Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
the parentage of Jon Snow...
Is this covered at all in future books?
Old 06-10-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones -- "Mhysa" -- Season Finale -- 6/9/13

Originally Posted by Groucho
They should just do a season where each episode features a Stark ancestor, always played by Sean Bean. At the end of each episode, his character should die in a new hilarious way.
Don't forget the overly-complicated way in each of those stories cross-over with each other. The narrator will help keep it all straight, though.
Old 06-10-13, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks to the book readers for hyping this season beyond realistic expectations.
Was it awesome? Yes, just like seasons 1 and 2 were.
Best season of TV ever? Eh, not quite
Old 06-10-13, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mhysa Jar-Jar Binks!
I couldn't stop thinking the same thing last night.
Old 06-10-13, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
Thanks to the book readers for hyping this season beyond realistic expectations.
Was it awesome? Yes, just like seasons 1 and 2 were.
Best season of TV ever? Eh, not quite
Best season of TV ever, I dunno. I thought it was definitely the best of this series so far. Also the best season finale except for the final scene which was lackluster.
Old 06-10-13, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aktick
Hints and clues are dropped here and there, but they span several books to connect some of the dots. Nothing concrete as of yet, just well researched theories
Old 06-10-13, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CRM114
What does the Hound stand to gain at this point by protecting Arya?
I have a series of questions like that, but no way I'm going to google looking for answers. It's the wild west out there for spoilers. The Hound said he was taking Arya back for the reward (money, whatever). But obviously he's not going to get that now that the Starks are decimated as a family. Yet he's still taking care of Arya. Of course there was probably always more to it than his stated reasons. After all, he did help Sansa too, when there was no obvious benefit to himself.
Old 06-10-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by aktick
Got enough crap the last time I brought this up, so I'll just link to a website that posits a strong case for who Jon Snow's mother is: http://whatculture.com/tv/game-of-th...f-jon-snow.php

Contains some quotes from the books, but no major spoilers for the TV series as it mostly covers the first novel. Nothing "Red Wedding" level here.
Old 06-10-13, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fourwalker
Yeah that occurred me too, I guess to add to his humiliation Theon is going to be doing the pee-pee dance for the rest of the show.
Spoiler:

They should just do a season where each episode features a Stark ancestor, always played by Sean Bean. At the end of each episode, his character should die in a new hilarious way.
they could always reuse "Get A Life" scripts, and just replace Chris Elliott with Bean and set it in The North
Old 06-10-13, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Yeah, no way they end with the wedding, that would be too bleak even for this show (and they do try to give at least a glimmer of hope at the end of each season, even if by now you get the feeling that it'll be shattered soon enough).

Not looking for book spoilers, per se, but why would Bolton want to be Warden of the North? They mention that the North won't forget, so won't he be pretty much hated by the people he has domain over? Was it just that he knew they were going to lose so wanted to get the most out of it, or was it just for the power (which seems to screw everyone who gets it)?

I did think it was odd that he was so afraid of Tywin that he disobeyed his King and sent Jaimie home in the first place.
Old 06-10-13, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
Not looking for book spoilers, per se, but why would Bolton want to be Warden of the North? They mention that the North won't forget, so won't he be pretty much hated by the people he has domain over? Was it just that he knew they were going to lose so wanted to get the most out of it, or was it just for the power (which seems to screw everyone who gets it)?
The Boltons are Northmen. Roose Bolton was one of Robb Stark's bannermen, and, like the Karstarks, a powerful family of the North. I would guess that the North is pretty fractured by now, with the Karstarks having pulled support from Robb. At any rate, it seems that Bolton will unite the North against the Ironmen who invaded. They may hate the Lannisters, and now the Freys, but the common man probably doesn't know much about Roose Bolton's treachery.

The fallout of the Red Wedding seems to be that the defeat of the Starks and Tullys has consolidated the power of the Iron Throne, with the North under the control of House Bolton and the Riverlands under the Freys.

Now all Tywin Lannister has to worry about is Stannis and Balon Greyjoy (who will not be likely to team up any time soon).
Old 06-10-13, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
they could always reuse "Get A Life" scripts, and just replace Chris Elliott with Bean and set it in The North
Careful, you are treading on sacred ground there...

