Big Brother 14 season thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 14 season thread

Old 09-13-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: Big Brother 14 season thread

Originally Posted by stingermck
Yeah second time around Brittany gets its. Frank is just whining at this point.
Exactly. He was a very strong player, who is just pissed that he was taken advantage of and outplayed by a better player.

All of these jury members have no one to blame but themselves for letting a previous champ make it this far.
Old 09-13-12, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

I'm guessing Dan "knew" Shane would pick Danielle over him for Final Two, and Danielle would probably "go with her heart" and pick Shane over him. Dan's probably guessing Ian will be loyal to him on their Final Two deal if it comes to that, tough I think Dan would lose to Ian.
Old 09-13-12, 10:28 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Great season of Big Brother...or greatest season?
Old 09-13-12, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
I'm guessing Dan "knew" Shane would pick Danielle over him for Final Two, and Danielle would probably "go with her heart" and pick Shane over him. Dan's probably guessing Ian will be loyal to him on their Final Two deal if it comes to that, tough I think Dan would lose to Ian.
I agree. More than anything, I believe Dan just wanted to ensure his place in the final two. If Shane made it beyond this point, there was a chance Dan wouldn't make it there. But with Shane gone, Dan has a nearly 100% chance of getting to the final two because these last two alliances are both strong and Ian and Danielle wouldn't take each other.

And the thing is, Dan is a better talker than either Danielle or Ian. Ian will trip over his words and Danielle will be so shocked than Dan is throwing her under the bus talking about how he carried her that she'll crumble. Dan could very well have this, unless he's just ticked off the jury too much...in which case he'll say he really did just want to win it for Danielle :P (who I believe he'll take to the final two if he's the one who wins POV).

Last edited by JuryDuty; 09-13-12 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-13-12, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Only way Dan loses is a very bitter jury. Give them a few days to calm down and I'm sure they'll see that Dan has dominated this season.

I loved Jenn's comment last night to Julie about Dan. She said she couldn't beat him, so had to join him. You big dummy. You had him beat before you used your veto and saved his ass.

You also have to love Danielle's line right when Dan walked into her room after she won the veto.

Dan: "What are you going to do?"
Danielle: "What do you want me to do?"

That exchange perfectly describes Danielle's time in the house.

Last edited by dino88; 09-13-12 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-13-12, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
Only way Dan loses is a very bitter jury. Give them a few days to calm down and I'm sure they'll see that Dan has dominated this season.
I don't think he can beat Ian only having the live Q&A. Did you see how excited Ash and Brit were when Frank told them that Ian won HOH? Brit is still on team Ian, and she's running that jury. Since Shane will never vote for Dan, he would have to run a clean sweep on all non Brit, Ash, Shane players which is very unlikely.
Old 09-13-12, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I don't think he can beat Ian only having the live Q&A. Did you see how excited Ash and Brit were when Frank told them that Ian won HOH? Brit is still on team Ian, and she's running that jury. Since Shane will never vote for Dan, he would have to run a clean sweep on all non Brit, Ash, Shane players which is very unlikely.
Britney may like Ian, but I can't see her voting for him. She respects the game too much not to vote for the best player.
Old 09-13-12, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Britney may like Ian, but I can't see her voting for him. She respects the game too much not to vote for the best player.
Agree to disagree. She didn't vote for the best player last time.
Old 09-13-12, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every juror ever always votes for there number 1 ally. And no one is necessarily bitter for doing that.

If anything Britney voting for Lane in season 12 showed a complete lack of bitterness since she absolutely felt way more betrayed by him even though objectively Hayden was the most dominant that season.
Old 09-14-12, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He is gonna get steamrolled by Ian even though Ian has essentiallly played the same bad strategic game as Matt did in BB12 trusing the Quack Pack the way Matt trusted the Brigade when he was absolutely disposable to the alliance once he got rid of Frank for them.

Swearing on the bible to religious people and then swearing on your wife to a guy that is all about family to a guy like Shane he absolutely deserves to lose those peoples votes. People can say oh there just being bitter which isn't untrue but at the end of the day you reap what you sew and one should always use there backstabbing selectively and do it in the least personably hurtful way.
Old 09-14-12, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Great season of Big Brother...or greatest season?
I am enjoying this way more then the last few seasons but season 6 and 3 are still the gold standards of just sheer entertaining crazyness.

