Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/26/17

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-17, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/26/17

TROUBLE IN PARADISE ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON PREMIERE EPISODE OF "LETHAL WEAPON" TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, ON FOX

Murtaugh follows Riggs down to Mexico, where he plans to avenge his wife's death and finish off Tito Flores (guest star Danny Mora) once and for all. Once back in the States, they have a few people to answer to during the ongoing investigation around Flores, including Murtaugh's family. Meanwhile, Avery is questioned by Internal Affairs about the integrity of his department in the all-new "El Gringo Loco" Season Two premiere episode of LETHAL WEAPON airing Tuesday, Sept. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (LET-201) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Damon Wayans, Sr. as Roger Murtaugh, Clayne Crawford as Martin Riggs, Kevin Rahm as Capt. Brooks Avery, Jordana Brewster as Dr. Maureen "Mo" Cahill, Keesha Sharp as Trish Murtaugh, Johnathan Fernandez as Scorsese, Michelle Mitchenor as Detective Bailey, Dante Brown as Roger Murtaugh Jr., Chandler Kinney as Riana Murtaugh

Guest Cast: Eric Ladin as Gordon Barnes, Katie Walder as Denise Barnes, Manuel Uriza as Raul Mendez, Beth Littleford as Internal Affairs Agent, Monty Jenkins as George Sharperson, Danny Mora as Tito Flores

22 episode 2nd season

Probably the biggest surprise last season. I don't think anyone thought this was going to be good. An actual good reboot.

I'm looking forward to season 2. Hopefully they can keep it up.
Old 09-26-17, 05:18 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Re: Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/26/17

I don't think they should've done 22 episodes.
Old 09-26-17, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I don't think they should've done 22 episodes.
I agree. I think 18 would have been nice.

Regardless, I agree this was a surprise hit last year. I figured this was one and done for me, and would be canned after 4 or so episodes due to low ratings. Became one of my favorites that I looked forward to each week.

Should be a fun season with the kids. Isn't one off to college?
Old 09-26-17, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I was hoping they would add a love interest to the cast for Riggs. I liked Hilarie Burton's appearances in season one as that DEA agent. The cast dynamic is pretty good but they hammered Riggs' pining for his dead wife into the ground beyond the point of entertaining.

In a bit of a surprise, Lethal Weapon did receive a regular Blu-ray release. Though strangely it doesn't include a UV copy for some reason.

http://doblu.com/2017/09/22/lethal-w...lu-ray-review/
Old 09-26-17, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I was hoping they would add a love interest to the cast for Riggs. I liked Hilarie Burton's appearances in season one as that DEA agent. The cast dynamic is pretty good but they hammered Riggs' pining for his dead wife into the ground beyond the point of entertaining.

In a bit of a surprise, Lethal Weapon did receive a regular Blu-ray release. Though strangely it doesn't include a UV copy for some reason.

http://doblu.com/2017/09/22/lethal-w...lu-ray-review/
Hilarie Burton recently announced that she's pregnant with her second child. Doubtful her character returns in season 2.
Old 09-26-17, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Ok premiere but nothing special. Getting back to the case of the week will help the show.
Old 09-27-17, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Roger....Riggs, I love you man

I also when Roger got his finger severed.

Fun return back. I enjoyed their adventures in Mexico. Some good action in this episode. But, I am glad this arc with the Cartel and Riggs moping over Miranda is most likely over. The cases of the week for this show are fun, so I'm looking forward to it returning to that format.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-27-17 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-27-17, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like that could have been the finale for last season...maybe if they didn't get renewed, so it would wrap up the season story.
Old 10-04-17, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Well, to my surprise, glad to see Palmer/Hilarie Burton back. And looks like she's back next week too.

This episode was shot in late Summer, so obviously Burton didn't have any baby bump yet. Her stomach was still flat at a board. Palmer is only a recurring character, so she could feasibly miss a few months of episodes during her pregnancy.

Palmer and Riggs interactions in this episode felt kind of off at 1st. I felt like I was missing something.

