TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad -- "Buried" -- 8/18/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-13, 10:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Buried" -- 8/18/13

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I can see Walt making a deal to help Todd's group fix their product if they take care of Jesse, like they did the other prisoners.

That would be a bummer. I don't want Jesse to die, but I definitely want him on his way to prison for a long time when the show ends.
Old 08-18-13, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
If Jesse is gonna talk I would hope he gets put in a secure safe location first and then starts talking. He knows what Heisenberg has done to other witnesses.
Maybe that happens. Maybe that's why Walt had to go to New Hampshire, to get to Jesse before he could testify?

I also don't think Jesse feels that he can be vindicated. So he might not care if he goes to jail or gets killed. He might even feel that he deserves it.

I like where they're going with Skylar. We knew Hank would approach her but I don't think many of us thought that she would openly back Walt and refuse to give him up. Her hands aren't clean in this either and she knows that but we know that she would most likely get to walk away from it if she agreed to give up Walt.
Old 08-18-13, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL Huell and Kuby
loved the lotto ticket
Old 08-18-13, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Maybe that happens. Maybe that's why Walt had to go to New Hampshire, to get to Jesse before he could testify?

I also don't think Jesse feels that he can be vindicated. So he might not care if he goes to jail or gets killed. He might even feel that he deserves it.

I like where they're going with Skylar. We knew Hank would approach her but I don't think many of us thought that she would openly back Walt and refuse to give him up. Her hands aren't clean in this either and she knows that but we know that she would most likely get to walk away from it if she agreed to give up Walt.
No surprise she backed Walt. Hank and Marie's cold approach was really terrible.

Though later in the episode she did state why she backed Walt. Her belief is that Hank has no proof. She doesn't know what is going on with Jesse.
Old 08-18-13, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No surprise she backed Walt. Hank and Marie's cold approach was really terrible.

Though later in the episode she did state why she backed Walt. Her belief is that Hank has no proof. She doesn't know what is going on with Jesse.
I also feel she believes if they nab Walt at this point that she will be implicated and will go to prison and lose her kids .... I think she showed how protective she is of the kids (in a completely opposite way Walt is)
Old 08-18-13, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope Dean Norris gets an Emmy for this, it's too bad the Emmy's for these episodes are over a year away.
Old 08-18-13, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant believe that amongst all your ideas, none of you address the elephant that was left in the room in 5/09!
walt fakes his death pretty soon.
Old 08-18-13, 10:57 PM
Banned

Todd was wearing the jacket that Walt wore in the flash forwards...
Old 08-18-13, 11:47 PM
Suspended

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KWrRPohom3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-18-13, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Marie is emotionally invested and not a professional. I give her a pass.

Hank is a fucking idiot for what he did there. A much slower play would have been in order.
Old 08-19-13, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 274 Likes on 203 Posts

Walt Jr. was conveniently absent from this episode. Was he just at school? Surprised if Hank and Marie didn't try to pick him up at the school when the day was over.
Old 08-19-13, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He must have been at a breakfast buffet. Maybe they got a Shoneys.
Old 08-19-13, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,161 Likes on 907 Posts

Pretty tense hour of television. Between Hank's meeting with Skyler and Skyler's confrontation with Marie that was some pretty good acting. I think that's Betsy Brandt's best performance on the show by far. The scene with Marie trying to take Holly was really uncomfortable to watch and you could see how scared she was for her safety and how shocked she is to learn how easily Skyler has been able to keep this secret in spite of everything that's happened.

Jesse was lacking in this episode but it's obvious he'll come into play soon enough. I think my idea earlier was correct in that he ends up confessing to his involvement in the meth cooking and Drew being killed. Hopefully that doesn't lead to him being killed off by Walt or someone hired by Walt.

Also Lydia and her involvement with the new cooks leads me to think that what some of us were talking about last week with how the White home ends up trashed and seized by the city could be true. The product isn't up to par and she's being pressured to make a better product and needs Walt to show her new cooks how to cook and something goes down where Walt is forced to cook a batch at his home and he purposely does something to save his ass and fakes his death or something along those lines. Hence the home is seized because it was a cook site and possible deaths occur there.

