Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hell's Kitchen -- Season 10 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen -- Season 10 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Hell's Kitchen -- Season 10 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

It looks like this Clemenza also prefers to leave the gun and take the cannoli.
Old 06-12-12, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
Well all signs so far point to Barbie being the new Elise. There has to be one every year, I guess.
She's a bad cook and doesn't seem too bright but she's so fucking far from being even close to Elise-bad. That woman was absolutely horrifying.
Old 06-12-12, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will admit that her almost getting her ass whipped for stomping around to wake everyone up was realistic. But can anyone really be that stupid and/or petty. She already knows everyone on the women's team hates her but this only gets the men to hate her as well.
Old 06-18-12, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,738 Posts

Bump

New episode tonight

Chef Ramsay once again pits the women against the men, but this culinary challenge tackles cuisine never before showcased on HELL'S KITCHEN - Mexican! Executive Chef John Sedlar from Rivera Restaurant and Owner/Executive Chef Thomas Ortega of Ortega 120 Restaurant come to HELL'S KITCHEN to test the contestants' creations. Tune in to see which contestants have enough spice to make it to the next round on the "14 Chefs Compete" episode of HELL'S KITCHEN airing Monday, June 18 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/MT/PT) on FOX. (HK-1005) (TV-14 D, L)

Read more: Listings - HELL'S KITCHEN on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1yCiLjJfC

I'm a little behind, will try to get caught up tonight.
Old 06-19-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Best comedy on TV IMO
Old 06-20-12, 10:42 AM

I wish they wouldn't create such obviously fake situations with the horrid editing. Manufactured drama is one thing but this show takes it to a whole new level. That last shot of Ramsay deciding which mexican dish was the best at the end of the challenge cut to the same shot of him thinking 3 f'n times in like 10 seconds. Not to mention the promo for this episode made it seem like the whole meat on the fish plate was some huge sabotage and it was a completely pointless part of the episode! GET OUT!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-12, 11:08 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I really hate this new thing about episodes ending half way through

Before at least everything right up to the elimination was in one episode
Old 06-21-12, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea, it's lame as hell. This is not the kind of show that needs to end on a cliffhanger.
Old 06-21-12, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the cliffhanger from the Monday ep meant there was going to be some game changer announced on Tuesday. But nope, just a "You're gone, life continues" definitely seems like they could have trimmed to make it into a complete episode
Old 06-21-12, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They're doing these half-shows to milk the season longer. They don't have two seasons to air this summer so they need to spread it out to fill up schedule space.

I don't care for that at all. This past episode didn't even have a dinner service. Ugh.
Old 06-25-12, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk God

I just got caught up with the last 2 weeks and that was bullshit that they ended the last 2 weeks on cliffhangers. There was absolutely no reason to end the episode from 2 weeks ago when Danielle got voted out on a cliffhanger.

And those 3 fashion people who were judging the food in last week's episode were IMO the epitome of pretentious assholes.

Hopefully this week's 2 episodes are better.
Old 06-27-12, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
And those 3 fashion people who were judging the food in last week's episode were IMO the epitome of pretentious assholes.
How about that shrew that was "directing" the fashion show. Gotta love how she was busting the girls balls to lug in the stage pieces, but wasnt doing a damn thing to assist in the endeavor.
I cannot wait until "New Elise" finally gets hers. She doesnt have any talent other than bad mouthing her teammates and picking ass ugly glasses.
Old 06-27-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the behemoth is the most grating character and her mini me the most clueless. But all the guys seem like girly men. Weird cast.
Old 06-27-12, 11:52 AM

Robyn is cute is a slutty sort of way. Dana looks to be immature. Christina has some promise but I don't see her winning out. Tiffany is hard to look at. Barbie is an empty shell. Kim is this season's joke. She has some talent but not the background to carry her.

Patrick is barely hanging on. Royce will tap out in the final 5. Justin won't make it to 5. Brian is good. Clemenza is better. Not that I think he will win. He's not fancy enough.
Old 06-27-12, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stopped watching the ep. and deleted Kitchen's season from my DVR the moment Anita Lo awarded three stars on the final dish to the women's team. I don't think I've ever seen a more egregious example of scripting/manipulation on reality TV.

No idea how this show generates an audience with its repetitive meals (scallops, Wellington, etc.), faux dinner services, and foul-mouthed, hideous contestants. And one of this season's freaks is going to lead a team at one of Ramsey's restaurants? RIGHT.

I'm out.
Old 06-27-12, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 504 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Stopped watching the ep. and deleted Kitchen's season from my DVR the moment Anita Lo awarded three stars on the final dish to the women's team. I don't think I've ever seen a more egregious example of scripting/manipulation on reality TV.
Not sure what about that stuck out as so egregious to you. You mean you think one of the producers walked up to her and told her to give the woman 3stars so they would win?
Old 06-27-12, 02:37 PM

All of the "competitions" come down to the final vote, it's never a clear victory. Extremely scripted. I'll finish the season but Masterchef is the far superior show now. We actually get to see people cook on that show, and their dishes get rated.
Old 06-27-12, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 504 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by discostu1337
All of the "competitions" come down to the final vote, it's never a clear victory. Extremely scripted. I'll finish the season but Masterchef is the far superior show now. We actually get to see people cook on that show, and their dishes get rated.
Yes, but the competition is not being shown in real time. The order the dishes are brought up to the judges is not neccessarily the same order they are edited in. Events are shifted around in their presentation to maximize the drama, but that doesn't mean there is chicanery going on beind the scenes.
Old 07-02-12, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Bump

Don't forget. New episode tonight with those Donkeys.
Old 07-03-12, 11:42 AM

It looks like Barbie has fallen into the background in favor of the tension between Robyn and Kimmie.

Why do the guys hate Clemenza so much? He has saved their behinds on a couple of occasions.

And, now we have another cliffhanger after steak night??

I also noticed Gordon is going to be ripping off the Travel Channel's Hotel Impossible. Are we to believe he is an expert on hotels now?
Old 07-03-12, 11:17 PM

Extremely tired of hearing Robyn shoot her mouth off. I've been watching Hell's Kitchen since the first season and this was, by far, the most bickering I have ever seen on this show.

But I'll tune in next week.
Old 07-04-12, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This bunch of chefs are one of the worst. I still think last season's group was worse, but this one is pretty rotten. Royce is talentless but for some reason he's still sticking around.

Does anybody just want to slap Tiffany and Robyn? Tiffany is nothing but pure, fat white trash and Robyn wants to be a dude so bad.
Old 07-05-12, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly
This bunch of chefs are one of the worst. I still think last season's group was worse, but this one is pretty rotten. Royce is talentless but for some reason he's still sticking around.

Does anybody just want to slap Tiffany and Robyn? Tiffany is nothing but pure, fat white trash and Robyn wants to be a dude so bad.
Robyn looks like the guy from the Springstein band....
Old 07-05-12, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by gr8vette
Robyn looks like the guy from the Springstein band....
Well showing her in that tshirt wasn't very flattering. Her bumpies are so small she could easily pass as one of the guys.
Old 07-05-12, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate guys like Brian. That ultra-douchey, annoying type who couldn't shut up to save his life.

Robyn is a fucking nutcase, so, of course, they'll be keeping her around for a while.

Kimmie looks like the cave troll from Lord of the Rings.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.