Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-17, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

I am trying to finish strong for the horror challenge, but one more week to go, I hope Walmart will get store exclusives dvds again on these new movies.
Old 10-25-17, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Kickoff is on Friday!

Do last year's movies go on sale in early/mid-November?
Old 10-25-17, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’ve checked Amazon and there are a ton of last years hallmark movies on dvd that were released on October 3rd. I’ll be checking Walmart probably every week to see if they get any exclusive releases of this year’s Hallmark movies. They probably won’t put any Christmas movies out on shelves until after Halloween.
Old 10-25-17, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I see the Tricia Helfer one Operation Christmas was released on DVD on 10/3. However, the Amy Acker Nutcracker Christmas movie is only on digital, showing as a pre-order for 11/7, while the Marguerite Moreau one, Love Always Santa, is not showing at all. I guess I'll check back on 11/7.

Vudu only has Operation Christmas and not the other two. I wonder if these will be eligible for Movies Anywhere.

Sponsored results really mess up Amazon searches for "Hallmark."
Old 10-26-17, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

And my Cheers reruns are off the air till January...

(it's interesting how Hallmark censors the episodes though. Last night I was watching one where Diane compared Sam to a "fat braying ass", except "ass" was muted out.)
Old 10-27-17, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I think Hallmark declares that the Countdown to Christmas formally starts today, but maybe that means they just start playing a ton of Christmas themed films today from years past while the first original film of the season premieres tomorrow.
Old 10-27-17, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I googled "Hallmark christmas dvds 2017", and I saw on Best Buy's Website on 11/7 these titles are coming to dvd.

A Christmas to Remember
A Nutcracker Christmas
I'll Be Home for Christmas

These might be store exclusives, I typed them in on Amazon and found nothing so who knows.
Old 10-27-17, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Marry Me at Christmas", the first new movie of the season I think premieres tomorrow.
Old 10-28-17, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Watched parts of Christmas in Homestead and Christmas Under Wraps today.

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So I googled "Hallmark christmas dvds 2017", and I saw on Best Buy's Website on 11/7 these titles are coming to dvd.

A Christmas to Remember
A Nutcracker Christmas

These might be store exclusives, I typed them in on Amazon and found nothing so who knows.
Amazon has them as digital pre-orders. Walmart has only one of them in a sketchy-looking third-party listing so maybe BB has the physical exclusive.
Old 10-28-17, 12:49 AM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts

MARRY ME AT CHRISTMAS

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/marry-me-at-christmas

Organizing a Christmas wedding is a true treat for bridal boutique owner Madeline Krug. She loves the challenge of finding the perfect dress for the bride and orchestrating an exquisite event. What Madeline didn’t expect was to be swept off her feet by the bride’s gorgeous brother, movie star Jonny Blaze. Jonny came to the quirky town of Fool’s Gold to support his sister — not to fall in love. Yet Madeline is the most extraordinary woman he’s ever met. Planning the perfect wedding leads to candlelit dinners and strolls through snow-covered streets. Madeline finds the real Jonny even more captivating than her celebrity crush. Will the action star be brave enough to take on the role of a lifetime?

Starring Rachel Skarsten and Trevor Donovan.

SHOWTIMES:
Saturday October 28 8:00 PM
Sunday October 29 2:00 PM
Friday November 3 8:00 PM
Sunday November 5 6:00 PM
Tuesday November 7 4:00 PM
Friday November 17 2:00 PM
Wednesday November 22 4:00 PM
Sunday November 26 10:00 AM
Saturday December 9 10:00 PM
Friday December 15 6:00 PM
Monday December 25 3:30 AM
Old 10-28-17, 12:51 AM

I haven't seen Rachel Skarsten in anything since Birds Of Prey. That was around 15 years ago. So it'll be interesting to see her again.
Old 10-28-17, 11:51 PM

Here's a great article on the Hallmark Christmas movies. Some cool behind-the-scenes info.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hallm...n-bure-2017-10
Old 10-29-17, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I like some of these but do they really have to start before the end of October? At least wait until after Halloween and start in November sometime. I guess retailers already start putting stuff around this time too out but it just feels too early.
Old 10-29-17, 12:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Here's a great article on the Hallmark Christmas movies. Some cool behind-the-scenes info.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hallm...n-bure-2017-10
Nice article, thanks for posting.
Old 10-30-17, 11:11 AM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

TheBigDave...to echo others, always a fan of these type of articles, so thanks for the link. Wow, cranking them out in 2 weeks, so it is kind of amazing that the majority of the films are actually pretty enjoyable to watch (i.e., not a chore to get through). It also explains why sometimes it feels like they skipped a step in getting from point A to point B in the rush to close off the story in its 2 hour timeframe. That nagging feeling that something should have been filmed to indicate why character X has gone from being two steps away from jumping off a bridge to giddily marrying the person who led them on this depressing path one minute before the credits role.

