TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Free Agents (MTV) - Premieres 4/10/14

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Free Agents (MTV) - Premieres 4/10/14

Originally Posted by fumanstan
That's nice, I really don't care about her at all. Just saying that unless you know her personally, it's funny to see comments about what seems like something she would or wouldn't do. Ask her about her boobs.

I didn't realize they were doing an after show right after the first airing, i'm glad I caught it on DVR since I ended up watching the show online and went back to catch the after show recorded. I was wondering why it was showing up as an hour and a half and all the re-airings were only an hour.
I don't agree at all. I think, especially after many, many appearances and also seeing some of these people outside of the game, you can get a general idea of what kind of person they are. Not ALL.

But do you really think Johnny Bananas isn't pretty much a d-bag in person almost as much as he is on TV? I would bet Diem is a pretty nice, drive, hard-working person. You can kind of go on about "some" of them. I can't prove that I'm right, but even watching a show like Big Brother, you get a pretty good sense of what those people are like, at least at this point in their lives and, if they're already adults, they probably won't change much.

Susie has been doing these shows for a LONG time. She's getting a doctorate degree in religion, she's married, she's already gone through her "sex symbol" phase (posing practically naked for a magazine and such) and so on.

I'm really not trying to argue with you or pretend like I know better. But you could practically say the same thing about most people who fit a certain profile. It just seems odd that she decided to get massive implants after all this time. I, personally, think they look terrible, but, again, I don't care what anyone does with their own body. Just analyzing the crazy people from a crazy show like we all do every year.

And if CT decided to go to medical school or Kenny decided to be a priest, yes, I would also think that was very much out of character for both of them and I don't know them personally either.
Old 04-18-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I think breast implants and plastic surgery are a completely different beast since you don't really get insight in to how people feel about their bodies unless they're explicit about it.

But hey, if you want to believe that you're Susie's soul mate and BFF from watching her on TV, more power to you.
Old 04-18-14, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts

I just recently started watching these shows. I watched the last two seasons and just burned the The Challenge: Battle Of The Seasons on Amazon Prime. By the way, Amazon Prime has several of the past seasons streaming for free.

My question is this: Many of these people have been on these shows multiple times. They watch the show after and see how they act. Why do they keep acting the same way? I know alcohol has it's way with some people but all of these people keep doing the same things and acting the same way. It was refreshing watching Chet on the Battle Of The Seasons that I recently watched. He just usually stayed away from all the drama and never got involved in the fighting. He got (rightfully) pissed at (can't remember her name but Black chick who dated Eric) at the end because she couldn't run worth a shit.

Granted, the fights are generally entertaining but Nany acts like a fool on all these shows that I have seen her appear on. She is so damn pretty but if she gets mad, she acts like white trash (excuse me, Dominican trash). The next day, it's sorry. Overreacted. Why doesn't she recognize she is overreacting when she is trying to climb over people to argue with someone, especially when that someone has gone into another room? And that someone she calls a friend?

My wife HATES these shows because she feels these "adults" are idiots and are just milking their 15 minutes of MTV fame and not living in real life (real job, acting like an adult, etc.). She doesn't quite get it when I tell her that that's the entire point of these shows.

The after show was just fucking horrible. The "Gold Medalist" Mosely's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. And Susie was obviously hiding extra large beach balls under her shirt. No way those are tits. They didn't even look like fake tits. They looked alien.

Why not JT for these shows? At first I didn't care for the guy but his subtle way of handling these shows really grew on me after the several episodes the first time I saw him. Now I really appreciate him and his demeanor.
Old 04-18-14, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think breast implants and plastic surgery are a completely different beast since you don't really get insight in to how people feel about their bodies unless they're explicit about it.

But hey, if you want to believe that you're Susie's soul mate and BFF from watching her on TV, more power to you.
Yes, because you act like Johnny Bananas in this thread somehow proves the point that I ever insinuated that I was her soul mate.

Maybe you should try out for the show.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 04-18-14 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-18-14, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Yes, because you act like Johnny Bananas in this thread somehow proves the point that I ever insinuated that I was her soul mate.

Maybe you should try out for the show.
Oh sorry, just ex-wife, not soul mate. I still don't get why you're so defensive and upset over again, someone you don't know.

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I just recently started watching these shows. I watched the last two seasons and just burned the The Challenge: Battle Of The Seasons on Amazon Prime. By the way, Amazon Prime has several of the past seasons streaming for free.

