DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/613817-criminal-minds-moving-paramount.html)

DJariya 05-15-14 05:02 PM

re: Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

Surprised to see Blake leave. It is confirmed that Tripplehorn is gone. The EP of Criminal Minds confirmed it in TV Guide.

If they add a new agent, I hope they bring in someone a little younger. Maybe someone closer to AJ Cook's age.

aintnosin 05-15-14 05:05 PM

Or.... they could just bring Paget Brewster back again....and again.... and...

TheMovieman 05-17-14 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by aintnosin (Post 12107793)
Or.... they could just bring Paget Brewster back again....and again.... and...

I know you're joking but they (the producers) really burned that bridge.

Not sure about who they should bring in (maybe Anna Torv?).

aintnosin 05-19-14 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman (Post 12109382)
Not sure about who they should bring in (maybe Anna Torv?).

I could support that.

Maybe they could make an offer to Cote de Pablo. Then we'd know if her departure from NCIS was really her idea.

Strafe 05-19-14 06:49 PM

You mean this show has been renewed? I thought it was borderline last year. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but it seems to be getting a little long in the tooth.

aintnosin 05-20-14 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Strafe (Post 12111423)
You mean this show has been renewed?

CBS pretty much renewed everything for next year. Including this and CSI.

DJariya 05-20-14 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Strafe (Post 12111423)
You mean this show has been renewed? I thought it was borderline last year. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but it seems to be getting a little long in the tooth.

Criminal Minds still gets over 12M viewers per week and in the mid 2's in the demos. It's a show co-produced by CBS and has a few syndication deals. It's making money for the network and I can easily see this lasting another 2-3 more seasons minimum. Most of the cast is signed on through season 10. They will have to re-negotiate new contracts in summer 2015 if the show gets an 11th season.

TheMovieman 05-20-14 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12111769)
Criminal Minds still gets over 12M viewers per work and in the mid 2's in the demos. It's a show co-produced by CBS and has a few syndication deals. It's making money for the network and I can easily see this lasting another 2-3 more seasons minimum. Most of the cast is signed on through season 10. They will have to re-negotiate new contracts in summer 2015 if the show gets an 11th season.

Yeah, as long as it gets those kind of numbers, it'll stick around. I do hope, however, that if it does get beyond season 11, they consider ending it, start some character storylines to be wrapped up in a final 12th season so it's not rushed (I can see Morgan taking over the BAU after Hotch takes a desk job in NYC, Rossi retires since he most certainly has money already, etc.).

Ropes Pierre 05-21-14 11:48 AM

i thought they really underused Tripplehorn.

i was particularly annoyed they killed off that trouble making unit chief last year. I was hoping they would have really explored how she screwed over Blake and done something story wise with that instead of a few short lines.

i think what i am starting to dislike is the feeling this is some kind of action show instead of focusing on the psychology and investigation part. i also think they spend too much time with the unsub and dilute some of the mystery of who they are.

DJariya 07-01-14 04:00 PM

http://d1mxyp5ceukbya.cloudfront.net...lery-2-325.jpg

Announced today. Jennifer Love Hewitt is joining the show as a series regular replacing Jeanne Tripplehorn. I know not many here watch this show regularly, but I always thought it needed to get a little younger. I like this pick and not because she's hot. :D

http://tvline.com/2014/07/01/jennife...nds-season-10/

CBS’ Criminal Minds will fill the void left by Jeanne Tripplehorn’s departure with a lotta Love.
TVLine has learned that TV vet Jennifer Love Hewitt is joining the crime drama during Season 10 in a series regular role.

She will play Kate Callahan, a seasoned undercover agent whose stellar work at the FBI has landed her a coveted position with the Behavioral Analysis Unit. The character will be introduced in the Oct. 1 season premiere.

“We’re thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast,” says Minds showrunner Erica Messer. “Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season.”

News of Love’s casting comes seven weeks after Criminal Minds‘ May finale saw Tripplehorn’s Alex Blake signal her decision to part ways with the BAU, after a two-season stint.
Hewitt’s previous credits include Party of Five (and subsequent short-lived spin-off), Ghost Whisperer, The Client List and a couple of I Know What You Did Last Summer movies.

LorenzoL 07-01-14 04:04 PM

She's hot but I don't think she's a good actress and might not be able to keep up with the rest of the cast.

Deftones 07-01-14 04:13 PM

They better be showing off her funbags.

