Old 08-04-14, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Bachelor in Paradise

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
http://www.tv.com/shows/bachelor-in-paradise/

Sounds like Bachelor Pad to me

Anyone watch this ?
It's not like Bachelor Pad in that there's no cash prize or competitions.There are "date card" dates like on the Bachelor/Bachelorette and a lot of free time to get to know each other (a.k.a. start drama, backstab, hookup).

The catch is that there's a rose ceremony at the end and the number of men and women don't match up... so people have to make connections quickly to ensure that they get a rose. Also, they will be adding people as the show goes along. Tonight, Michelle Money came in later in the week.

I like to watch the silliness and drama. Tonight one girl started crying and had a hissy fit because the guy she had hung out with for less than 24 hours accepted a date with another girl. "He can't even stay faithful for 24 hours!" Yes, she just met him and she said this.
Old 08-04-14, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm recording, but I'm not ready to start watching yet. Maybe this weekend. I'm still on

Chris Harrison: Did you ever love him?
Andi Dorfman: No. I was careful never to say that.
Nick Viall: Then why did you make love to me?
Andi Dorfman: That's supposed to remain private. That's below the belt.
Old 08-04-14, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MikahC

He tried to meet with her in private a couple of times, but she kept avoiding him. Bet she wished she hadn't now.
Old 08-05-14, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

For a second I thought they were bringing back Paradise Hotel, the crazy reality show from over a decade ago. It's still the craziest season I've ever seen on a reality show. Checking Wikipedia, apparently the Danish version is still going in its tenth season.

This kind of sounds like it but with people from the Bachelor.
Old 08-05-14, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by leeta
I like to watch the silliness and drama. Tonight one girl started crying and had a hissy fit because the guy she had hung out with for less than 24 hours accepted a date with another girl. "He can't even stay faithful for 24 hours!" Yes, she just met him and she said this.
I also enjoyed that Marcus guy saying he can "really see serious relationship potential" with Lacy. He made out with her once, then she took Robert on a date and spent the whole rest of the week hooking up with him in front of everyone. Way to be in touch with reality, dude.

If I were on this show I'd just make a deal with one of the girls to always choose each other so we could stay on paid vacation and dispense with all the silly pretense of "finding true love."
Old 08-05-14, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
For a second I thought they were bringing back Paradise Hotel, the crazy reality show from over a decade ago.
Loved that show.
DVD Talk Legend

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
I'm recording, but I'm not ready to start watching yet. Maybe this weekend. I'm still on

A guy used the phrase "make love"? That's reason enough to dump his ass.
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
For a second I thought they were bringing back Paradise Hotel, the crazy reality show from over a decade ago. It's still the craziest season I've ever seen on a reality show. Checking Wikipedia, apparently the Danish version is still going in its tenth season.

This kind of sounds like it but with people from the Bachelor.
We loved Paradise Hotel --- Zack the d-bag made for some good reality drama.
Old 08-05-14, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joliom
If I were on this show I'd just make a deal with one of the girls to always choose each other so we could stay on paid vacation and dispense with all the silly pretense of "finding true love."
That is basically what happened on Paradise Hotel, people quickly figured out they needed to pair up even if they had no romantic feelings for one another. Of course, things went to reality hell when one of the cast members actually fell in love.
Old 08-05-14, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle and Graham (who were in a relationship in the past) have already made this deal. I'm betting that if it looks like either one of them are in danger of going home that they'll save each other. I wondered if that was the significance of the secret handshake.
Old 08-05-14, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Yep - immediately thought of Paradise Hotel. I loved that trainwreck.
Old 08-05-14, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Yeah, the great thing about P-Ho was that they dropped a butt ugly new guy into the mix halfway through the season. That's when things really went batshit.

