TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 15 After Dark/Live Feed Spoiler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-13, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: Big Brother 15 After Dark/Live Feed Spoiler Thread

Originally Posted by leeta
Ugh. I just can't stand Andy or his type of gameplay. In a normal season, he would have been discovered very early on. All he did was run from one houseguest to the the other and tattle. And overact. And everyone believed him! His acting was very transparent and it's hard to believe almost no one caught on.

I was actually hoping Spencer would win Part 2 and the two of them would have sense enough to take each other to the F2. Alas, it looks like GM will have to beat Andy in a memory challenge and then be smart enough to choose Spencer. As much as GM is abrasive, bigoted and generally not a nice person, I would rather see her win than Andy....

And that is a poor commentary on a dismal season.
My counter arguement would be that Andy went into Big Brother with a plan and executed it nearly flawlessly. GM didn't even understand the game. And, really, she still doesn't b/c she wouldn't be sitting in the final 3 with two guys who were planning on taking each other to end if she did. The smart move would have been to elicit a final two promise from McCrae and evict Spencer at final four.

Now, she may very well win. It all depends on how the jury views Andy. But the only game moves GM has made is to win some comps and to be viewed as so dumb/non-threatening that she stuck around long enough to eventually find herself in an Andy organized alliance of leftovers.

You may not like Andy. I know that I don't like Andy. I think he's a snivelling little weasel. But he's been playing the game since day 1, and he has been and continues to be in the power circle of the controlling alliance since the second eviction.

Andy deserves to win.
Old 09-15-13, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
Ugh. I just can't stand Andy or his type of gameplay. In a normal season, he would have been discovered very early on. All he did was run from one houseguest to the the other and tattle. And overact. And everyone believed him! His acting was very transparent and it's hard to believe almost no one caught on.

I was actually hoping Spencer would win Part 2 and the two of them would have sense enough to take each other to the F2. Alas, it looks like GM will have to beat Andy in a memory challenge and then be smart enough to choose Spencer. As much as GM is abrasive, bigoted and generally not a nice person, I would rather see her win than Andy....

And that is a poor commentary on a dismal season.
The final challenge is usually more of a "guess the answer" contest. The jury was asked individually a question ("Your worst mistake was..." or something like that ) and the HGs are given two choices and must guess how that person responded. Keep in mind Jordan won that contest...
Old 09-15-13, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

All three are swine. Awful cast, awful gameplay, awful season. Can't be over fast enough.
Old 09-15-13, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
The final challenge is usually more of a "guess the answer" contest. The jury was asked individually a question ("Your worst mistake was..." or something like that ) and the HGs are given two choices and must guess how that person responded. Keep in mind Jordan won that contest...
She actually won a tie-breaker question. She came within 1 of the correct answer. Not that I'm obsessed with Jordan or anything.
Old 09-15-13, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Earlier tonight GM was talking about Helen and her "gook eyes," so keep that in mind (along with "n***er insurance" and her vile comments towards Candice) before deciding if she's really the person you want to see rewarded with half a million dollars.

You may not like Andy's style of gameplay, but he's really the only person left whose win wouldn't be a permanent embarrassment to the show.
Old 09-15-13, 08:18 AM
Cyn

Why are the last 3 talking to evicted house guests as if they are in the house (on the 9-13 after dark show)? They just said Jesse was already in bed and talked about McCrae, etc.. Weird...
Old 09-15-13, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyn
Why are the last 3 talking to evicted house guests as if they are in the house (on the 9-13 after dark show)? They just said Jesse was already in bed and talked about McCrae, etc.. Weird...
They were probably filming the framing sequences for tonight's clip show.
Old 09-15-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Earlier tonight GM was talking about Helen and her "gook eyes," so keep that in mind (along with "n***er insurance" and her vile comments towards Candice) before deciding if she's really the person you want to see rewarded with half a million dollars.

You may not like Andy's style of gameplay, but he's really the only person left whose win wouldn't be a permanent embarrassment to the show.
I think GMs comments to Candace as she was leaving were the worst things said in the house bar none. And the fact that no one said anything to her afterwards says much about those people.

I also do not like andys gameplay but at least he was playing. He should win over the other 2 semi-sentients.
Old 09-15-13, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by arminius
I think GMs comments to Candace as she was leaving were the worst things said in the house bar none. And the fact that no one said anything to her afterwards says much about those people.

I also do not like andys gameplay but at least he was playing. He should win over the other 2 semi-sentients.
Of course, there was the time Gina Marie was sitting around bashing Elissa with Andy and Spencer and GM was trying to figure out Elissa's family photos (in the HOH). GM figures Elissa must have gotten "knocked" up because she only recently married her husband, and her eight-year-old son looks like a "Spanish/Puerto Rican dirt monkey". It then sounds like Spencer sort of wanted to call her on that, and GM "I just sayin'...". Yeah, Gina Marie's a lovely woman.
Old 09-15-13, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Andy played pretty flawlessly the tattle tale role, and yet no one caught one or figured it out. Shame on them. He has been pretty nasty about Elissa but he has been the least of the the 3 to take it to a personal level. I want him to win because if GM or Spencer wins, the sting of losing their jobs or being put on leave of absence just won't have the same sting. And I want it to sting. Bad.
Old 09-15-13, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Andy played pretty flawlessly the tattle tale role, and yet no one caught one or figured it out. Shame on them. He has been pretty nasty about Elissa but he has been the least of the the 3 to take it to a personal level. I want him to win because if GM or Spencer wins, the sting of losing their jobs or being put on leave of absence just won't have the same sting. And I want it to sting. Bad.
That's a reason that I can accept. I can't stand Andy, but i hadn't really considered that the 2 of them will think so what, I just made a bundle anyway.

If Spencer is ultimately fired, it would still impact him if he wins the 50K compared to his total job security unless the company went under. But, he wouldn't care about losing his job if he won the whole thing. On the other hand, it would be a windfall to GM whether she comes in first or second. I'm sure losing a pageant coaching job is nothing to her in the scheme of things. Since she lives in her mom's house, her job loss probably wouldn't even have much effect on her. Also, telling Candice that her mother didn't want her was about the worst thing she could say. Her bigotry is sheer ignorance and inexcusable, but the personal attacks on Candice are even more hurtful.

Andy isn't innocent in that regard, either. He seems obsessed with Elissa and continues to make personal attacks on her constantly, which really doesn't make any sense. Elissa has no social game and is conceited, but I don't think she has a bigoted bone in her body. She just didn't interact well with others. I don't get his hate for her.

I hope Julie Chen brings up the racism/homophobia with GM or Spencer and not let them off the hook. Aaryn shouldn't be the only one taking all the heat. But I doubt this happens.

However... I can accept an Andy win, but won't like it. I don't want ANY of the remaining houseguests to be rewarded with the big bucks and the fault that they even have a chance at it lies with CBS, casting and some really dumb contestants.

The highlight of the finale will be Elissa winning the 25K and watching the others' heads explode (in their own words).
Old 09-16-13, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spenser's obsession with constantly degrading Elissa grows more disgusting each day. That guy really is a scumbag piece of shit.