Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman -- Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-18, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
Re: My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman (Netflix) premieres 1/12

Originally Posted by jpcamb
It just absolutely sucks that Obama is no longer our POTUS. He was so articulate, thoughtful, compassionate and relatable not to mention funny.

It just hurts to think what we have now, instead, that much more.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Agreed.
Old 01-18-18, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Re: My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman (Netflix) premieres 1/12

It just absolutely sucks that Obama is no longer our POTUS. He was so articulate, thoughtful, compassionate and relatable not to mention funny.

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Give me a Womenizing/Double Talking Democrat President Clinton anyday over 'Nice Guy' Obama. Clinton left office with a great economy, balanced budget, and no wars. Obama left office with 8 years of stagnant growth, doubled the national debt, and left the Middle East with just as many problems as W Bush.

But maybe we should yearn for one of the nicest Presidents ever in Jimmy Carter who left office with Hostages in Iran, 15% inflation and 20% interest rates!

Probably catch the one after Obama. I have no interest in what he says.
Old 01-19-18, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

This was good. Dave was always a good interviewer. To be honest I didn’t mind that this was light on humor and was basically a straight forward sit down interview. Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 02-08-18, 08:18 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

New episode is up tomorrow, 2/9/18.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8vl82FssW5k" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0uoyHn9vTKY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-08-18, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

Hope this turns out as good as the first show.
Old 02-08-18, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Also looking forward to the next installment. 2020 can't get here soon enough.
Old 02-09-18, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Nothing groundbreaking, but the first episode felt very genuine and authentic. Can’t say that I care to watch the Clooney episode. Just doesn’t interest me.
Old 02-10-18, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this
is sarcasm, okay, but if sincere, yikes. This is exactly why Trump is president. People loved their imperialism, white supremacy, inequality, deportations, delivered by someone who was "articulate". Letterman is the latest in a long list of celebrities who have lost their mind the past couple of years or they have simply have been exposed on not paying attention to the atrocities committed by every president. How many times has Letterman tried to normalize W as some harmless buffoon? Evil didn't start with the host of the Apprentice.
Old 02-10-18, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer
People loved their imperialism, white supremacy, inequality, deportations, delivered by someone who was "articulate". Letterman is the latest in a long list of celebrities who have lost their mind the past couple of years
https://mobile.twitter.com/eshaLegal...34477156945920
Everything you said is wrong especially what I left in your post.
Old 02-10-18, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer
If this
is sarcasm, okay, but if sincere, yikes. This is exactly why Trump is president. People loved their imperialism, white supremacy, inequality, deportations, delivered by someone who was "articulate". Letterman is the latest in a long list of celebrities who have lost their mind the past couple of years or they have simply have been exposed on not paying attention to the atrocities committed by every president. How many times has Letterman tried to normalize W as some harmless buffoon? Evil didn't start with the host of the Apprentice.
https://mobile.twitter.com/eshaLegal...34477156945920

Huh? White supremacy under Obama?
Old 03-09-18, 06:42 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OB_Tq_vNb6E" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d50j1H9pK1c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New episode is up.
Old 03-09-18, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Everything you said is wrong especially what I left in your post.
Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Huh? White supremacy under Obama?
I think you misread or misinterpreted what Phantom was saying. He wasn’t attributing that to Obama. Phantom said the qualities jpcamb listed (“articulate, thoughtful, compassionate and relatable not to mention funny”) as strengths of Obama aren’t viewed the same by all people. Those were the same set of “strengths” that Trump used to appeal to a different base (“People loved their imperialism, white supremacy, inequality, deportations, delivered by someone who was ‘articulate’.”).

Those qualities make a “likable” President to his/her base voters, not necessarily a good one (as jpcamb alluded to). Voting for a candidate just because he/she is likable can be a scary proposition.
Old 03-12-18, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 557 Likes on 408 Posts

That Malala episode was fantastic. I was pretty ambivalent on Letterman before this series came out but these first few episodes have won me over. All wonderful interviews.
Old 03-12-18, 06:54 AM

Damn. I forgot about Jay-Z. I thought the Stern interview was next. That one better live up to the hype after all of the complaining he's done about it.
Old 04-05-18, 09:00 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vOkAfMCp9vQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New episode up tomorrow.
Old 04-05-18, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

So we can kind of figure out how long it takes to produce one of these when the Stern one airs. He did the taping in mid March. I would assume that means his will air at end of April or beginning of May.
Old 04-05-18, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones
So we can kind of figure out how long it takes to produce one of these when the Stern one airs. He did the taping in mid March. I would assume that means his will air at end of April or beginning of May.
It is one per month, so it won't be April. Most likely May 4th or 11th.
Old 04-05-18, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Stern one could also air in June if the Tina Fey one is the May episode.
Old 04-05-18, 12:34 PM

I know Malala filmed in December.
Old 04-05-18, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

This has been a good series. The Malala interview was great. I see she just went back. It would be interesting if he did a quick follow-up with her.
Old 04-06-18, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

The Jay-Z show drops in about an hour. I have loved this series. I always thought during Dave's later years he was at his very best when he had important or interesting guests that he cared about. He is good at this stuff.

That's what this show is. I hope he ups the ante and maybe does one per week for a 3 month season in the future. There are so many great guests out there.

Looking forward to Jigga, Tina Fey & Stern.
Old 04-06-18, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe he’ll do Judd Apatow next season.

Tina Fey is next month.
Old 04-06-18, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
The Jay-Z show drops in about an hour. I have loved this series. I always thought during Dave's later years he was at his very best when he had important or interesting guests that he cared about. He is good at this stuff.

That's what this show is. I hope he ups the ante and maybe does one per week for a 3 month season in the future. There are so many great guests out there.

Looking forward to Jigga, Tina Fey & Stern.
One per week is highly unlikely. He doesn't want to work that much. And filming and putting together the field pieces in between the interview take time.
Old 04-06-18, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I am more interested in these types of talk shows then the fluff piece DayTime/Late Night interviews these days. These types of shows go more indepth as the person getting interviewed kind of lets their guard down and it's more revealing. I honestly can't watch DayTime/Late Night interviews anymore as it's nauseating. They come out (and most of them are pre-screened interviews), they BS for 5 minutes about some dopey story, and then promote their TV show or movie.

I'm interested to see how the Stern interview comes out, as Howard talked about a few weeks ago and I don't think he was happy. He wasn't mad at Dave, he just sad he wasn't happy with some of his answers and he started re-thinking many of them the next day.
Old 04-06-18, 01:57 PM

The Jay interview was good. You could see the respect he had for Dave in the way he asked the question about his affairs and relating it to himself. You know most reporters would ask about that in the most sensational way.

The most interesting stuff is Rick Reuben. I would love to see a whole episode interview with him. And damn was that chick singer hot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.