On the other hand, this same frenetic production schedule gave us the fan favorite Trading Christmas which feels like a complete story that does not rush getting from one end to the other. Not all films are top notch like Trading Christmas but a small handful definitely stand out each year.
Old 10-30-17, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mike86
I like some of these but do they really have to start before the end of October? At least wait until after Halloween and start in November sometime. I guess retailers already start putting stuff around this time too out but it just feels too early.
You could just not watch them? I don't watch the Hallmark channels at any other time of year so I don't tune in till I'm ready, but I guess if you watch regularly that could be annoying.
Old 11-03-17, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I looked online and Ion Television has their Schedule of Christmas movies up starting Thanksgiving weekend. I enjoy this channel, and its a good alternative to these movies if you don't have cable.
https://iontelevision.com/holiday-movies

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 11-03-17 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-04-17, 03:39 AM

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas (2015) is a great movie full of Christmas spirit. I don't know why I missed it when it originally aired. If you get a chance, check it out.

It'll replay on Monday 11/06 at 10pm.

Maggie Dunlop is thrilled when her long time crush, Mitch, moves to her little town of Harrison. Once Maggie discovers Mitch and his love for Christmas has drastically changed, she vows to bring the holiday spirit back in his life. Determined to show him the magic of Christmas, she decides to create 12 Christmas gifts that ask him to do fun Christmas tasks in order to renew his love for the season and explore his feelings towards Maggie.

Starring: Brooke Nevin and Robin Dunne
Old 11-04-17, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

I was channel surfing when I saw Daphne Zuniga on A Family Thanksgiving on the Hallmark Channel. She look fantastic for her age.
Old 11-04-17, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
On the Twelfth Day of Christmas (2015) is a great movie full of Christmas spirit. I don't know why I missed it when it originally aired. If you get a chance, check it out.

It'll replay on Monday 11/06 at 10pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiF-yi6oTCk
This is one of my favorite recent Christmas movies. Brooke Nevin shines in it. It has one of the few scripts for one of these seasonal movies that could work on its own, even if you removed the Christmas elements. A very enjoyable romantic Christmas movie.
Old 11-07-17, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found the first Walmart Exclusive Dvds of the season today. I picked up My Christmas Dream with Danica Mckellar, the other one was "Journey back to Christmas" with Candice Cameron Bure. I'll pass on that as the few movies I have seen with her haven't been particularly good. Sadly, no VUDU codes were included.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 11-07-17 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-07-17, 10:14 PM

I found the first Walmart Exclusive Dvds of the season today. I picked up My Christmas Dream with Danica Mckellar, the other one was "Journey back to Christmas" with Candice Cameron Bure. I'll pass on that as the few movies of these movies I have seen with her haven't been particularly good. Sadly, no VUDU codes were included.
I think I'll probably pass on the DVDs and wait for the annual sale at Vudu. Around mid-December they usually have a sale on Hallmark movies.
Old 11-07-17, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I won't buy all of them, but I usually like the Lacey Chabert movies, and will pick up her new movie which will get a dvd release right away. I got 'Charming Christmas' and "the BEst Christmas Party Ever" from the VUDU sale last year, so I'll be on the lookout for the VUDU sale.
Old 11-08-17, 07:01 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

I'm pretty much at "no digital code, no sale" on everything except boutique horror titles and Criterions.
Old 11-08-17, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777

A Christmas to Remember
A Nutcracker Christmas

Amazon has them as digital pre-orders. Walmart has only one of them in a sketchy-looking third-party listing so maybe BB has the physical exclusive.
Amazon is now showing all 3 as DVD-R's in the editorial description. So they're probably that way everywhere unfortunately.

Though we might get lucky, in the same way that WM came out with a pressed disc with Dater’s Handbook, A Novel Romance and Love on the Sidelines all together.

Meanwhile, I saw a new Hallmark release at Target yesterday (for $9.99). On the front of the new release display in the very bottom right. Unfortunately, I was so surprised that I couldn't recall afterward what movie it was. Sorry. I'm pretty sure the lead actress was blonde though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.