My question is this: Many of these people have been on these shows multiple times. They watch the show after and see how they act. Why do they keep acting the same way? I know alcohol has it's way with some people but all of these people keep doing the same things and acting the same way. It was refreshing watching Chet on the Battle Of The Seasons that I recently watched. He just usually stayed away from all the drama and never got involved in the fighting. He got (rightfully) pissed at (can't remember her name but Black chick who dated Eric) at the end because she couldn't run worth a shit.

Granted, the fights are generally entertaining but Nany acts like a fool on all these shows that I have seen her appear on. She is so damn pretty but if she gets mad, she acts like white trash (excuse me, Dominican trash). The next day, it's sorry. Overreacted. Why doesn't she recognize she is overreacting when she is trying to climb over people to argue with someone, especially when that someone has gone into another room? And that someone she calls a friend?

My wife HATES these shows because she feels these "adults" are idiots and are just milking their 15 minutes of MTV fame and not living in real life (real job, acting like an adult, etc.). She doesn't quite get it when I tell her that that's the entire point of these shows.

The after show was just fucking horrible. The "Gold Medalist" Mosely's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. And Susie was obviously hiding extra large beach balls under her shirt. No way those are tits. They didn't even look like fake tits. They looked alien.

Why not JT for these shows? At first I didn't care for the guy but his subtle way of handling these shows really grew on me after the several episodes the first time I saw him. Now I really appreciate him and his demeanor.
It's funny, I used to like Mosely more then TJ, but that's since flipped. Aside from producers probably encouraging the cast members to go a little nuts, honestly a lot of people out there are just like that. They get drunk and do the same repeated dumb ass things and don't change that much or take awhile to grow up, so it's no surprise that MTV casts people that fit that mold. People like Nany or Camilla can't help it.

I didn't know these were on Prime Streaming, I might go back and check out some old seasons.

Last edited by fumanstan; 04-18-14 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-18-14, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't know these were on Prime Streaming, I might go back and check out some old seasons.
I went thru them and I think it was the last 6 or 8 seasons that you can stream for free. The rest you have to pay for.

I enjoy the actual challenges more than the drama, so I will likely go back thru all the seasons that they have streaming since I have only watched the last 3 seasons of this show.

It's kinda funny going backwards. People look a little younger and you get to see the reasons why they hate or love each other in the future. It makes for a little bit of a mindfuck. I was really starting to get this new season, the previous season and the old one I just watched mixed up in my head. Since so many of the same people are on the shows, it can get confusing watching them all so close together and out of order/backwards.
Old 04-18-14, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Many years ago TJ was a breath of fresh air hosting these things b/c he was the first one to ever call contestants out for quitting or whatever during challenges, but he's never really been a magnetic personality.

I think they're just used to working with him by now. I know he got to be pretty good friends with the Kenny crew. I'm not sure bringing in any "name" is going to increase the ratings.

Seeing Susie last night talk about doing another challenge (which would be a horrible idea for her...nothing good could come of it) made me think of how Susie could do another challenge. Maybe it's time to see if we could do an "Old School" season and limit to people from say the first Fresh Meat and before. That is challenge before Johnny shows up in case anyone is curious; he would not be eligible (though I would be willing to accept him if that meant Coconuts came back and did another challenge). I mean really who doesn't want to see Timmy again.
Old 04-18-14, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

So apparently Susie has a stalker that posts here? Awesome.

I don't remember much from Susie, I do remember never liking her. She seemed to act like she was above everyone else while making it seem that she was this nice quiet girl. Didn't buy it for a second. She was entertaining though, so if she made it to another one of these things I'd like to see it.

And she looks great with her new cans.

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
My question is this: Many of these people have been on these shows multiple times. They watch the show after and see how they act. Why do they keep acting the same way?
Money. It's always about money. They know that if they act ridiculous that they'll keep getting invited back. Free vacation. Shot at a good amount of money. Minor celebrity status. All they need to do is act like dumbasses and muck it up for the cameras. It works. They're just TV characters at this point, playing extreme versions of themselves.
Old 04-18-14, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh sorry, just ex-wife, not soul mate. I still don't get why you're so defensive and upset over again, someone you don't know.

It's funny, I used to like Mosely more then TJ, but that's since flipped. Aside from producers probably encouraging the cast members to go a little nuts, honestly a lot of people out there are just like that. They get drunk and do the same repeated dumb ass things and don't change that much or take awhile to grow up, so it's no surprise that MTV casts people that fit that mold. People like Nany or Camilla can't help it.

You don't understand why I get defensive (please provide one example), but yet you insult me and make up crap that isn't true.

That makes a whole lot of sense.
Old 04-18-14, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Goat3001
So apparently Susie has a stalker that posts here? Awesome.