Last edited by Mike86; 08-19-13 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-19-13, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,038 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Walt Jr. was conveniently absent from this episode. Was he just at school? Surprised if Hank and Marie didn't try to pick him up at the school when the day was over.
I briefly thought it was going to be Junior in the car that was blindfolded, being kidnapped to force Walt to help with the meth. Would've been foolish, though...
Old 08-19-13, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm getting a bit paranoid now that Walt Jr. not being in this episode means he's dead somewhere. That would be quite the complication. It would force the two warring sides into the same room. Yep, I have this feeling that's a big part of next week's show.
Old 08-19-13, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,161 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I'm getting a bit paranoid now that Walt Jr. not being in this episode means he's dead somewhere. That would be quite the complication. It would force the two warring sides into the same room. Yep, I have this feeling that's a big part of next week's show.
Walt Jr. hasn't been in plenty of episodes. I don't see why him not being in this one suddenly leads people to think he's dead or something.
Old 08-19-13, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mike86
Walt Jr. hasn't been in plenty of episodes. I don't see why him not being in this one suddenly leads people to think he's dead or something.
True enough. I think probably a lot of us will be reading too much into every single thing about these last few eps.
Old 08-19-13, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,684 Likes on 2,650 Posts

Wow, that was an intense hour. I loved that it literally took place moments after Hank and Walt's confrontation in the garage.

Surprised that Hank called Skylar right away after the confrontation.

and wow, the scene where Marie slaps Skylar. And then the scene where Marie wanted to take the baby away. Pretty intense scenes. Kudos to the ladies in both of them.

So Lydia hired Todd and those goons to take out Declan and his men to reclaim the Meth lab and it's properties? That was a pretty ballsy power move by her.

and the line of Send him to Belize had my LOL. It took me a second to get what they meant.
Old 08-19-13, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So who is going to play those numbers now for the lottery?
Old 08-19-13, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by oblivia
i cant believe that amongst all your ideas, none of you address the elephant that was left in the room in 5/09!
walt fakes his death pretty soon.
Explains why Carol looked like she had seen a ghost. I loved that both season openers have giving us that flash forward tease.
Old 08-19-13, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow even right at the end, you can't say that Walt is a complete monster who deserves to die. He still loves his family shown when he begs Skylar to make sure the kids get the money and this was not all for nothing. Also, he completely regrets the suggestion that Hank should be killed. What do you do when you love your family, but they are also your enemy?

Hank isn't completely innocent either. Last night, he chose saving his career over doing the moral thing which would be to report Walt immediately.
Old 08-19-13, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wait! Wait! Everyone calm down!

Jesse is never going to rat out on Walt. NEVER.

Yes, he feels bad about everything they have done, and all that kind of stuff. But he won't talk. Hank doesn't have anything to help him get Jesse as an ally. Yes, he knows about Walt, but that's nothing for Jesse. The only way it could work is if Hank knew about Walt poisoning the kid or something like that.

That's why I didn't like that cliffhanger.
Old 08-19-13, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
So who is going to play those numbers now for the lottery?
What lottery has numbers above 100?

I wonder if those are real gps coordinates.
Old 08-19-13, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
What lottery has numbers above 100?

I wonder if those are real gps coordinates.
I think a lot of states have daily drawings where you pick 3 digit numbers. Looks like New Mexico does.

The GPS is for the Albuquerque studios where they film.
Old 08-19-13, 09:03 AM

Regarding the flash forwards we've seen so far........

Walt has a big ass gun in his trunk and came back for the ricin in his house. Since we saw last night that Lydia has put together a group with heavy firepower, could Walt be preparing to take them out then kill himself with the ricin?

Like other mentioned previously, maybe Lydia forces Walt to cook in his house & he fakes his death to exact revenge in the end.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.