It's 3 months later for the biggest movie of the year. You didn't care about it in the first place if you haven't seen it , it being spoiled for them doesn't really matter. I NEVER go to the theater but you can bet your ass I was there first showing of it. There really is no excuse 3 months later.

And thinking about it . it's related to Luke's death. For me here's Episode 9. Ahsoka Tano pulls Luke out of that moment and saves him and he comes back in 9 saves them all. It's not even what Mark has said that he doesn't believe Luke is dead that he just vanished to some place else. Well thanks to this new story line that's exactly what happens to me. And maybe I won't even go see 9 so that's the way it ends.
But Luke didn't really need saving. Plus wow would there be outrage if time travel made it to the major films, or even if they extend this in the cartoons. Why not save Obi Wan in ANH, or Qui Gon? And where the heck were Ahsoka and Ezra all this time?

And why does Ahch To's Jedi Temple suck compared to the other ones?
Old 03-05-18, 10:49 PM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Wow, that was pretty damn epic. I wish Disney would just give Filoni his own live action trilogy to write.
Old 03-06-18, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like confirmed that the guy with the white beard on Endor was Rex.

A little disappointed that Ezra and Thrawn recevied ambiguous fates. It's implied that Ezra is still alive, so Thrawn probably is, too. Looks like they might bring Thrawn back, post-ROTJ. Possible he might play a role in establishing the First Order?

I was expecting a few more casualities for the Rebels, but everyone except Ezra was accounted for. Really thought Kallus would bite it.
Old 03-06-18, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea not thrilled how it ended either. But if one day we get Ahsoka looking for him stories or series hell yea would be epic.
Old 03-06-18, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Loved it, thought it was very well done. I agree I figured there would have been more than a clone dying, really thought Zeb was a goner when he went after Rukh and the music got a little somber.
Old 03-06-18, 04:48 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Yea not thrilled how it ended either. But if one day we get Ahsoka looking for him stories or series hell yea would be epic.
Agreed.

I wish the series concluded with the team overlapping with Rogue One.

Filoni confirmed they both survived.

I’m surprised there wasn’t a press release today announcing whatever the next series will be.
Old 03-06-18, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The more I think about it, I really wish that Ezra, Zeb, and Sabine had just stayed behind on Lothal to defend it, while Hera, Rex, and Chopper went off to the join the greater Rebellion, which would have led nicely into the OT, while taking Ezra off of the playing field. I also like the idea of Thrawn being out there fighting and scheming against the Rebellion during the OT.
Old 03-06-18, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Will there ever be a Blu-Ray collection of all of the episodes?
Old 03-06-18, 08:16 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed it, and loved the Rex tie in with ROTJ.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.