I don't remember much from Susie, I do remember never liking her. She seemed to act like she was above everyone else while making it seem that she was this nice quiet girl. Didn't buy it for a second. She was entertaining though, so if she made it to another one of these things I'd like to see it.

And she looks great with her new cans.

Money. It's always about money. They know that if they act ridiculous that they'll keep getting invited back. Free vacation. Shot at a good amount of money. Minor celebrity status. All they need to do is act like dumbasses and muck it up for the cameras. It works. They're just TV characters at this point, playing extreme versions of themselves.
You didn't buy it for a second? Yet you don't know her personally. So, you basically share an opinion, one you feel you thought about based on evidence of having watched repeated behaviors and you shared your opinions. You don't know her and you're not claiming that you do. You're simply stating you thought she was a phony. Yet, I'm somehow insulted for doing the same thing by simply stating I believed, for the same reasons that you used, that it didn't make sense to me for her to get giant implants in my opinion. Never stated I knew her or that I was right. Just made a case for why I thought it was a well-formed opinion, not just something I pulled out of my butt.

But I'm a stalker and the other "genius" insults me.

Hilarious.
Old 04-18-14, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Christ, you're taking this way too seriously.

And I can't believe I have to explain this, but that was barely an insult. It was playing off what you were already joking about calling her your ex-wife and the multiple posts about her.

Last edited by fumanstan; 04-18-14 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-18-14, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
But I'm a stalker and the other "genius" insults me.

Hilarious.
So you're going to start a conversation about a Challenger that hasn't been on the show in years, call her your "ex-girlfriend" and then you're going to get defensive when I jokingly call you a stalker?
Old 04-24-14, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Even though the other girl apparently got hurt, that was still a nice win for Cara. Of course since the season preview showed CM in a confrontation that hasn't happened yet with one of the other girls, it did take a little suspense out of the elimination round.

Not sad to see attention/camera whore Frank take the early walk.
Old 04-24-14, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

so used to this being on Wed I always forget to watch it.
Old 04-25-14, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, I thought Cara Maria was toast.

So glad she won that and that win was totally earned.

Suck it Bananas!
Old 04-25-14, 09:05 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still watch these things but only the actual challenges. I skip all other BS. Basically it takes me about 10 mins to watch a whole ep.

An old school show would be great. Bring back Mark, Timmy etc. I would watch that but there wouldn't be any drama thus no one watching, no ratings etc.
Old 04-25-14, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw, Paula works for sketchers in a jersey city, nj mall
Old 04-25-14, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
See, these morons do contribute to society
Old 04-25-14, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Even though the other girl apparently got hurt, that was still a nice win for Cara. Of course since the season preview showed CM in a confrontation that hasn't happened yet with one of the other girls, it did take a little suspense out of the elimination round.

Not sad to see attention/camera whore Frank take the early walk.
Happy to see Frank go too, even if it was because he was sick. It was weird because I don't think they mentioned him being sick the previous episodes, although he mentioned not being at his best or something like that last episode. I'm surprised that it seemed so quick and sudden.

I've always liked Cara, glad to see her win that challenge. Seems like a lot of people didn't like Nia, although I don't think they really showed a reason why.
Old 04-28-14, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706
She used to work at Rogue bar on 25th st in NYC. Is that an upgrade or downgrade?
Old 04-28-14, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It was great watching the "after show" and seeing how many people were happy to see Frank go.
Old 04-28-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've always liked Cara, glad to see her win that challenge. Seems like a lot of people didn't like Nia, although I don't think they really showed a reason why.
If you watch her on the Portland season of RW you'll understand exactly why she's widely hated. I'm happy they didn't give her enough screentime to reestablish why she sucks, it would have been tough to watch.
Old 04-28-14, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goat3001
If you watch her on the Portland season of RW you'll understand exactly why she's widely hated. I'm happy they didn't give her enough screentime to reestablish why she sucks, it would have been tough to watch.
Very true. I came away from that RW season feeling like she is truly an awful human being. I was happy to see her knocked out.

If you watched the aftershow, it gave you a small taste of what her personality is like.

And the aftershow was a little better this week. The guest "past challenger" was much more interesting than the dip-shit blonde from the prior week.
Old 04-28-14, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ah makes sense, I stopped watching the actual Real World show awhile ago. It didn't seem like she did that much on the Challenge.
Old 05-02-14, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fun challenge, Isaac definitely ended up looking weak not being able to do much there. The elimination seemed kind of weak and boring though, and way too quick. Glad Cara still won, sad that Brandon stood no chance against Zach in there.

I liked LaToya being so honest about everything and everyone, seems like she's one of the few. Liked how she called out Jordan and was straight up with Laurel. Hope Jordan's ego gets the best of him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.