TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Infected" -- 10/20/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-13, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Infected" -- 10/20/13

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
Interesting, it's the first thing that came to mind for me when I finally processed what the burned bodies and blood trails implied.
Originally Posted by Dave99
I'd never consider it either. These aren't suspicious people who might be a threat, they are just sick with a bad flu, and they turn if they die. Simple solution, quarantine them in a cell, lock the door and try to get them better. Setting them on fire before they die is way outside his capability. My money is on d'angelo barksdale.
Originally Posted by raven56706
probably rick is the one... maybe he learned from the lady in the wild and is taking a proactive approach to keep his people alive
I just can't imagine that they would take their lead character down that route and pushes Rick past a boundary that I don't think he would be able to recover from as the "hero" of the story and show. Dragging sick people out and burning them secretly feels like way too much.
Old 10-22-13, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
This is pretty much true. One person could easily kill 10 zombies a hour without trying very hard. One person could remove 100 zombies per day by standing in the same spot with a hammer. 10 people could remove 1000 zombies per day with little effort. There shouldn't be any zombies at the fence with 40 plus adults.

I don't hate them for it but they could have thought of something better.
That is my impression of the fence, but think there are a couple things with the fence that throw off what they are trying to do. I think the scale of the show is causing them to use less walkers than would be overwhelming for the fence. Also they seem to be able to kill walkers at the fence much easier than I would think it would be to actually push the weapons through a skull.. They just tap them in the head and they are dead.

Originally Posted by sven
Why don't the stupid fuckers just go outside the gates and kill the zombies out there? It would be much faster and easier to take them out in open ground and it would take the stress off the fence. Rick's plan was just fucking stupid as was their plan at that store. They should be exterminating every one they see not just moving them around.
Your idea is an idea that they would put in the show, and it would infuriate me because I would think, nobody would actually do that if they could just kill them from the safety of the fence. So, I would nominate sven to go outside the fence.

[QUOTE=datagirl7;11879587]IIRC
Old 10-22-13, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Originally Posted by msdmoney
That is my impression of the fence, but think there are a couple things with the fence that throw off what they are trying to do. I think the scale of the show is causing them to use less walkers than would be overwhelming for the fence. Also they seem to be able to kill walkers at the fence much easier than I would think it would be to actually push the weapons through a skull.. They just tap them in the head and they are dead.
These are rotting corpses. I don't think it would be hard at all to jab through half-broken skulls.
Old 10-23-13, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,132 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
There was a blood trail from the cell to where Tyrese found the bodies. Looks like she was killed and dragged to the spot.

There was blood on the pillow where the girl was. So it's possible she coughed up the blood and died. THEN someone came and dragged her and the other body out and burned them.

But It's also possible someone did a headshot pre-death...
Old 10-23-13, 03:57 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

My take on Tyrese's girl and the other burned body: They died of the flu, which seems to have a rapid incubation and mortality rate, either the medic, or the doc pulled the bodies outside and burned them as that's what you should do with an infected body when there's no other way to disinfect. They're new, they didn't think they needed to talk to Rick or the Council because it makes medical sense to burn the infection after someone's died. It wasn't Rick who burned the bodies.

As to who's putting the rats at the fence, it's either the Governor (how can he get inside the exterior fence?), or the kid who named the zombies (how can she get outside the interior fence without a key?). Both of those options suck, so option 3 is ???
Old 10-23-13, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by VinVega
As to who's putting the rats at the fence, it's either the Governor (how can he get inside the exterior fence?), or the kid who named the zombies (how can she get outside the interior fence without a key?). Both of those options suck, so option 3 is ???
I have a hard time believing that the governor's ultimate plan for revenge is to feed rats to the zombies. It's more mischievous than malicious, and the risk of getting caught by the grouip is too high for the potential payoff. There are no guarantees that it will cause anything more than grouping of zombies. I could see him involved more in the sickness that is going around than the rats.

That said, I have no other better ideas.
Old 10-23-13, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts

I will be shocked if the Governor is involved in either the infection or the rats. If he is, it's a dumb plan.
Old 10-23-13, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My assumption was that the zombies were being fed the rats by the little girl who was giving them names.
Old 10-23-13, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In the first episode who hooked up the CD/Radio to the car batteries to coax out the zombies? Was it the party in the prison or somebody else?
Old 10-23-13, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by VinVega
(how can she get outside the interior fence without a key?)
Use the knife that Carol gave her and dig under the interior fence.

It can't be the Governor. If the Governor can get into the prison that easy without be seen why wouldn't he just walk into the cell block and shoot Rick/everybody.
Old 10-23-13, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Just caught the ep. While I am certain it is intentional, anyone else noticing parallels between the prison and the castles of old? They have something of a mini-village inside, are dealing with a plague of old (it seems) , and the zombies are a modification of the invading hordes. Michonne riding a horse around brandishing a sword also harkens to knights.

