Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Commercials you absolutely f&*$ing HATE

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-24, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
Re: Commercials you absolutely f&*$ing HATE

Zocdoc. Now they're getting to the point where I have to change the channel because of how repulsive they are.
Old 01-16-24, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 950 Likes on 724 Posts

A mild nit.

The AT&T commercial, where the woman doesn't get the free meal, so she just asks for water, and is told "cash or charge?". I don't fly that often, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if an airline charged for water, because, where are they going to get it from? It's not like there's flowing taps in the sky. Any provisions on board, even as simple as water, have to be brought on pre-flight and accounted for when it comes to aircraft weight.
Old 01-17-24, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
A mild nit.

The AT&T commercial, where the woman doesn't get the free meal, so she just asks for water, and is told "cash or charge?". I don't fly that often, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if an airline charged for water, because, where are they going to get it from? It's not like there's flowing taps in the sky. Any provisions on board, even as simple as water, have to be brought on pre-flight and accounted for when it comes to aircraft weight.
Spirit charges. AA and Delta still offer free beverage service on the flights I’ve taken in the last year.
Old 01-17-24, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 950 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Spirit charges. AA and Delta still offer free beverage service on the flights I’ve taken in the last year.
If Spirit could charge for the fart-filled air that you have to breathe, they would.

But yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all, because as I already mentioned, water in the airplane is not a free flowing tap that they can just fill and refill your glass as much as you want, like in a restaurant.
Old 01-22-24, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts

I liked some of the Liberty commercials. The "Brad" one of course, because the spokesmodel was such a cutie, and also the first "Liberty Biberty" one. They bring that guy back, which I approve of, but now he just strings a bunch of baby talk together and it loses all its charm.
On a side note, I turned the tv on and Bold and the Beautiful is on, and Liberty Bibberty is on there having some romantic moment with his tv wife.
Old 01-24-24, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 245 Likes on 204 Posts

But yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all, because as I already mentioned, water in the airplane is not a free flowing tap that they can just fill and refill your glass as much as you want, like in a restaurant.
I'm guessing if you're paying for water, you're getting bottled water?