TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones -- "A Man Without Honor" -- 5/13/12

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Game of Thrones -- "A Man Without Honor" -- 5/13/12

Originally Posted by pinata242
Killing Ned, who confessed to treason in front of the people and the gods, is worse than hunting down two young boys and burning them? Okay...
In that world? Yes.
Old 05-14-12, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dalbowski
Not sure why that needed spoiler tags but that was my guess.
I was just being sensitive to others
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114
I don't think Theon has reached Joffrey levels at all. Joffrey killed Ned and is a total douche. Theon seems like he's still uncertain about all of this.
Theon is a man without a place -- treated well by the Starks and yet still a hostage no less and his captivity was long enough that he is not really thought of as a Greyjoy either. He's trying to make his own way and is not finding much success so far.
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Very uneven episode, IMO:

snip
There is no Jeyne in the show. It's Talisa. You need to stop directly comparing this to the source material. Besides, you'd be happier in the other thread.

Also if you think something is ham-fisted or missed the mark, maybe just wait until the next episode or the season is over? This show isn't meant to have stand-alone episodes.
Old 05-14-12, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Niagra Falls?! Slowly I turned...step by step...inch by inch...

You magnificent bastard!

Another great episode. I loved Dance and the girl sparring again.
Old 05-14-12, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Another thing that doesn't make sense IF it wasn't the Starks (and I'm sure it wasn't) was Theon's reaction to seeing the bodies. Surely he knows they were not them.

I guess it was a reaction simply to killing two innocent children. My guess is his 2nd in command realized they would not find the Starks, knew that if Theon couldn't produce the boys he would face a mutiny, and then decided they should kill the boys who lived at the farm in a way that they couldn't be identified. That is why he told Theon to send the Maester away, not to spare him the sight as I first suspected, but so he wouldn't reveal the plan. The youngest Stark made a point to mention the two boys who lived at the farm earlier in the episode. What I can't figure out is what the walnut shells have to do with that. Maybe it was just a red herring to throw off the viewers.
That would be my guess, unless walnuts supposed to be some sort of status food that you wouldn't find in a small community.
Old 05-14-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by andicus
That would be my guess, unless walnuts supposed to be some sort of status food that you wouldn't find in a small community.
If you're going down this path, why not just assume that guy carried the shells from Winterfell and didn't find them at the farm?
Old 05-14-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you're going down this path, why not just assume that guy carried the shells from Winterfell and didn't find them at the farm?
Ah, that makes sense.
Old 05-14-12, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember a few episodes ago when Bran was holding court at Winterfell? Rickon was sitting beside him smashing walnuts before Bran told him to stop. He apparently loves them. I think thats the connection that they are implying.
Old 05-14-12, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There is no Jeyne in the show. It's Talisa. You need to stop directly comparing this to the source material. Besides, you'd be happier in the other thread.
I find your endless self-assigned policing of these threads really annoying. After being an irritating nit-picker for a few weeks, you've now graduated to trying to tell me what thread to post in. Who are you?

Also, when did I compare anything to the original material? Who gives a shit what her name is? The point remains. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Also if you think something is ham-fisted or missed the mark, maybe just wait until the next episode or the season is over? This show isn't meant to have stand-alone episodes.
This doesn't even make sense, I now can't have an opinion about a scene until the entire season plays out?
Old 05-14-12, 10:18 AM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts

I find your endless self-assigned policing of these threads really annoying. After being an irritating nit-picker for a few weeks, you've now graduated to trying to tell me what thread to post in. Who are you?

Also, when did I compare anything to the original material? Who gives a shit what her name is? The point remains. Stop putting words in my mouth.

This doesn't even make sense, I now can't have an opinion about a scene until the entire season plays out?
Perhaps you shouldn't have an opinion until the entire series plays out. That really is the only way. Except of course for the one and only arbiter.

Though I wonder, by that logic can anybody have a favourable thought on an episode?
Old 05-14-12, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't tell you to not post, I pointed out that you'd feel more comfortable there.

Constantly? You're calling her Jeyne which isn't her name so it's very clear how you're approaching the material. Again, just trying to help you.

You can, my point is that after 17 episodes, maybe you give them the benefit of the doubt before saying it failed?
Old 05-14-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

God forbid anyone criticizes anything about GoT!
Old 05-14-12, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaime dispatching the Frey kid. Didn't see that coming.
See and I thought this was ham fisted and obvious. The heart to heart all the while with the kid inching closer and closer. I was all "Just choke him out already!" I thought that was way too stretched out for the obvious conclusion.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't tell you to not post, I pointed out that you'd feel more comfortable there.
Who asked you?

Constantly? You're calling her Jeyne which isn't her name so it's very clear how you're approaching the material. Again, just trying to help you.
Did I ask for your "help"?
DVD Talk Hero

I criticized earlier, but I guess that goes against your current hyperbole.
Old 05-14-12, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thrush
Remember a few episodes ago when Bran was holding court at Winterfell? Rickon was sitting beside him smashing walnuts before Bran told him to stop. He apparently loves them. I think thats the connection that they are implying.
I know what they were implying (they telegraphed that). I was just agreeing with DeputyDave that it could be a red herring, unless walnuts are supposed to be really uncommon.
Old 05-14-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Who asked you?

Did I ask for your "help"?
Then at least take a few seconds to do your own fact-checking before you further blur the line between book and show information and what can be considered spoilers by those that don't know.
Old 05-14-12, 10:25 AM

Exactly. It seems there are certain works of entertainment that their fans won't tolerate any criticism, even when warranted. Nothing is perfect. And most every single person I've seen who has mildly criticised an episode or scene, has also praised other aspects of the show. It isn't blind criticism or trolling.
Old 05-14-12, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superfro
See and I thought this was ham fisted and obvious. The heart to heart all the while with the kid inching closer and closer. I was all "Just choke him out already!" I thought that was way too stretched out for the obvious conclusion.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Every time he moved closer, I figured he was about to get it.
Old 05-14-12, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Then at least take a few seconds to do your own fact-checking before you further blur the line between book and show information and what can be considered spoilers by those that don't know.
Name a spoiler in my post. I'm done with you.
Old 05-14-12, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-14-12, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Name a spoiler in my post. I'm done with you.
You're silly. If you seriously cannot follow this logic based on how others view things and the history of these threads with things like "Stormborn", then there's nothing to be done.

Keep calling Talisa by the name of someone not even in the show and see where that gets you.
Old 05-14-12, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Thrush
I know what they were implying (they telegraphed that). I was just agreeing with DeputyDave that it could be a red herring, unless walnuts are supposed to be really uncommon.
Okay, I didn't remember that, but my question is what do the Iron Born know of his penchant for walnuts?

And I have to admit, I didn't even see at first they were walnuts.
Old 05-14-12, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really loved this episode. In fact, it might be my favorite of the second season. It's probably because of the abundance of Jaime though. His dialogue with the cousin was great even though it seemed obvious to me what was going to happen. I really hope he gets more screen time this season.

Cersei's talks with Tywin and Sansa admitting that she has no idea what to do with Joffrey were really good too. Nice to see that while she loves her child, she's not blind to his actions.

Those location shots with John are amazing. I'm still awed every time by how perfectly it works for north of the wall. Too bad he didn't take Ygritte up on her offer while he still had the chance.

Can't wait for next week.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.