I was worried this season would nosedive when Britney left but luckily it didn't.
Old 09-14-12, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hoping for a Dan/Danielle final 2 with Dan giving a speech talking bad about Danielle's gameplay where she might have a breakdown on live tv and not even be able to give her own speech.
Old 09-14-12, 02:31 AM

But...but...but he didn't lie except when he had to, and that doesn't count b/c he would have been loyal to whoever saved him and the fact that at one point he had final 3 with everyone in the house doesn't mean anything b/c he was honest and a man of integrity. People lying to him is clearly much different.

Oh and what a douchebag move with the "Daddy's home" when he got to the jury house.
Haha yea, Frank showing off what an obnoxious, hypocritical dick he is.

Dan deserves to win this season by far, he is probably second to only Dr. Will all time. They all signed up for a game to win money, lying isn't against the rules, so I don't consider any of that off limits or too shady or anything. He has played them all like a fiddle and they have let him, nobody to blame but themselves.
Old 09-14-12, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leeta
I don't see how it's possible, but it looked like Danielle may have been considering Dan's explanation that he was doing this all for her. That evicting Shane was just so SHE would win. Just crazy...
Actually I think he was telling her the truth. Regardless of his gameplay, I think he honestly wants take her to Final 2.

Yes he knows it should be easy to have the jury go "Yeah she didn't do anything, Dan did it all" and give him the money. But he stuck with her from coach to player throughout the game.

Everyone's calling him shady. But he was honest and loyal to who he wanted to be from Day 1.
Old 09-14-12, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Everyone's calling him shady. But he was honest and loyal to who he wanted to be from Day 1.
How is evicting Shane, when he said he would evict Ian, being honest to her???
Old 09-14-12, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

But...but...but he didn't lie except when he had to, and that doesn't count b/c he would have been loyal to whoever saved him and the fact that at one point he had final 3 with everyone in the house doesn't mean anything b/c he was honest and a man of integrity. People lying to him is clearly much different.

Oh and what a douchebag move with the "Daddy's home" when he got to the jury house.
Frank has been an ass since Day 1. A small thing, but it always irritated me that he referred to Julie as "Jules" like they were old friends. The way someone does when they are trying to impress people with who they supposedly know. Boogie only made his douchiness worse. It was like a competition as to who could be the most obnoxious. Ring..Ring..
Old 09-14-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
How is evicting Shane, when he said he would evict Ian, being honest to her???
Cause he knows its a showmance so help end it early and save internet humiliation?
Old 09-14-12, 03:43 PM

Here's what Dan told Shane as he was walking out the door (from people that DVR'ed it and then filtered the audio):

"She's been playing you the whole time. Ask Jenn."

Not sure if Shane didn't hear Dan or pretended to not know when he was talking to Julie on the live show.

Wow, Dan's ruthless but even I think that's too much and dirty (and I'm rooting for Dan to win.)
Old 09-14-12, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

I think Dan' might be a sociopath.

It's fucking creepy how easily he lies and manipulates people to his own ends. He's very skilled at cozying up to people, telling them what they want to hear, and screwing them over as soon as he's finished using them. It doesn't seem like something that one would just turn on and off when he's playing Big Brother, but a skill that's been well-honed and well-practiced.

One thing I find particularly disturbing is how he presents himself as being religious and sits around reading the Bible. And then he goes so far as to swear on the Bible and his wife to things that he has no intention of honoring. It's like his religion is just another tool in his toolbox that he uses to screw with people.

He keeps fucking around with Danielle (who, herself, is probably a pathological liar) -- he'll dick her around for his own ends, then tell her what he did was best for her, and then she'll be apologizing to him and ready to repeat the cycle.

I'd really hate for him to be a teacher at a school I sent my kids to, or for him to be married to someone I cared about.

