Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hell's Kitchen -- Season 10 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-12, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,738 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-06-04

Award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay spices up the 10th season of HELL'S KITCHEN with 18 new competitors and a two-night season premiere event on Monday, June 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Tuesday, June 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. These aspiring restaurateurs will brave Ramsay and his fiery command of the kitchen as he once again puts the competitors through an intense culinary academy to prove they possess the right combination of ingredients to win the life-changing grand prize: a head chef position working under Executive Chef Kevin Hee at Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris Las Vegas. Hoping to impress Chef Ramsay, the contestants leave the pleasantries at the door as tempers flare and things get hot in the kitchen, as well as in the dorms and during the eliminations. In the premiere episode, the chefs are divided into the red (women) and blue (men) teams. Then each must present his/her signature dish to Chef Ramsay and pray he doesn't spit them out!

Here's this season's knuckleheads:

http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/bios...rbie-marshall/

I need to post this as well:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ucihhWjcNqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't fricking wait.

FYI, Hell's Kitchen was renewed through season 12. Season 11 will premiere in the Spring after Fringe ends on Friday nights.
Old 06-04-12, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Hell's Kitchen -- Season 10 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

Hell to the yeah!!! Bring it on. Been needing a Ramsay fix for awhile now.
Old 06-04-12, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometime during the past 10 seasons the show has become mainly about how trashy and loud the chefs are. But you know, that's fine with me.
Old 06-05-12, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Loved it. The show stayed true to form. Pathetic opening dinner service by everyone. Has this show ever had a good 1st dinner service? Embarassing launch for the 10th anniversary of Hell's Kitchen.

at Ramsay once again saying...."It's Raw!!" You could literally play a drinking game with that.

Tavon was a no-brainer for 1st elimination. at Ramsay ripping him to shreads at how he mangled the scallops. And he's seriously an Executive Chef?

at the Men overall. They were hilariously pathetic. They couldn't even get 1 fucking appetizer out.

The woman weren't that much better either. at Roshni screwing 3 or 4 plates in a row of Scallops and then Ramsay having enough.

Looks like we have interesting characters this season. Throwing out 3 people in the 1st dinner service has to be a 1st.

I have to work early tomorrow, so I will watch MasterChef when I get back from work.
Old 06-05-12, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I'm hooked watching it but after watching the complete BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares on Netflix (and comparing it to the US KN) I can't help seeing how scripted and phony our reality shows are.
Old 06-05-12, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 504 Likes on 330 Posts

Didn't get the point of the head shaving fake out. Seemed doubly pointless for the audience since seconds earlier we were show a montage of upcoming events and no one had their head cut.
Old 06-06-12, 02:14 AM

Every season starts with some kind of psyche out. Anyone who's watched hell's kitchen before knew that was a joke.
Old 06-06-12, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say they want to have some real competition on Hell's Kitchen, Ramsey has to tell Fox he wants the next group of contestants to all be people from Master Chef.

Get some REAL cooking done!
Old 06-06-12, 09:23 AM

I have to question why any diners would sign up for the first 3 or 4 shows. It takes about that long before you have a realistic chance at getting something to eat.

While they don't show it, I have to wonder if any of them ever go to the kitchen during the off hours to practice their skills. It doesn't appear so. Then again why would any chef go on without knowing how to cook scallops and beef wellington as you know they will be on the menu and are 2 of his hot buttons.
Old 06-06-12, 10:50 AM

I agree....I simply do not understand how a contestant would go on this show and not be very familiar with how to cook scallops and/or beef wellington...... It is just like contestants going on the show Survivor, not knowing how to create fire...it just boggles the mind.
Oh well...so far, so good.
Old 06-06-12, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

wait for the rissoto being cooked wrong.... nooooooo you idiots...
Old 06-06-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

I loved the predictability of Ramsey keeping the cause of drama around

I'm betting though that Barbie isn't as big a problem as these bitches are making her out to be.
Old 06-06-12, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Even if the diners don't get food, I believe I read a blog where they said they get $50 and there's an open bar. Plus it's probably a pretty fun way to kill a night.

If I ever were a contestant, I'd make sure to get dessert for the first couple services. No way you're gonna have to go from there.

Haven't finished ep 2 yet, but is Don giving anyone else an extreme Dylan Baker vibe?
Old 06-06-12, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

So Barbie = this seasons Elise.
Old 06-06-12, 06:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beef Wellington, scallops, risotto, and cigarettes.
Old 06-07-12, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Even if the diners don't get food, I believe I read a blog where they said they get $50 and there's an open bar. Plus it's probably a pretty fun way to kill a night.

If I ever were a contestant, I'd make sure to get dessert for the first couple services. No way you're gonna have to go from there.

Haven't finished ep 2 yet, but is Don giving anyone else an extreme Dylan Baker vibe?
They don't pay for the food either. Everything is free for the patrons since they know exactly why they're there and what their chances are of actually getting served.
Old 06-07-12, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
So Barbie = this seasons Elise.
We'll see. I had the same thought but its still only the 2nd episode. She doesn't seem quite that bad yet.
Old 06-07-12, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
We'll see. I had the same thought but its still only the 2nd episode. She doesn't seem quite that bad yet.
Wait till she starts shaking her head side to side and rolling her eyes.
I don't think Robyn is there for the long run. She's too cute and he seldom keeps the lookers around. Maybe his wife decides that for him.
Old 06-07-12, 12:26 PM

He kept Bonnie around forever and even brought her back for an ep in a later season. It does seem like Robyn has at least some sort of skill
Old 06-08-12, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's no way Barbie is anything like Elise. Elise thought her shoes didn't stink from day 1 and was very self-righteous. Barbie just comes off as a dumb blonde.

I think the Elise of this season is that one massive white girl with the red hair or the fatty from Vermont. She thinks she's the greatest.

I absolutely love how this show is so formulaic. I was cracking up just at the fact that they were preparing risotto and beef wellington. It wouldn't be summer without it.
Originally Posted by barelypure
She's too cute and he seldom keeps the lookers around. Maybe his wife decides that for him.
His wife doesn't have to worry since Robyn revealed she was a lesbian when they were on the yacht.
Old 06-08-12, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the part in the clip where they're going "Who did Chef Ramsey make a phone call to?"

I just went "Its going to be the guy's father giving him a "get your ass in gear" talk."
Old 06-11-12, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up with last Tuesday's episode.

Remember, new episode tonight.

at how pathetic both kitchens are to start out the season.

at how Chris said his mind was "frazzled" That guy was very odd. Of course that was going to get him voted out.

And of course Ramsay wasn't going to get rid of Barbie. You have to keep that tension going with those fat bitches Tiffany and Kimmie and Robyn.

Can we have a third straight episode where he throws at least one of the kitchen's out again?
Old 06-11-12, 02:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My love for this stupid show defies all logic. It's the same damn thing, episode after episode, season after season. Yet, I can't seem to get enough of it.
Old 06-11-12, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
There's no way Barbie is anything like Elise. Elise thought her shoes didn't stink from day 1 and was very self-righteous. Barbie just comes off as a dumb blonde.

I think the Elise of this season is that one massive white girl with the red hair or the fatty from Vermont. She thinks she's the greatest.
Well all signs so far point to Barbie being the new Elise. There has to be one every year, I guess.
Both think they were gods gift to a kitchen, both couldnt cook for shit, and both dragged their respective teams down so far that their entire team wanted to get rid of them.
Old 06-12-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 177 Likes on 141 Posts

As soon as blondie volunteered to go up because "I'm not worried about going home" I knew she was done.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.