While I would understand if they kill Maggie, I hope they don't because Lauren Cohen is easy on the eyes . Shame they can't let her talk with her real voice, her slight English accent is sexy.
Old 10-24-13, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I don't think there is any chance that Maggie or Glen get killed. Those characters are popular and there are so few, original characters left.
Old 10-24-13, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Just caught the ep. While I am certain it is intentional, anyone else noticing parallels between the prison and the castles of old? They have something of a mini-village inside, are dealing with a plague of old (it seems) , and the zombies are a modification of the invading hordes. Michonne riding a horse around brandishing a sword also harkens to knights.

While I would understand if they kill Maggie, I hope they don't because Lauren Cohen is easy on the eyes . Shame they can't let her talk with her real voice, her slight English accent is sexy.
I can't imagine any of the core gets killed in the first half, meaning Rick, Daryll, Michonne, Tyresse, Glen or Maggie. I know it was shown Tyresse having a deadly scene in the trailer but there's no way they bring someone in of Chad Coleman's caliber and kill him early on. Outside of Rick, Darryl and Michonne, all bets are off in the back 8.
Old 10-24-13, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't think there is any chance that Maggie or Glen get killed. Those characters are popular and there are so few, original characters left.
Spoiler:
Glenn may still meet Lucille sometime.
Old 10-24-13, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
I will be shocked if the Governor is involved in either the infection or the rats. If he is, it's a dumb plan.
That's probably why many think he's behind it.
Old 10-24-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Maggie is not an original character.
Old 10-24-13, 09:20 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Nobody is supposed to be happy in this world, so Maggie and Glen romance contradicts that. One of them will die. I'm guessing Glen.
Old 10-24-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

This episode is titled "Infected" so I assumed it would focus more on the virus with more people becoming infected and with Hershel taking an active role in isolating and trying to find out something about the flu.

You would expect more people to become sick very quickly if it was airborne and that should be a clue to the vet to look elsewhere. They have taken medical supplies from the prison so there should be other medical tests/diagnostic supplies and antivirals that they could steal, if not from the prison, then from nearby hospitals.

Come on people, BOIL THE WATER!

Very lazy writing.... bring back last year's team.
Old 10-24-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leeta
This episode is titled "Infected" so I assumed it would focus more on the virus with more people becoming infected and with Hershel taking an active role in isolating and trying to find out something about the flu.

You would expect more people to become sick very quickly if it was airborne and that should be a clue to the vet to look elsewhere. They have taken medical supplies from the prison so there should be other medical tests/diagnostic supplies and antivirals that they could steal, if not from the prison, then from nearby hospitals.

Come on people, BOIL THE WATER!

Very lazy writing.... bring back last year's team.
I remember the first half of last season being excellent. I don't think it has come close to that level since.
Old 10-25-13, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
There was blood on the pillow where the girl was. So it's possible she coughed up the blood and died. THEN someone came and dragged her and the other body out and burned them.
That was my impression. Two sick people were quarantined because there is a highly contagious and fatal disease running through the community. And if that isn't enough, once the sick person promptly dies, they commence to feasting on the living. Why can't it be as simple as they died and someone who would rather not see more people be sick or eaten alive dispatched and burned the corpses for safety's sake. I saw nothing that implied some sort of skullduggery. Worst case maybe there was some insensitivity to those who cared for the departed.
Old 10-25-13, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
One person could easily kill 10 zombies a hour without trying very hard. One person could remove 100 zombies per day by standing in the same spot with a hammer. 10 people could remove 1000 zombies per day with little effort. There shouldn't be any zombies at the fence with 40 plus adults.
Yep. A mere 40 people at that rate could exterminate every walker in the state of Georgia in under 10 years (assuming the entire population turned walker), even with taking weekends off. The hardest part would actually be finding enough walkers to kill to keep up the pace.
Old 10-25-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
On The Talking Dead, Chris asked Nicotero why zombies stop eating humans when there is so much more meat. Greg said once the human turns, the zombie is no longer interested. They want meat that's still alive.
That explains the whole Lori issue ... wait a second ... no, it doesn't. It proves they are pulling shit out of their asses in an effort to make Talking Dead relevant.
Old 10-26-13, 07:18 PM

After the first council meeting, Herchel told Daryl they need to meet again later (I assume he meant later that day). We never see or hear talk of that meeting once the two infected have been isolated.

I wonder if the council didn't make the decision to burn the two infected (after or before they died from the flu I don't know)

The little girl naming the walkers ,perhaps with her big sisters help, is clearly feeding them.