TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Flash (S2E18) -- "Versus Zoom" -- 4/19/16

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-16, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
Re: The Flash (S2E18) -- "Versus Zoom" -- 4/19/16

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Yeah, i normally follow time travel stuff OK, but the killing of the time remnant...

If the time remnant is from the past, wouldn't that have killed current zoom (similar to thawne being wiped from existence).

If the time remnant is from the future, isn't zoom ending his own life in the future? Where's the logic in that?

Also love that Barry is given a list of things to specifically NOT do, and he does EVERY SINGLE ONE (well, except telling cisco/kaitlin about wells being thawne).
Barry's the worst time/dimensional traveler EVER! The only time he didn't alter the universe is when he's on CBS.

As to the time remnant, the only way I can wrap my head around it is that:
1)Zoom goes back in time to a point were he is early stage Zoom.
2)Both Zooms remain in that time line making it the new time line for time traveling Zoom.
3)Now one Zoom can play Jay while the other Zoom territories the city.
4)Time traveling Zoom convinces past Zoom that he was to die.

If I wasn't practiced in comic book logic, I'd be lost.
Old 04-21-16, 07:15 PM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

People get taken (i.e. kidnapped) a lot in this show.
Old 04-21-16, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Barry's the worst time/dimensional traveler EVER! The only time he didn't alter the universe is when he's on CBS.

As to the time remnant, the only way I can wrap my head around it is that:
1)Zoom goes back in time to a point were he is early stage Zoom.
2)Both Zooms remain in that time line making it the new time line for time traveling Zoom.
3)Now one Zoom can play Jay while the other Zoom territories the city.
4)Time traveling Zoom convinces past Zoom that he was to die.

If I wasn't practiced in comic book logic, I'd be lost.
I know I should just throw all logic out the window when it comes to comic book stuff, and I like your explanation.

but if what you're saying is true, then that means the zoom that died will never get to the point of the original Zoom that traveled back in time. So the zoom that traveled back in time should never exist, and thus disappear.

I know they tried to set up some of this time Remnant stuff when thawne appeared earlier in the season, I guess I didn't pay enough attention then.
Old 04-21-16, 07:45 PM

I know I should just throw all logic out the window when it comes to comic book stuff, and I like your explanation.

but if what you're saying is true, then that means the zoom that died will never get to the point of the original Zoom that traveled back in time. So the zoom that traveled back in time should never exist, and thus disappear.

I know they tried to set up some of this time Remnant stuff when thawne appeared earlier in the season, I guess I didn't pay enough attention then.
Ah but time traveling Zoom goes back only a few days and makes sure the old Zoom does everything that lends to the time travel. Once both reach the time of the time travel it breaks there dependency. Time traveling Zoom becomes the Zoom of this time line and old Zoom is redundant.
Old 04-21-16, 08:10 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok, Barry just traveled fast enough to go through to Supergirl's earth, but instead of exploring that, they make Cisco use his powers to open a breach. Flash just opened a breach and says nothing about it! Not once did he say "hey there's this hot chick and hey there are more earths that if I go fast enough I can get to!"

They must not have known about the crossover when this filmed, but still, this who episode, in my opinion, was just awful!

I still don't get the logic behind the "Time remnant". so how did Zoom and Jay fight earlier in the series, was that a lie?

Was Hunter really being Zoom AND the Flash? This just is weird.
Old 04-21-16, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I vaguely hinted at it earlier in the thread but I think the entire time remnant stuff explained by Zoom wasn't the truth.
Old 04-22-16, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by jwb0323
Ok, Barry just traveled fast enough to go through to Supergirl's earth, but instead of exploring that, they make Cisco use his powers to open a breach. Flash just opened a breach and says nothing about it! Not once did he say "hey there's this hot chick and hey there are more earths that if I go fast enough I can get to!"

They must not have known about the crossover when this filmed, but still, this who episode, in my opinion, was just awful!

I still don't get the logic behind the "Time remnant". so how did Zoom and Jay fight earlier in the series, was that a lie?

