Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hell's Kitchen -- Season 10 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen -- Season 10 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-12, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Hell's Kitchen -- Season 10 Thread -- Mondays/Tuesdays (FOX)

After being on this show, I'm often left wondering how many of them can still get jobs in the culinary world afterwards. Someone like Kimmie I could only see this show ending her career.
Old 07-07-12, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
After being on this show, I'm often left wondering how many of them can still get jobs in the culinary world afterwards. Someone like Kimmie I could only see this show ending her career.
I've always wondered what happened to former contestants. Apparently, they decided in the midst of the first season that the show cast the contestants in a bad light and made sure the winner never gets the prize they seem to promise (they changed the prize at the end of the first season and no winner ends up running a kitchen, unless its in their own home). Since they choose contestants with lesser culinary educations, poor social skills, bad habits (it seems like everyone is given a "carton of Luckeys" going into the show) and seemingly sketchy hygiene. The show reflects on its contestants so poorly I can't imagine anyone with serious culianary aspirations going on the show, since I can't imagine that it would ever be a "plus" in anyone's resume.
Old 07-07-12, 09:49 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No one in this show is capable of being the head chef of anything more than a food truck
Old 07-07-12, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
No one in this show is capable of being the head chef of anything more than a food truck
There's some talent that comes through on this show. Rock and Dave were really top of the line and deserved head chef positions. Dana from a couple of years ago was very good, as well.

Mostly everyone is a hack. I mean would you want someone like Clemenza running your restaurant? I can see them being head chefs at some Z-grade restaurant like a place Ramsay would visit on Kitchen Nightmares.
Old 07-09-12, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,738 Posts

Caught up with the last 2 episodes from last week last night.

at that whole bitch-fest between Robyn and Kimmie. That was hysterical and annoying. I really wanted the Red team to self destruct.

at Tiffany saying that she's a 9 out of 10 in caring. That white trash bitch is such an ugly person (both inside and out)

I would say the most likeable people on the Red side and who I'm rooting for are Dana and Christina.

Poor Patrick. I know he was really trying, but failed miserably being a good leader in the kitchen.
Old 07-09-12, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,738 Posts

Remember, another new episode tonight with these jokers:

Chef Ramsay once again pits the Blue Team against the Red Team in a high-stakes culinary challenge that forces the chefs to think on their feet. As he whittles down the playing field, Chef Ramsay adds to the intensity by inviting three very special diners to dinner service. Tune in to see who gives their special guests the VIP treatment and who chokes under the pressure on an all-new "10 Chefs Compete" episode of HELL'S KITCHEN airing Monday, July 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/MT/PT) on FOX. (HK-1011) (TV-14 D, L)
Old 07-10-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think I've ever wanted to repeatedly punch a contestant in the face more than Brian.
Old 07-10-12, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting to where I can't stand their individual camera comments. To me it interrupts the flow of the show.

On a side note, I wouldn't have guessed Christina was gay and I'm not sure her coming out added to the Beckham drama.
Old 07-10-12, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
What season were you on?
Old 07-10-12, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by barelypure
On a side note, I wouldn't have guessed Christina was gay and I'm not sure her coming out added to the Beckham drama.
I really wouldn't have guessed so either. Here's a picture of her and her girlfriend.

She was also head chef at a lesbian owned restaurant in Philly. Odd that Robyn was complaining about women and periods and all that but she's gay, so who I don't know what's going on there.

Not at all shocked by the results, though. Royce had no chance. And I still want to slice Tiffany's fat face off.
Old 07-11-12, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by postermen
What season were you on?
LOL Not me being on the show, but them being on the show.

Took me a minute to figure out what you meant.

When they let disabled chefs on the show, I'll be shocked.
Old 07-11-12, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
I really wouldn't have guessed so either. Here's a picture of her and her girlfriend.

She was also head chef at a lesbian owned restaurant in Philly. Odd that Robyn was complaining about women and periods and all that but she's gay, so who I don't know what's going on there.

Not at all shocked by the results, though. Royce had no chance. And I still want to slice Tiffany's fat face off.
Gay women have periods too.
Old 07-11-12, 03:57 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still like the show but it seems its less about cooking and more about the drama. I guess thats the results of selecting trash as contestants. Master Chef seems to be more on track. Kitchen Nightmares UK was way better than the US version too. Seems like Chef Ramsey has kinda sold himself out to the North American market.
Old 07-11-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Fok
I still like the show but it seems its less about cooking and more about the drama.
The entire series, since its inception, has been like this.