Old 06-10-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Also, I know she's crazy and everything, but wouldn't recent events put a crimper in the marriage between Lord Baelish and Lysa? If your family gets slaughtered (and you're not a part of the Watch) don't you have some obligation to get revenge or something?
Old 06-10-13, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
They will never do a 2-year break between seasons. This show is money and HBO isn't going to let it wilt on the vine for that long.
and the child actors aren't getting any younger. They had to make a cart for Bran so Hoder can move him around instead of carrying him on his back.
Old 06-10-13, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

That scene with Arya was awesome. I'm a meek little girl. Here's a coin. *shank shank shank*
Old 06-10-13, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
Also, I know she's crazy and everything, but wouldn't recent events put a crimper in the marriage between Lord Baelish and Lysa? If your family gets slaughtered (and you're not a part of the Watch) don't you have some obligation to get revenge or something?
Not really. Lysa married Jon Arryn so she's an Arryn now. Westeros society pretty much treats women as property and her obligations don't belong with the Tullys anymore. I suppose she could go try to start some shit with the Freys and Boltons, but it's not likely.

That, and she's as crazy as a shit house rat.
Old 06-10-13, 06:37 PM

Book 2 spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm about 50 pages from finishing Clash of Kings and just happened to read Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie's escape from Harrenhal just after watching the season finale. Nice to see they used the method of Arya's first man-kill even though it was under different circumstances. I like that it was a revenge kill instead of the guard for their escape.
Old 06-10-13, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

As others have said, if they get hard up for material dues to Martin's slow pace, they could always make a prequel series. I would love to see something that ends with the Sack of Kings Landing. They could also maybe make something about Aegon the Conqueror, but that would require the budget of a major motion picture.
Old 06-10-13, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
That scene with Arya was awesome. I'm a meek little girl. Here's a coin. *shank shank shank*
Food check homie, food check!
Old 06-10-13, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
Excellent episode.

Maybe not a balls-out season finale with huge surprises...
Unless you're Theon.

Sorry......
Old 06-10-13, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like the Hound/Arya relationship forming. I think they're going to make a badass pairing. She's clever, has the need for vengeance now, AND has a first class warrior watching her back.

And with Arya looking at the coin and quietly saying "valar morghulis", I'm betting Jaqen makes an appearance next season.
Old 06-10-13, 10:53 PM
Suspended

Got enough crap the last time I brought this up, so I'll just link to a website that posits a strong case for who Jon Snow's mother is: http://whatculture.com/tv/game-of-th...f-jon-snow.php

Contains some quotes from the books, but no major spoilers for the TV series as it mostly covers the first novel. Nothing "Red Wedding" level here.
Very cool, thanks.
Old 06-10-13, 10:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hahn
I like the Hound/Arya relationship forming. I think they're going to make a badass pairing. She's clever, has the need for vengeance now, AND has a first class warrior watching her back.

And with Arya looking at the coin and quietly saying "valar morghulis", I'm betting Jaqen makes an appearance next season.
Between the Dog and Jaqen, she's got some dangerous friends!
Old 06-10-13, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I think astrofan is not a book reader. I know there has been quite the conversations about spoilers between him and others in these threads
I am a book reader, I'm just very good at not giving anything away. I can't stand "clever" people who give stuff away when they thing their not. Also I can enjoy the show without making comparisons to the books. I think this is absolutely a brilliant series. The producers are pulling over, so far, a very difficult feat. I hate this talk, "well that wasn't as bang up as episode 9" or "why don't they do this when I think it would make it better?" We are just plain lucky this exists (they just canceled by second favorite show The Borgias.)

Be thankful for having shows written by adults for adults, there's just so much shit on TV.

PS, my only complaint is so much time was spent on Theon--a pretty minor character then when the reveal was made I didn't find it remotely interesting. But even this weak point was mitigated by his sister's defiance of her father and the actress' conveyance of unstoppable determination.
Old 06-11-13, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fantastic, I am now completely convinced that is the case.

I loved the ending and loved this season. I started reading the books after Season 1 but stopped after book 3. I can honestly say that I think the series is better than the books (I very rarely have ever said that about any show or movie) and have decided to not read any more. I wish I had been surprised by the Red Wedding and wish I didn't know about one more big series of shockers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.