DJariya 07-01-14 04:18 PM

:lol: Go Figure, I just read some comments about the announcement and most of the people who hate the move are women....older as well. :D

Ropes Pierre 07-04-14 07:40 PM

i think she brings down the quality of the show, preemptively. she feels too light for a show where approximately 10 percent of the world is a psycho-sexual sadist. feels kinda jump the shark ish unless they keep her undercover giving guys hand jobs in a massage parlor or where she can talk to the dead victims and track down the unsubs that way. bonus points if she paraphrases what the dead say rather than repeats it verbatim.

i hope i am wrong and she really is up to the dramatic task.

TheMovieman 07-04-14 09:09 PM

I'm just fine with the pick. Also would open up a storyline where she can go undercover as a prostitute.

:eyebrow: ;)

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 12155904)
She's hot but I don't think she's a good actress and might not be able to keep up with the rest of the cast.

Let's face it, as much as I like the show, outside of the occasional moment (like when Hotch's wife was murdered), the cast is pretty much on auto-pilot at this point.

stvn1974 07-04-14 11:08 PM

I might start watching this again since Jennifer Love Hewitt has joined the cast. I will catch an episode every once in awhile but this show bothers me sometimes. Most films and TV shows don't get under my skin and really disturb me like Criminal Minds can some times. Paget Brewster said one time in an interview that some of the episodes have to actually be toned down from the real cases they are based on to be able to get on TV.

aintnosin 07-05-14 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre (Post 12159185)
i think she brings down the quality of the show, preemptively. she feels too light for a show where approximately 10 percent of the world is a psycho-sexual sadist.

You're basing this on her previous work. You don't think she can go dark enough because we've never seen her do that. That doesn't mean she can't; only that her previous roles didn't call on her to go there.

I'll reserve all judgment until the new season starts. If she sucks, then we can pile on. Deal?

TheMovieman 07-06-14 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by aintnosin (Post 12160059)
You're basing this on her previous work. You don't think she can go dark enough because we've never seen her do that. That doesn't mean she can't; only that her previous roles didn't call on her to go there.

I'll reserve all judgment until the new season starts. If she sucks, then we can pile on. Deal?

Agreed. Also, she was fantastic in an episode of "Law & Order: SVU" and that's a pretty damn dark show (IIRC, she played a victim of multiple rapes by the same perp over the course of years leading to her becoming a recluse).

aintnosin 10-02-14 12:51 AM

First episode with JLH. Not bad. I like that they didn't make a huge deal of her arrival like they did with Rossi and Prentiss. They just slotted her into the team and hit the ground running on the new case.

DJariya 10-02-14 03:09 AM

Yeah I thought tonight's premiere was fine. J-Love Hewitt's introduction wasn't a big deal. She fit in with the team just fine. Looks like she's still working off some of the baby weight.

Kind of a creepy episode with all those human limbs. And dang, Kerr Smith has aged badly. Looks like there is a human trafficking ring lingering for the BAU.

TheMovieman 10-02-14 04:12 PM

Yeah, not bad. As for Kerr Smith, he's had that gray hair for years now.

Also, ratings for CM: 2.7 (18-49), 11.5 million viewers, the most watch show of the night. That is on par with last season's premiere and finale.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/stalker-...atings-844773/

aintnosin 10-16-14 01:54 AM

Eh. guys, how about a little coordination between the stock footage, the set department, and the prop department. The shot of the plane was a 747, but the inside shots were of a narrow-body aircraft. And the blueprints that Reid posts on the wall show a 727, a plane that isn't even in active service these days.

Nice to see Pat Tallman getting work, though.

OldDude 10-16-14 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by aintnosin (Post 12271503)
Eh. guys, how about a little coordination between the stock footage, the set department, and the prop department. The shot of the plane was a 747, but the inside shots were of a narrow-body aircraft. And the blueprints that Reid posts on the wall show a 727, a plane that isn't even in active service these days.

Nice to see Pat Tallman getting work, though.

Like the Gulfstream Tardis they fly around in every week? The interior cabin set is for a MUCH larger plane than the Gulfstream. The fuselage simply wouldn't accommodate 2+1 seating, particularly in luxury first class seats.

aintnosin 10-17-14 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldDude (Post 12272208)
Like the Gulfstream Tardis they fly around in every week? The interior cabin set is for a MUCH larger plane than the Gulfstream. The fuelage simply wouldn't accomodate 2+1 seating, particularly in luxury first class seats.

Of course, it's a different TARDIS every week too.

redsea 11-18-14 05:35 PM

JLH is doing a good job.