DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Prey" -- 3/17/13

Originally Posted by dave-o
Two words:

Windows. Down.

Explain that bitches!

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
a car going 30 mph really isn't in much danger of having a zombie stick his head through the open window to take a chomp out of you. (Just sayin') I'm sure they want to conserve gas, that's why they don't run the air conditioner.
Old 03-20-13, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand the title of this episode - i'm complaining, see? See? I'm complaining, I don't know who the "prey" was, and why do I have to use my brain to think about this? It should be explained very very very thoroughly in the episode!

Now, if I had to guess, I'd say the poor zombies in the fiery pit was the prey! Am I right? Am I, huh-huh, am I? (okay, I'll stop now.)
Old 03-20-13, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by argh923
Nice try there bucko...but every instance of a window being down so far has been while it is in park or slowly moving. Hell, last week it was like they were rubbing it in my face when they left the one legged old bag in a car with the window down AND a door open...while it was parked!

Being hot > Being dead

Harruuumph.....
Old 03-20-13, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dave-o
Nice try there bucko...but every instance of a window being down so far has been while it is in park or slowly moving. Hell, last week it was like they were rubbing it in my face when they left the one legged old bag in a car with the window down AND a door open...while it was parked!

Being hot > Being dead

Harruuumph.....

I think that the area was "protected?" Part of the Governor's turf, so it was thoroughly "scrubbed" of zombies?

Aw, forget it.
Old 03-20-13, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe the windows were down at the meet so that they could shoot out, if need be?

I've got nothing. Is it THAT big of a deal?
Old 03-20-13, 02:02 PM

I think that the area was "protected?" Part of the Governor's turf, so it was thoroughly "scrubbed" of zombies?

Aw, forget it.

Yeah...but i couldn't resist pointing it out anyways. I think my wife now refuses to watch this with me.
Old 03-20-13, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

I don't understand the title of this episode - i'm complaining, see? See? I'm complaining, I don't know who the "prey" was, and why do I have to use my brain to think about this? It should be explained very very very thoroughly in the episode!

Now, if I had to guess, I'd say the poor zombies in the fiery pit was the prey! Am I right? Am I, huh-huh, am I? (okay, I'll stop now.)
They called it "Prey" because the upcoming soundtrack features a remake of MC Hammer's "Pray," but reworked to be about zombies.
Old 03-20-13, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe the windows were down at the meet so that they could shoot out, if need be?

I think it was more of a gaffe than anything that had to do with the writing of the show.

There are gaffes in even cinematic masterpieces, so why not a simple little TV show, eh?
Old 03-20-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
They called it "Prey" because the upcoming soundtrack features a remake of MC Hammer's "Pray," but reworked to be about zombies.
Personally, I think it's due to bad writers, as they misspelled "Pray." Friggin' amateurs!
Old 03-20-13, 02:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I pretty much expect people complaining about nitpicky stuff when I read these threads now. When I talk to friends who are fans of the show we mostly talk about the stuff we liked in each episode. Here it seems to be mostly people who hate the show talking about all the stuff they didn't like (whether valid criticisms or not).

I liked the episode. I thought the Governor and Andrea in the warehouse was well done and tense. When she was crouched down behind something and he was coming up behind her I was on the edge of my seat wondering if he would see her. The bit with hiding behind the door was very cleverly done too. It was also great to see Andrea and Milton team up and I look forward to him taking a more active role now that he's opened his eyes to what's really going on. I could go on, but I suspect people are already looking to rip my post apart line by line so they can explain why I'm wrong to enjoy one of the highest rated shows on TV. Naysayers, gonna naysay.
Old 03-20-13, 03:23 PM

Not a big deal at all actually. I just like having fun with my OCD sometimes. In fact, I think it has actually improved my enjoyment of the show, as it gives me something to do during the slow parts....
Old 03-20-13, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

I mentioned it early but no one has explained the shrinking distance between Woodbury & the Prison. Early in the season it was a 2-3 day trip. After this episode it's apparently a short jog through a wide open field. Makes both groups look incompetent for not finding each other sooner.

Also never explained is when Rick & Co. found the prison, why didn't get there until months later.