It surprises me how that's pointed out every season in these threads but if you want reality cooking then watch a show like Top Chef where there's talent, not Hell's Kitchen.
Old 07-12-12, 10:17 AM

The entire series, since its inception, has been like this.

It surprises me how that's pointed out every season in these threads but if you want reality cooking then watch a show like Top Chef where there's talent, not Hell's Kitchen.
Besides they pretty much cook the same thing every show/every season. I tune in for the drama, not the cooking.
Old 07-12-12, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by barelypure
Besides they pretty much cook the same thing every show/every season. I tune in for the drama, not the cooking.
Exactly. Does their culinary prowess really make or break it with beef wellington and risotto every night?
Old 07-14-12, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Exactly. Does their culinary prowess really make or break it with beef wellington and risotto every night?
Yet, why can they never cook a Wellington or risotto or scallops? Do these contestants just never watch the show before being on it? Its the same thing season after season.
Old 07-14-12, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Fok
Seems like Chef Ramsey has kinda sold himself out to the North American market.
He's a complete sellout. The British Kitchen Nightmares was actually a good show, but now he cashes a hefty paycheque for the overwrought Fox trash.
Old 07-16-12, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
He's a complete sellout. The British Kitchen Nightmares was actually a good show, but now he cashes a hefty paycheque for the overwrought Fox trash.
I totally agree. Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares from the UK is one of the best reality shows ever. Ramsay narrates, and actually gives a shit. Most of his shows from the UK are great (The F Word, Ramsay's Best Restaurant, Boiling Point).

I'm pretty sure he went bankrupt at some point so these are just for the cash. I love to see him swear and yell at people so it's still good to a point but Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares US & the upcoming Hotel Hell are the prime examples of manipulated, trash tv.
Old 07-16-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 177 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by skacore
I totally agree. Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares from the UK is one of the best reality shows ever. Ramsay narrates, and actually gives a shit. Most of his shows from the UK are great (The F Word, Ramsay's Best Restaurant, Boiling Point)
I completely agree with this, but...
Originally Posted by skacore
I'm pretty sure he went bankrupt at some point so these are just for the cash. I love to see him swear and yell at people so it's still good to a point but Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares US & the upcoming Hotel Hell are the prime examples of manipulated, trash tv.
I can't possibly hold that against Ramsay. He's become the biggest celebrity chef in the world and is raking in the results hand over fist. Good for him, it's not like he didn't work to get where he is. He can be 'true to his craft' or whatever when the iron is no longer hot and he has enough bank to enjoy it. In the mean time he is giving people what they want, which is good for business.
Old 07-18-12, 08:51 AM

Finally he dumps Tiffany and not a moment too soon. I'd literally cringe every time they showed her troll looking face on TV. I have to believe that Barbie and Kimmie can't be far behind. Hopefully Gordon has noticed that Clemenza screws up his 1st dish but is pretty solid after that.
Old 07-19-12, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 504 Likes on 330 Posts

Glad to see Tiffany go. I know its been weeks, but every time they cut to her all I can remember is her sitting on the floor during prep farting up a storm and giggling like an imbecile. Everytime I see her I think, 'What a pig.'

I guess the editors thought so too. I was dying laughing that each reaction shot of her in the kitchen tonight was when she was popping another bite of food into her mouth.
Old 07-19-12, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 177 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
Glad to see Tiffany go. I know its been weeks, but every time they cut to her all I can remember is her sitting on the floor during prep farting up a storm and giggling like an imbecile. Everytime I see her I think, 'What a pig.'

I guess the editors thought so too. I was dying laughing that each reaction shot of her in the kitchen tonight was when she was popping another bite of food into her mouth.
My favorite moment was Chef Andi laying into her. Chef Andi is teh hot...especially when she's pissed off.
Old 07-24-12, 07:02 AM

Ha Alan Tudyk was there and yet they didn't actually show his name like they do other celebrities. Surprised they didnt show more of him either.
Old 07-24-12, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by mortalplague
Ha Alan Tudyk was there and yet they didn't actually show his name like they do other celebrities. Surprised they didnt show more of him either.
I thought that was him...husband totally thought I was seeing things. Since his new show is on a different network thought I might have been mistaken, glad to know somebody else saw him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.