I doubt this one reaches those lofty heights, but last night gave hope. And Michelle Money always delivers.
Old 08-05-14, 06:23 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah Paradise Hotel was good, so was Temptation Island
Old 08-05-14, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
A guy used the phrase "make love"? That's reason enough to dump his ass.
You thought he'd say "then why did you fuck me" on network TV?
Old 08-05-14, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Paradise Hotel was amazingly awesome. What does it say when a decade later there are naked dating shows and such yet no network dares speak the name of Paradise Hotel.
Old 08-05-14, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The E! channel tried to revive the Paradise Hotel/Temptation Island concept with the recent Escape Club, but I don't think anyone watched it. These types of trashy reality shows are my biggest guilty pleasure. I watched all the Flavor of Love/Rock of Love/I Love Money shows that VH1 used to run too.
Old 08-05-14, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eddie W
Yeah, the great thing about P-Ho was that they dropped a butt ugly new guy into the mix halfway through the season. That's when things really went batshit.
Haha - Dave

That psychotic bag of silicone Toni hated his ass.

BTW, I will also be referring to this show as P-Ho from now on. So fitting.
Old 08-05-14, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The E! channel tried to revive the Paradise Hotel/Temptation Island concept with the recent Escape Club, but I don't think anyone watched it. These types of trashy reality shows are my biggest guilty pleasure. I watched all the Flavor of Love/Rock of Love/I Love Money shows that VH1 used to run too.
I loved I Love Money. Tool Academy was another favorite. Those shows were hilarious. Then VH1 decided they were too "classy" to be broadcasting such trash, especially after the winner of I Love Money 3 murdered his stripper wife and stuffed her badly beaten and crushed body (such that she could only be identified by the serial numbers of her breast implants) into a suitcase and tossed it inside a dumpster before the season even aired.

So the past few years I've been getting my fix from Bad Girls Club.
Old 08-05-14, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Paradise Hotel was amazingly awesome. What does it say when a decade later there are naked dating shows and such yet no network dares speak the name of Paradise Hotel.
It is quite possibly the greatest (and by that I mean worst) reality show of all time. I swear they made up the rules as they went along. It was glorious to behold.
Old 08-06-14, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They definitely made up the rules to keep Dave and Charla on the show. It didn't matter so much because the real drama was Charla breaking Dave's heart...repeatedly. There was also the Keith and Tara relationship, though that one seemed much more made to survive than anything else.

The problem today is that almost everyone now has seen years of manipulative reality television, so contestants know how to game each show from the beginning. Back then they were much more affairs of pure skill in whatever contest each show was about.

Charla apparently has a Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/badcharla

What a shock, she isn't married.
Old 08-06-14, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Damn, you guys are talking my jam!

Really, I love most of these trashy shows and have watched almost all of them (though I didn't care for Flavor Of Love or the other "date a Hip Hop star" shows).

I prefer the ones where it is just everyday (i.e. psychotic) people trying to date in the weirdest ways possible. Never heard of The Escape Club mentioned above but I would have watched it had I know about it. The sad part is, if they ever release Paradise Hotel, Temptation Island, etc. on dvd (preferably uncut), I would get those in a heartbeat. I love trashy dating shows and I don't know why. I still miss Blind Date and Fifth Wheel.

I missed this one the other night but will have to catch it on demand. I think the nude dating show on VH-1 is a "stroke" of genius but I have read that the ratings were pretty bad. What's funny is that if they didn't blur the nudity out, the ratings would be thru the roof. Yeah, you'd have some family TV watchdogs going cuckoo but it would be THE most watched show on VH-1 if they had the balls to do it.

Last edited by Spiderbite; 08-06-14 at 02:35 PM. Reason: 5th Wheel. Not 3rd wheel. :lol:
Old 08-06-14, 08:52 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

There were UK and Australian versions of Temptation Island and they were all good

I'm gonna check out Escape Club
Old 08-06-14, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I missed this one the other night but will have to catch it on demand. I think the nude dating show on VH-1 is a "stroke" of genius but I have read that the ratings were pretty bad. What's funny is that if they didn't blur the nudity out, the ratings would be thru the roof. Yeah, you'd have some family TV watchdogs going cuckoo but it would be THE most watched show on VH-1 if they had the balls to do it.
They've had great casting so far on that naked dating show on VH-1. Some truly surprising outcomes, including one of the women rebuffing the better looking guys for a nerd. I guess anyone willing to go on a nude reality show has an adventurous personality to begin with but they've already had some atypical contestants. They have to be paid participants.
Old 08-07-14, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Finally caught this on my DVR last night and it's fantastic! The editing to show crazy chick #3 babbling to the raccoon was hilarious.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.