Was Hunter really being Zoom AND the Flash? This just is weird.
I don't get how he concealed the whole blue lightning thing if that's the side effect of V9. There was definitely an E2 Flashback between him/Wells (not sure from who's POV) and then he uses the V9 on E1 (while Barry is on E2) but runs into complications (which was either an act or all true).

Fuck man... this shit isn't suppose to be that complicated.
Old 04-22-16, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Ah but time traveling Zoom goes back only a few days and makes sure the old Zoom does everything that lends to the time travel. Once both reach the time of the time travel it breaks there dependency. Time traveling Zoom becomes the Zoom of this time line and old Zoom is redundant.
But when they hit the point of when future Zoom time traveled, and past zoom never then actually travels back in time... future zoom should cease to exist and he no longer should be part of the timeline.

ok, i'm officially stopping thinking about it.
Old 04-22-16, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But when they hit the point of when future Zoom time traveled, and past zoom never then actually travels back in time... future zoom should cease to exist and he no longer should be part of the timeline.

At least until the next episode.
Old 04-22-16, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

You're overthinking, guys. Just go with it
Old 04-22-16, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
I don't get how he concealed the whole blue lightning thing if that's the side effect of V9. There was definitely an E2 Flashback between him/Wells (not sure from who's POV) and then he uses the V9 on E1 (while Barry is on E2) but runs into complications (which was either an act or all true).

Fuck man... this shit isn't suppose to be that complicated.
Barry said lighting only turns blue if you fast enough. That's why the girl from a couple episodes ago only turned blue at the end when crossed that speed level.

Yeah I couldn't reconcile that either. Screw it, a wizard did it.
Old 04-22-16, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Still waiting on an answer for this (if there is one):
Originally Posted by slop101
What was the deal with when Zolomon said "darkness" and his eyes went dark and he broke out of the leg brace?
Old 04-22-16, 03:17 PM

Not explained yet.
Old 04-22-16, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

It's Darkseid.
Old 04-22-16, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

They're finally bringing Wally around. Wasn't a fan of yet another kidnapping though. Guess they had to get one more use out of Zoom's hideout.

Didn't Wells address this previously essentially saying "whatever happened, happened." Point being, there are no time paradoxes on this show. Whatever led them to this point, already happened once so there's no changing it. i.e. Zolomon grows up to be Zoom, travels back in time kidnaps his younger self and kills him.

My question is, if Zoom is aware of time travel, how has he not run across Reverse Flash? or has he?

I understood that to be that once Cisco opened the breach in the hospital, it was left open.
That's what I assumed.
Old 04-22-16, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Didn't Wells address this previously essentially saying "whatever happened, happened." Point being, there are no time paradoxes on this show. Whatever led them to this point, already happened once so there's no changing it. i.e. Zolomon grows up to be Zoom, travels back in time kidnaps his younger self and kills him.
I could buy that, if the show didn't contradict that with its major event of season 1 (Eddie killing himself erases eobard thawne from existence). All I want is consistency from my fictional comic book shows where people time travel!
Old 04-23-16, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hmm, good point. I got nothing on that one.
Old 04-23-16, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

It's all lies!
Old 04-24-16, 10:26 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah this was a really stupid episode

More of the same Zoom nonsense

And when you have a villian on the ropes, don't banter with him until he escapes, PUT HIM THE FUCK DOWN PROPERLY ! cut his balls off, shoot him in the leg, gauge his eyes out, stick a rod up his butt, anything to disable him permanently

This show needs to end the zoom storyline once and for all
Old 04-24-16, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Eh, if I'm remembering things correctly... Zoom said the fake Jay was a time remnant. So he didn't simply travel back in time and get his younger self. -_-

If I'm understanding the explanation correctly, I was under the impression that....
Basically, he traveled back in time and somehow changed something that affected the time line, but somehow grabbed himself from the time line that no longer existed as a result of changing something and taking a different fork on the time line. So he was a remnant of a time that didn't exist anymore.

Hence why his fate didn't bear any meaning on the fate of Zoom.