And yes this is supposed to be read with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Like I said, the one unexplainable thing to me is that everyone has pinpoint precision with a gun.
Not Tyrese apparently.
Old 03-20-13, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I mentioned it early but no one has explained the shrinking distance between Woodbury & the Prison. Early in the season it was a 2-3 day trip. After this episode it's apparently a short jog through a wide open field. Makes both groups look incompetent for not finding each other sooner.
Maybe I'm missing something, but when was it a "2-3 day trip"?

Also, I think the way they kept showing Andrea at new locations emphasized she'd been walking/running for a few hours. I'd guess it's a few miles away.

Also never explained is when Rick & Co. [strike]found[/strike] saw the prison, why didn't get there until months later.
Yeah, I'll give you this...I think they just wanted to tease the prison and didn't think about it. They should've revealed it differently at the end of last season...a moving camera or something.

Not Tyrese apparently.
Fair point
Old 03-20-13, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifepawn
I pretty much expect people complaining about nitpicky stuff when I read these threads now. When I talk to friends who are fans of the show we mostly talk about the stuff we liked in each episode. Here it seems to be mostly people who hate the show talking about all the stuff they didn't like (whether valid criticisms or not).

I liked the episode. I thought the Governor and Andrea in the warehouse was well done and tense. When she was crouched down behind something and he was coming up behind her I was on the edge of my seat wondering if he would see her. The bit with hiding behind the door was very cleverly done too. It was also great to see Andrea and Milton team up and I look forward to him taking a more active role now that he's opened his eyes to what's really going on. I could go on, but I suspect people are already looking to rip my post apart line by line so they can explain why I'm wrong to enjoy one of the highest rated shows on TV. Naysayers, gonna naysay.
All discussion revolving around The Walking Dead has turned into "How Soon Will Andrea Die?" and "Gawd, I h8 Andrea DIAF!!1!." With a side helping of "Whah, my TV show based on a comic book isn't deep or well written enough!"
Old 03-20-13, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Maybe this sounds like nitpicking, but I kept thinking, how does he not see her head? Her blond hair is definitely above the box.

Also I kept wanting her to set up an ambush around a corner. She should have been able to get a pretty critical knife shot in before he can retaliate.

However, I understand she was probably scared shitless so I didn't expect it, and I know the writers weren't going to kill the governor in such a manner. I'm only saying that I wished that had happened.
Old 03-20-13, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason
With a side helping of "Whah, my TV show based on a comic book isn't deep or well written enough!"
Are comics incapable of being deep, or well written?
Old 03-20-13, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by atxbomber
Are comics incapable of being deep, or well written?
Robert Kirkman's shitty comics are.
Old 03-20-13, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts

Is there a map of the Georgia, Atlanta area that all this takes place? Like with markers of where exactly an episode took place. I know Atlanta and the CDC were real places, but what about Rick's town and the prison - it'd be nice to see them on a map. Tolkien did it for Rings, why not here, where it should be easier to map out, since a lot of it exists.
Old 03-20-13, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

There was one one google maps for the comics but it hasn't been updated in years.
Old 03-20-13, 10:30 PM
Admin

Received 459 Likes on 301 Posts

Don't take the nitpicking personally. You enjoy the show and will hopefully continue to enjoy it. I think a lot of the nitpickers secretly enjoy the show too since they keep watching and talking about it. I mean I nitpick too (probably from having watched too many apocalypse shows on the History, Discovery, NatGeo channels), but I still enjoy the TV series. I like your contributions Lifepawn, so hopefully you keep 'em coming.
Old 03-20-13, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was listening to a podcast today that asked if the governor might have been bitten while he was attacked and that he may be about to turn. I didn't pay close attention to the end of the episode, but did anyone notice anything that might suggest that?
Old 03-21-13, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's a Walking Dead podcast? What's it called?
Old 03-21-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 228 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
There was one one google maps for the comics but it hasn't been updated in years.
I posted a link to a GMap for the tv show in last week's episode, I think.
Old 03-21-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by reubs82
I was listening to a podcast today that asked if the governor might have been bitten while he was attacked and that he may be about to turn. I didn't pay close attention to the end of the episode, but did anyone notice anything that might suggest that?
He kept covering up with this coat in an odd way when he got back to Woodbury, which did make me think that something like that might have happened.
Old 03-21-13, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's a Walking Dead podcast? What's it called?
"Watching Dead" from Bald Move. I enjoy it; the guys don't cut the show any slack, though. They do a scene by scene breakdown, and then listener feedback.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.