Game of Thrones -- "A Man Without Honor" -- 5/13/12

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones -- "A Man Without Honor" -- 5/13/12

Old 05-14-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Game of Thrones -- "A Man Without Honor" -- 5/13/12

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
Okay, I didn't remember that, but my question is what do the Iron Born know of his penchant for walnuts?

And I have to admit, I didn't even see at first they were walnuts.
Theon lived with them for years, he would have known. The better question is how his 2nd knew (what is his name?). He's the one who was obviously behind the whole "plot".
Old 05-14-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
See and I thought this was ham fisted and obvious. The heart to heart all the while with the kid inching closer and closer. I was all "Just choke him out already!" I thought that was way too stretched out for the obvious conclusion.
You had an idea what was coming, but to me it was still a shocking scene nonetheless. It also showed how depraved JAime is and I don't think we've seen how viscous he is up until now (besides banging his sister and throwing Bran out of the window, that is. ).
Old 05-14-12, 10:38 AM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm guessing that maybe there was a deleted scene where the trackers kept finding walnut shells, and made the association.
Old 05-14-12, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Old 05-14-12, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

These threads are so dangerous; a banning around every corner it sometimes seems. That's why I changed my sig. Just in case one of my guesses is too close to the book.
Old 05-14-12, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
You had an idea what was coming, but to me it was still a shocking scene nonetheless. It also showed how depraved JAime is and I don't think we've seen how viscous he is up until now (besides banging his sister and throwing Bran out of the window, that is. ).
When alton talked about squiring for Jamie was the greatest moment of his life, and will remember it on his death bed or whatever.. I was thinking oh he is going to get it,.
Old 05-14-12, 10:48 AM

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I'm guessing that maybe there was a deleted scene where the trackers kept finding walnut shells, and made the association.
Now I am more confused. Didn't Bran say they couldn't go there? I thought they in fact did not travel to the farm.
Old 05-14-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now I am more confused. Didn't Bran say they couldn't go there? I thought they in fact did not travel to the farm.
The ending would imply that they did travel to the farm but we really don't know for certain Pharoh.
Old 05-14-12, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 450 Likes on 344 Posts

That's what I initially thought, but then Osha said 'We had a good start on them, but we can't outrun hounds forever," leaving it open as to whether they would go to the farm or not.
Old 05-14-12, 11:26 AM

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
That's what I initially thought, but then Osha said 'We had a good start on them, but we can't outrun hounds forever," leaving it open as to whether they would go to the farm or not.
Maybe they bypassed the farm, but have been inadvertently leaving walnut shells like a trial of breadcrumbs for the trackers. The trackers reach the farm, torture those living on the farm thinking they must be abetting Bran, his brother, Osha, and the giant. They kill all of them out of frustration and hatch the plan to burn the two kids there, to later display them at Winterfell?

Thos.
Old 05-14-12, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick View Post
me thinks
Spoiler:
those were the bodies of Jack and Billy (the two orphans) but I am aware anything can happen in this story
I think it was beyond obvious that that is the case. Surprised to see so many people believing it is actually the Stark boys. I haven't read the books.

BTW, to those that have read the books, was Jaime's escape written the same way? I thought it was pretty ludicrous.

Really, really want to see what happens with Jon Snow.
Old 05-14-12, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The escape did seem kind of pointless. One scene he is escaping and the next he is caught again by the same people.
Old 05-14-12, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
The escape did seem kind of pointless. One scene he is escaping and the next he is caught again by the same people.
It wasn't pointless, it's getting all of the Stark soldier's riled up, wanting to kill him. I just thought the execution of the escape (and the moments leading up to it) were handled terribly. Seemed really unbelievable that the guard would be that stupid, and that no one else would be around to notice it going on.
Old 05-14-12, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,322 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
It wasn't pointless, it's getting all of the Stark soldier's riled up, wanting to kill him. I just thought the execution of the escape (and the moments leading up to it) were handled terribly. Seemed really unbelievable that the guard would be that stupid, and that no one else would be around to notice it going on.
I would think that, with all of the men at the camp, they would have more than one guard on their highest value prisoner. Especially when they put another prisoner in with him.
Old 05-14-12, 12:30 PM

BTW, to those that have read the books, was Jaime's escape written the same way? I thought it was pretty ludicrous.
Spoiler:
No
Old 05-14-12, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thos19 View Post
Maybe they bypassed the farm, but have been inadvertently leaving walnut shells like a trial of breadcrumbs for the trackers. The trackers reach the farm, torture those living on the farm thinking they must be abetting Bran, his brother, Osha, and the giant. They kill all of them out of frustration and hatch the plan to burn the two kids there, to later display them at Winterfell?

Thos.
Everybody seems to be overlooking the obvious answer. Osha and Bran probably planted the walnut shells near the farmhouse in the hopes that Theon would mistakenly kill the orphans and they'd get away scot free.

No?
Old 05-14-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know you were joking but Bran did say they should avoid the farm so they did not get innocent people hung.
Old 05-14-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
Everybody seems to be overlooking the obvious answer. Osha and Bran probably planted the walnut shells near the farmhouse in the hopes that Theon would mistakenly kill the orphans and they'd get away scot free.

No?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L7e3RK_xSvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"And a stroke of luck:  Twenty-two material witnesses die of unnatural causes!"
Old 05-14-12, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
Jaime dispatching the Frey kid. Didn't see that coming.
That wasn't a Frey; Jaime killed his cousin, Alton Lannister, son of the only fat Lannister.
Old 05-14-12, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
No
Can you give some details about how it was handled in the book? Unless it spoils things we haven't seen yet in the show.
Old 05-14-12, 01:05 PM

Can you give some details about how it was handled in the book? Unless it spoils things we haven't seen yet in the show.
I don't think this will spoil anything in the show...

Spoiler:
Basically, Tyrion sends some dudes to bust Jaime out. They are discovered, but Jaime manages to kill a bunch of other guys in the process of being recaptured. The net impact is the same: many of Robb's bannermen are clamoring for Jaime's head.

The reason they couldn't do this on the show:

Spoiler:
In the book, Jaime is being held in a castle, not traveling as part of Robb's camp.
Old 05-14-12, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first season was so much better ...
Old 05-14-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think this will spoil anything in the show...
I think the book's scenario played out better than what we saw last night but it is what it is.
Old 05-14-12, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think with all these questions about who did what and walnuts and showing this and not showing that it all points to one glaring thing:

Cramming all this content into 10 episodes is a detriment to the show.

Jamie's escape was stupid. It felt like they took him out to kick around for the guards death while the sun came up. Not that he got away, was hunted, and caught.
Old 05-14-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think it was beyond obvious that that is the case. Surprised to see so many people believing it is actually the Stark boys. I haven't read the books.
Who believes it was the Stark boys?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.