I don't think I watched much of season ten... Was he like this the first time around? Christ, he's a bigger sack of shit than Will or Boogie could even aspire to be.
Old 09-14-12, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't think he's a sociopath, I think that he's able to understand (unlike many other players in the game), that in a microcosm where values generally aren't rewarded, there's no advantage to having them. He's essentially gaming everyone else by utilizing values that are important outside the game, but really don't translate in any meaningful way to the game. People like Frank and Shane can be as mad as they want, but they've lost and Dan is still there.
Old 09-14-12, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dad1153
Here's what Dan told Shane as he was walking out the door (from people that DVR'ed it and then filtered the audio):

"She's been playing you the whole time. Ask Jenn."

Not sure if Shane didn't hear Dan or pretended to not know when he was talking to Julie on the live show.

Wow, Dan's ruthless but even I think that's too much and dirty (and I'm rooting for Dan to win.)
That makes them showing that clip of Dan and Danielle talking after the eviction even more bullshit. Dan was able to have the last word and as far as Shane knew Danielle was just as guilty as Dan. Then they go and show Shane their conversation and he now knows that Danielle had no idea about Dan's plan. The houseguests should not be allowed to see any footage of the house after they are evicted. BB screwed Dan.
Old 09-14-12, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think Dan' might be a sociopath.

It's fucking creepy how easily he lies and manipulates people to his own ends. He's very skilled at cozying up to people, telling them what they want to hear, and screwing them over as soon as he's finished using them. It doesn't seem like something that one would just turn on and off when he's playing Big Brother, but a skill that's been well-honed and well-practiced.

One thing I find particularly disturbing is how he presents himself as being religious and sits around reading the Bible. And then he goes so far as to swear on the Bible and his wife to things that he has no intention of honoring. It's like his religion is just another tool in his toolbox that he uses to screw with people.

He keeps fucking around with Danielle (who, herself, is probably a pathological liar) -- he'll dick her around for his own ends, then tell her what he did was best for her, and then she'll be apologizing to him and ready to repeat the cycle.

I'd really hate for him to be a teacher at a school I sent my kids to, or for him to be married to someone I cared about.

I don't think I watched much of season ten... Was he like this the first time around? Christ, he's a bigger sack of shit than Will or Boogie could even aspire to be.
You've decided that you believe Dan's a sociopath who truly isn't religious and that you wouldn't want him to teach your children all from watching Big Brother?

Impressive.
Old 09-14-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lying to me is an acceptable part of the game but I find his persona and house behaivor in general just really sleazy it is something that has never bothered me about really any other finalist in the history of the show which includes some people who were even bigger liars then him. Danielle clearly has a ton of emotional issues it is something that doesn't real come across on the tv edit but it is clear on the live feeds I see his manipulation of her as just kind of creepy and it's a line that almost borders on bullying and sadism .
Old 09-14-12, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Lying to me is an acceptable part of the game but I find his persona and house behaivor in general just really sleazy it is something that has never bothered me about really any other finalist in the history of the show which includes some people who were even bigger liars then him. Danielle clearly has a ton of emotional issues it is something that doesn't real come across on the tv edit but it is clear on the live feeds I see his manipulation of her as just kind of creepy and it's a line that almost borders on bullying and sadism .
Yes, lying and breaking deals is a part of games like this. What I find disturbing is the ease with which Dan does this. It doesn't seem like a skill one would suddenly discover when they're dropped into the Big Brother house or Survivor island. Dan has this sort of charm that makes people trust and follow him, and forgive him when dicks them over. He's a very good liar, and very skilled at manipulating the people around him.

And agreed that there's a lot more to Danielle than is being shown on the CBS program. She's particularly thin-skinned and emotional (she was freaking out for days over the Zingbot's restraining order joke), and what Dan is putting her through comes off as being particularly cruel. She actually broke out in hives after Dan ripped into her at his "funeral," and his betrayals and manipulations have had her on long crying jags on multiple occasions. But he's her coach and he's doing it for her.

Danielle is no angel, but a lot of this stuff is just fucked up.
Old 09-14-12, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

To me, this season is like watching some kid bully a special needs class. It's off-putting. Yes, lying is part of the game but relating to people on a personal level and building trust in an intimate way only to rape their souls is hard to watch.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.