The case of the week was really nothing special. Roger freaking out about the new boss lady felt kind of childish.
Old 10-05-17, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope they don't kill her off to create a replacement for Rigg's wife..
Old 10-05-17, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk God

That was a much more fun episode than the premiere.
Old 10-05-17, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

This show must pay out very lucrative guest appearance fees. This episode had Brooke Nevin and Thomas Lennon appeared last season, not to mention Hilarie Burton appearing in several episodes. None of them come cheap in guest shots.
Old 10-07-17, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
Well, to my surprise, glad to see Palmer/Hilarie Burton back. And looks like she's back next week too.

This episode was shot in late Summer, so obviously Burton didn't have any baby bump yet. Her stomach was still flat at a board. Palmer is only a recurring character, so she could feasibly miss a few months of episodes during her pregnancy.

Palmer and Riggs interactions in this episode felt kind of off at 1st. I felt like I was missing something.

The case of the week was really nothing special. Roger freaking out about the new boss lady felt kind of childish.
Agree re Roger. I think the confrontation with the lady should have been cut, because it was just weird and wouldn’t happen in real life. The discussion with Riggs on the other hand, and the “finger linger” was comedic gold.

I also agree this episode was better than the premier.

I really like Riggs and Palmer together, but don’t want to have them played out too soon. I’d be okay if she’s gone for a while and just referenced off screen.
Old 10-12-17, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Fun episode this week.

Looks like they wrote out Palmer for the foreseeable future since she has some issues with Riggs commitment to their relationship.

I at the opening crash sequence and the dude in the pool just sat their looking stoned and then stared at his joint amazed after Jojo came out of the car.
Old 10-12-17, 12:08 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Damn... JoJo got really good looking.
Old 10-18-17, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I really hate the female character for the boss, is there some story about the normal captain being written out for some shows or something?
Old 10-18-17, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Quake1028
I really hate the female character for the boss, is there some story about the normal captain being written out for some shows or something?
I liked that they gave her something to do this week, and put her in the field. I think this show is still fantastic, and next week Leo Getz is back. Can't wait!
Old 10-18-17, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I will say this show is growing on me. I had a hard time watching it since this Riggs is so different than Mel Gibson's portrayal that it was hard for me to get past it. But I'm starting to warm up to it more.
Old 10-20-17, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robin2099
I will say this show is growing on me. I had a hard time watching it since this Riggs is so different than Mel Gibson's portrayal that it was hard for me to get past it. But I'm starting to warm up to it more.
Yeah
Old 10-21-17, 05:30 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This show is good in that i no longer compare it to the movies at all

The actors have carved out their own Murtagh and Riggs, different as they may be

most episodes are entertaining enough and have good action

I'll keep watching
Old 10-29-17, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was behind a few episodes and had to play catch-up.

Really bummed Palmer is gone, although I do think she works better every few episodes rather than back to back. I’d guess she’ll be back after Hilary Burton’s pregnancy, but I guess they wrote things so she can stay gone.

Really enjoyed the air heist episode. Three plot lines all dealing with parents and their kids, all really well done. Probably best of the season so far too.

I also think the new poster child of the LAPD is working well. Some nice light hearted comedy that seems reasonable (fins on too early). I think it finally fits better than the other guy they had last year.
Old 10-29-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk God

A turd in a sock was better than that gang banger dude they had last year. He was awful.
Old 10-30-17, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Hilarie Burton best come back.
Old 12-07-17, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Well, not a lot of talk going on about this one lately, but Riggs is hooking up with an childhood friend, Roger just blackmailed someone to get his toddler into an exclusive preschool, and the last episode was about Elvis impersonators planning an armored car heist. All in all, this show is still hitting on all cylinders. We LOVE Molly, Riggs' new squeeze.
Old 12-07-17, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno
Well, not a lot of talk going on about this one lately, but Riggs is hooking up with an childhood friend, Roger just blackmailed someone to get his toddler into an exclusive preschool, and the last episode was about Elvis impersonators planning an armored car heist. All in all, this show is still hitting on all cylinders. We LOVE Molly, Riggs' new squeeze.
See I think they have good chemistry, but think it’s a bit much. Add all his dad issues surfacing on top of Palmer leaving amounts to something falling apart.

I do like how the first 3rd (?) of the season is kind of a Riggs mini season. I hope they’ll be able to do the same throughout, although not sure any of the other characters can carry so many episodes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.