Last edited by Koby; 04-24-16 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-24-16, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Here is a good timeline of Zoom's antics this season, breaking it down.

http://screenrant.com/the-flash-expl...jay-zoom-plan/
Old 04-25-16, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Koby
Eh, if I'm remembering things correctly... Zoom said the fake Jay was a time remnant. So he didn't simply travel back in time and get his younger self. -_-

If I'm understanding the explanation correctly, I was under the impression that....
Basically, he traveled back in time and somehow changed something that affected the time line, but somehow grabbed himself from the time line that no longer existed as a result of changing something and taking a different fork on the time line. So he was a remnant of a time that didn't exist anymore.

Hence why his fate didn't bear any meaning on the fate of Zoom.
That makes sense... BUT

If Zoom can time travel that precisely, to go back and grab a version of himself from an alternate timeline then why the ridiculous plan? If an earlier/healthy AlternateZolomon is expendable then why not steal his speedforce? Why the elaborate ruse to get Barry? Go back in time or to an alternate timeline and kidnap/steal an unsuspecting Barry.
Old 04-25-16, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Did we get the entire Jay Garick is Flash from Earth-2 before Wells 2 showed up on Earth 1? Otherwise, wouldnt Well's 2 have said, 12 episodes ago, "Hey, that's not Flash from my Earth. We never had a Flash on my Earth!" Or was Zoloman playing both parts on Earth-2? I guess that could explain why he didn't recognize the guy.

Pretty sure Wally will help save the day. They've been driving home his drive for speed and science smarts the entire time.

Interestingly I saw a news article today showcasing early prototype high definition video from 1993. The article speculated it was filmed on a 10 lbs Sony camera. In comparison they highlighted how the same technology is now a few ounce, the size of a finger nail, and fits in your phone. And to think, it only took 20 years!

By contrast, Wells shrank the speed device from a frisbee to the size of a half dollar in a day. Whoop!

Agree, no way Barry wouldn't have said anything about his Supergirl visit. Nothing was happening that urgently to NOT mention it. Especially of the possibility of Cisco saying, "Oh course! If there is an Earth 2, there have to be other Earths. You must have travelled to a 3rd Earth! The breaches from 1-2 are closed, but if we get Harry to invent the flux capacitor for your suit, we can have you sling shot from Earth 3 to 2!"
Old 04-26-16, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Yeah this was a really stupid episode

More of the same Zoom nonsense

And when you have a villian on the ropes, don't banter with him until he escapes, PUT HIM THE FUCK DOWN PROPERLY ! cut his balls off, shoot him in the leg, gauge his eyes out, stick a rod up his butt, anything to disable him permanently

This show needs to end the zoom storyline once and for all
Old 04-26-16, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
Did we get the entire Jay Garick is Flash from Earth-2 before Wells 2 showed up on Earth 1? Otherwise, wouldnt Well's 2 have said, 12 episodes ago, "Hey, that's not Flash from my Earth. We never had a Flash on my Earth!" Or was Zoloman playing both parts on Earth-2? I guess that could explain why he didn't recognize the guy.

Pretty sure Wally will help save the day. They've been driving home his drive for speed and science smarts the entire time.

Interestingly I saw a news article today showcasing early prototype high definition video from 1993. The article speculated it was filmed on a 10 lbs Sony camera. In comparison they highlighted how the same technology is now a few ounce, the size of a finger nail, and fits in your phone. And to think, it only took 20 years!

By contrast, Wells shrank the speed device from a frisbee to the size of a half dollar in a day. Whoop!

Agree, no way Barry wouldn't have said anything about his Supergirl visit. Nothing was happening that urgently to NOT mention it. Especially of the possibility of Cisco saying, "Oh course! If there is an Earth 2, there have to be other Earths. You must have travelled to a 3rd Earth! The breaches from 1-2 are closed, but if we get Harry to invent the flux capacitor for your suit, we can have you sling shot from Earth 3 to 2!"
We saw Jay Flash and Wells interacting on Earth 2, so Wells was under the impression that Jay was a hero, even if they didn't get along.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.