Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Night Of (HBO 8 episode limited series) S: John Turturro

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-16, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: The Night Of (HBO 8 episode limited series) S: John Turturro

Surely this case doesn't get solved this season, right? They just started doing real investigation work this episode as well as starting the trial. It would be ridiculous for them to drag sparse scenes/dialog, etc across 5 episodes and then solve it in the last 3 episodes. A consistent pacing would make the resolution happen after maybe 15-20 episodes... not 10.

I suspect his feet aren't cured. I think it was just a case of it going away on it's own temporarily and the concoction was just a coincidence in timing.

Pretty sure the step-father is just another red-herring. As already mentioned, last episodes ending being totally ignored is weird.

I found it odd that Stone just now started questioning how a 22 year old unemployed chick would be able to afford such an expensive place.
Old 08-16-16, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I fucking told ya - Nas was already a "gangsta."

Now it's coming up that he was repressed or some shit. Yes, the 30 year old stepfather will come into play but as you have seen - Nas knows his shit and isn't some goody two shoes. He knows what's up. Now that John's excezma has cleared up he's trying to mac all up on that Sri Lankan' poontang, too.
Old 08-16-16, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I found it odd that Stone just now started questioning how a 22 year old unemployed chick would be able to afford such an expensive place.
Or that the prosecution is just checking his Facebook now, when the trial is well underway. Not to mention that Nas' defense should have thought to do the same, a long ass time ago.
Old 08-16-16, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I fucking told ya - Nas was already a "gangsta."
You also told us that the baby-oil inmate wasn't real.
Old 08-16-16, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

This is my guess, which has nothing to do with any info or facts. That being said, I will still put it in spoiler, just in case...

Spoiler:
After this week's episode, does anyone else now think that Paulo is the clear killer at this point? First, why would he sign up for a small role (considering there's only two episodes left)? My guess...his character was in love with the girl, planned on her getting the money, which in turn would me he had money as well. Showed up at her house and saw Nas...etc and went nuts.

This smells of L&O syndrome...see a noticeable actor who isn't the main cast...must be the killer!
Old 08-16-16, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Did they resolve why his Facebook friends were thanking Nas and giving him kudos for "saving" them? I assume he provided adderal or some other pick-me-up drug for his college buddies.
I thought it was the guys he was tutoring - the basketball player and his friend from the first episode. The friend being the one who invited him to the party that kicked off this whole mess. But I'll admit I was paying 100% attention in that scene.
Old 08-16-16, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep.
Old 08-16-16, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I did and am glad I was disproven. Personally, I'm glad I was, because it would have been cliched as fuck if they had gone with the Tyler Durden plot line.
Old 08-16-16, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
This is my guess, which has nothing to do with any info or facts. That being said, I will still put it in spoiler, just in case...

Spoiler:
After this week's episode, does anyone else now think that Paulo is the clear killer at this point? First, why would he sign up for a small role (considering there's only two episodes left)? My guess...his character was in love with the girl, planned on her getting the money, which in turn would me he had money as well. Showed up at her house and saw Nas...etc and went nuts.

This smells of L&O syndrome...see a noticeable actor who isn't the main cast...must be the killer!
Yes. I agree.
Spoiler:
Criminal Minds also taught me this was a crime of passion with this many stab wounds. If it was just the step dad wanting her out of the way for the money, it probably would have been a gun shot or one knife wound and not a slasher movie. The creepy mortician seems too methodical to have done this overkill.
Old 08-16-16, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

^^ Agreed... I just hope they can properly wrap things up in 2 hours.
Old 08-16-16, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Spoiler:

I read your spoiler and even went through the cast list on IMDB and I still have no idea who you are referring to...
Old 08-16-16, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by bralph
I read your spoiler and even went through the cast list on IMDB and I still have no idea who you are referring to...
Spoiler:
The step-dad --- Paul
Old 08-16-16, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
Spoiler:
The step-dad --- Paul
No, that's not who I meant.

Spoiler:
Paulo is the actor who plays the money manager(?) introduced last episode. Also played a main character on Royal Pains, which just ended its run along with quite a few others. Hence, the Law & Order syndrome...I don't see him signing up to act a small part in at most 3 episodes. Plus, the story seems perfectly plausible if he wanted to end up with her.
Old 08-16-16, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Spoiler:

Who is that? I see a person named Pauline who is in 4 episodes, that him?
Old 08-16-16, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whotony
Who is that? I see a person named Pauline who is in 4 episodes, that him?
Check my spoiler above your post. In hindsight I probably should have been more specific.
Old 08-16-16, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Paulo Costanzo from Joey, Road Trip and Royal Pains - Last names go a long way to clarifying things.
Old 08-16-16, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Paulo is the actor who plays the money manager(?) introduced last episode. Also played a main character on Royal Pains, which just ended its run along with quite a few others. Hence, the Law & Order syndrome...I don't see him signing up to act a small part in at most 3 episodes. Plus, the story seems perfectly plausible if he wanted to end up with her.
Spoiler:
He's not really a big name or anything, so him doing a small part doesn't seem so out of the ordinary. He may be the killer, but I wouldn't base it on who the actor was and how small his role is. Hell, Fischer Stevens plays a Pharmacist in an extremely small part. It happens from time to time.

Plus wasn't Andrea going through something in the first episode? It felt like she was afraid and/or depressed or something. Does that play a factor in her death at all?
Old 08-16-16, 04:56 PM

Spoiler:
FWIW I don't think educated guesses are spoilers; they're guesses which are expected with who-done-its.
Old 08-16-16, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Nas did it. It's the only way they can wrap things up in 2 hours. We saw the start of the flashbacks this week and they will go on to show Nas killing her...

just a guess.
Old 08-16-16, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Timber
Nas did it. It's the only way they can wrap things up in 2 hours. We saw the start of the flashbacks this week and they will go on to show Nas killing her...

just a guess.

He has all this pent up rage. He was loaded, killed her, and passed out.
Old 08-16-16, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber

just a guess.
Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
He has all this pent up rage. He was loaded, killed her, and passed out.
There is absolutely no poignancy or revelation if the main character committed the crime and pays for the crime. It's a much less interesting show if that's the case.
Old 08-16-16, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Another thing I didn't quite understand (besides the disregard of last week's ending) was the 5 second shot of the guy spray painting the lockers in the school red. Did I miss something?
Old 08-16-16, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Another thing I didn't quite understand (besides the disregard of last week's ending) was the 5 second shot of the guy spray painting the lockers in the school red. Did I miss something?
Yeah. That was Naz's younger brother. His entire family is going to Hell because of what he's done/accused of. Mother is a janitor, Dad's a delivery boy and brother is a juvenile delinquent now.
Old 08-16-16, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got into this show after having interest and setting the DVR for the series; The first episode was intriguing until they went with the lame reaction, leaving the keys in the house, breaking the glass pane, etc. But I didn't give up, I just skipped to episode 5 and realized that shows nowadays have too much fodder; there was enough information there that I didn't need to see the prior three episodes.

Now it's actually an interesting and well-done show and I will stick with the final two episodes. It is funny how they lingered on all the suspects earlier, was a bit heavy-handed.
Old 08-16-16, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if Nas did it. The crime scene was a mess, blood everywhere, right?
And if I remember correctly his clothes were clean.

And I think we can agree that it has been a few months. Trials don't start that fast, right?

I think we can have resolution in the last two episodes, the show has become thinner with time. A lot of ridiculous scenes, specially with the defense lawyers, so I can see them resolving everything in the last 2 hours.

Also, I think in the previews for next week episode they show why the police is so confident.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.