Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-16, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, castin

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Can someone tell me where the recent season ended in relation to the book? ~#100?
My understanding is that Negan first appears and kills X in issue 100 of the comics.
Old 05-18-16, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,788 Likes on 1,919 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, castin

Yeah, Negan killed ***** in issue #100 of the comic, in the middle of a storyline called "Something to Fear."
Old 10-16-16, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,697 Likes on 2,657 Posts

FYI

2 hour documentary recap of seasons 1-6 tonight on AMC.

It's called The Journey So Far. Has interviews with cast and producers.

If you missed it. It re-airs Monday at Midnight.

Looks like Sarah Wayne Callies and Jon Bernthal were too busy to participate.

At the end, they show the post beating scene from the premiere as a sneak peak. No spoiler on who though.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-17-16 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-16-16, 11:49 PM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, Negan killed ***** in issue #100 of the comic, in the middle of a storyline called "Something to Fear."
OMG, he killed KENNY!
Old 10-17-16, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoiler:
i swear its maggie and the baby. No way can it be glenn and Abe. Does nothing to make the audience care. Also Rick loses his hand in this one

gonna suck
Old 10-17-16, 09:26 AM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts

My money is still on
Spoiler:
Aaron or Sasha.

If not one of them, then it's
Spoiler:
Abraham.

They don't have the balls to off
Spoiler:
Maggie or Darryl.

... and I'm in the camp that
Spoiler:
Rick loses his hand in the premiere.
Old 10-17-16, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
My money is still on
Spoiler:
Aaron or Sasha.

If not one of them, then it's
Spoiler:
Abraham.

They don't have the balls to off
Spoiler:
Maggie or Darryl.

... and I'm in the camp that
Spoiler:
Rick loses his hand in the premiere.

i just cant see how the first one will ever have any impact on the viewer. I frankly wouldnt care.
Old 10-17-16, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
Spoiler:
i swear its maggie and the baby. No way can it be glenn and Abe. Does nothing to make the audience care. Also Rick loses his hand in this one

gonna suck
That will have the most impact and I am fine with it. I still think it will be Aaron as this show likes to make statements about how things will have a huge impact etc...and then never does.
Old 10-17-16, 04:17 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

no way Rick loses his hand.

Kirkman lamented doing that in a fucking comic book as he felt it too creatively restrictive, let alone a tv show.
Old 10-17-16, 06:39 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 940 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
FYI

2 hour documentary recap of seasons 1-6 tonight on AMC.

It's called The Journey So Far. Has interviews with cast and producers.

If you missed it. It re-airs Monday at Midnight.

Looks like Sarah Wayne Callies and Jon Bernthal were too busy to participate.

At the end, they show the post beating scene from the premiere as a sneak peak. No spoiler on who though.
This was a really good recap special. I didn't have time to see all them again so this was really well done...
Old 10-17-16, 10:36 PM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My opinion two people get it
Spoiler:
both Abraham and Glenn. Abraham can't stand still watching Glenn getting his head bashed in and tries to defend him and gets killed in the process.
But I also think we won't find out who actually gets it at least until the second episode maybe even further into the season than that. No way they show the death in the season opener. It'll be a tease that everyone talks about for the next week or two.
Old 10-17-16, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be fine with Abraham, never been a fan.

If it's any of the "A" characters I won't be happy.
Old 10-18-16, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

It's insane thinking that they have had to have been filming the new season and nothing leaked yet. Like, those who got killed, do they stay on set until the episode airs and then leaves?
Old 10-18-16, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Pretty sure it has leaked. I keep seeing the same name(s) being rumored, at least. Either way, it's confirmed that it will be revealed in the premiere. It's not getting stretched out.
Old 10-18-16, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jacob_b
It's insane thinking that they have had to have been filming the new season and nothing leaked yet. Like, those who got killed, do they stay on set until the episode airs and then leaves?
There are people watching the on-location/outdoor filming, and it's not difficult to deduce who got Lucilled by who is and isn't showing up to film scenes.

Go to the "Spoiling Dead Fans" facebook page for more info.
Old 10-18-16, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts

The premiere can't come soon enough... and not because I'm psyched for it, but because we can stop speculating and Yahoo can calm the fuck down over potential spoilers and dissecting trailers.
Old 10-18-16, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 291 Likes on 183 Posts

At least Yahoo is not inundating us with nonstop GoT articles. It's so bad during the season.
Old 10-18-16, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

it happens in the first couple of minutes.

and again... if it is the names being quoted... thats dumb and anti climatic.
Old 10-18-16, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Pretty sure it has leaked. I keep seeing the same name(s) being rumored, at least. Either way, it's confirmed that it will be revealed in the premiere. It's not getting stretched out.
It's still not really a direct leak, I think it's impressive that it's still based off of speculation from filming other episodes rather then a direct source or someone who actually saw the episode.
Old 10-18-16, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
It's still not really a direct leak, I think it's impressive that it's still based off of speculation from filming other episodes rather then a direct source or someone who actually saw the episode.
i will say this

Spoiler:
you will be pissed when it isnt the character that should have died. Its gonna have an effect.
Old 10-18-16, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
i will say this

Spoiler:
you will be pissed when it isnt the character that should have died. Its gonna have an effect.
I don't even know why you spoilered that comment.
Old 10-18-16, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I don't even know why you spoilered that comment.
lol.. unsure why... i think i did it just to make sure i dont reveal who it is. maybe just a way to prevent me from me
Old 10-18-16, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is it that big of a mystery to everyone?

Just curious, but don't most people know who Negan killed in the comic book? I mean, even though the tv series changes up deaths quite a bit, it's still a damned big target on that character.
Old 10-18-16, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Is it that big of a mystery to everyone?

Just curious, but don't most people know who Negan killed in the comic book? I mean, even though the tv series changes up deaths quite a bit, it's still a damned big target on that character.
it is but you were already taken through emotions the first time. To do it a second time really is a downer. I mean its a shock but not nearly enough for someone to wait this long.
Old 10-18-16, 05:05 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

I just don't think they'd tease Glenn's death at the dumpster for a couple of episodes and then have a cliffhanger where Glenn is the character known to be killed by Negan in the comics just to, you know, kill Glenn.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.