Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: One World -- "Bum-Puzzled" -- 3/07/12

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-12, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Survivor: One World -- "Bum-Puzzled" -- 3/07/12

"Manono Tribe, what you have just done is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent discussions were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought it. Everyone in the viewing audience is now dumber for having seen it. I award none of you the million dollars, and may God have mercy on your soul. "
Old 03-08-12, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you had told me before this episode that I would end up rooting for the women, I would never have believed you. But at this point I want them to destroy the men. They might be a bunch of bitchy entitled princesses, but at least they're not stupid and self-destructive. How in the hell did Colton end up running the show? This is the same guy who tried to defect to the women's team and has done nothing but carry on like a brat and insult everybody. So you make him the de facto leader??? Why, because he has an idol? There's a pretty easy solution to that problem. Why are the older weaker guys so intent on eliminating all the young athletic guys that they're willing to lose challenges to the women? That's a pretty backwards strategy. Maybe you should concentrate on winning challenges and getting to the merge with superior numbers before worrying about post-merge potentialities with your own teammates. Every time a tribe has cannibalized its most athlethic members right out of the gate in the past it has ended disasterously. But these guys apparently think they can make a go of it. What a bunch of morons. Why didn't a single person object to the voluntary tribal plan? How did it benefit any of them (even Colton)? The three guys who aren't in the alliance and know they're on the chopping block all agreed to it. They rationalized that since Lief was under fire, it took heat off of them. How? They just sped up their own execution dates. Why not refuse to go along with the plan and buy more time? Hey, if Lief is really in hot water then maybe next time they'll target him instead of you and you buy another day. How about using the situation to your advantage and recruiting Lief into your counter-alliance? Maybe he doesn't bite, but it's worth a try at least. I mean the guy can't enjoy getting run down by Colton all the time and having the others call him a duplicitous traitor. What a perfect opportunity to put an arm around him and destroy Colton's alliance. I absolutely can not fathom their logic. This is easily the dumbest group of people I have ever seen, and that's saying a lot when you consider past seasons. They should all just forfeit now and spare us all the frustration. Unbelievable.
Old 03-08-12, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was such a great episode. I would go far as to see Colton has solidified himself as the greatest villian in reality tv show history in one episode. If this show is not nominated for Best Reality Show at the next Emmy's I am protesting.
Old 03-08-12, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
And after seeing Colton, no jury would convict you.

This isn't entertaining villainy either. I just want to fast-forward when I see his face on the screen. And I really will have to bail if this season devolves further into the Colton show.
Couldn't agree more. I often root for the "villains" on reality shows because usually they're more interesting than everyone else. But there is nothing redeeming about Carlton. Hes vile.
Old 03-08-12, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

In non-Colton discussion...

I was actually looking forward to Alicia getting voted out. And I was kind of half-watching the immunity challenge--not till I watched it again did I realize it was Chelsea failing with Alicia and not Kat. I guess they know better than to run Kat first.

And Jeff made it pretty clear that it's not cheating to look at the other team's completed puzzle.
Old 03-08-12, 01:39 AM

Alicia is trash. Figures that she's an educator. No wonder public education is so deplorable with the likes of her and Naionka.
Old 03-08-12, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Colton is real life trolling. Only question is whether he's a plant or doing this on his own.

If I'm Bill, after Jeff calls my name, I am breaking Colton's nose.

And way to have another puzzle that would allow the weaker team to catch up by copying.

Last edited by Finisher; 03-08-12 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-08-12, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

The Men are so beyond stupid. One of the biggest WTF episodes of the entire series.

WTF is up with Tarzan and even dumbass Bill trying to suck Colton's dick? I don't know why Tarzan thinks that annoying piece of shit is so important to the tribe and Bill wouldn't let that stupid issue go. It looked like he really wanted to be that Queen B's friend and kiss/makeup.

and Lief, Good Christ that dude is dumb.

I hope one of the girls will pull this out. I can't imagine any of those clowns winning it.
Old 03-08-12, 03:50 AM

i don't understand why colton is still in charge. i know he was a swing vote a coupla eps back, but why are they still allowing him to lead? because of the idol? that doesn't make sense. plus, after tonite, if these guys don't see what a despicable human being he is all is lost. i have never seen anyone act so badly on any realty show, including the ones with fights. it was like he's never been socialized. survivor must have seen this in interviews and knew he would act ridiculous in some way, as he did with the women in the beginning. he really should be afraid to show his face in public. as i listened to him i thought, this guy could be dead tomorrow.
Old 03-08-12, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomgirl
I can't stand Colton, what an obnoxious horrible human being. If they were smart, and they apparently are not....after that tirade...they should have voted his ass off. It would have been the best blind side ever.
I was chanting at the TV screen: "Vote Colton off!". As I stated in the other thread, I will not be watching until he gets the boot. I watch the show for fun. Not to get pissed off. He pisses me off beyond words.
Old 03-08-12, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Anyone else have a problem with Tarzan? What a freaking tool -- and a plastic surgeon to boot.
Old 03-08-12, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I was chanting at the TV screen: "Vote Colton off!". As I stated in the other thread, I will not be watching until he gets the boot. I watch the show for fun. Not to get pissed off. He pisses me off beyond words.
Agreed. I dont know if my blood pressure can handle another episode with him. I would think even the Russell haters have to agree Colton is the worst.
Old 03-08-12, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Colton just replaced whoever's photo was next to the word "smug".
Old 03-08-12, 08:09 AM

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
This was such a great episode. I would go far as to see Colton has solidified himself as the greatest villian in reality tv show history in one episode. If this show is not nominated for Best Reality Show at the next Emmy's I am protesting.
There is a difference between being a villain and just being vile.

Originally Posted by Finisher
Colton is real life trolling. Only question is whether he's a plant or doing this on his own.
I'm wondering if he is really like that or just playing a character for the show. It would take a lot of effort to be in character 24/7.

Props to Bill for his exit comments.
Old 03-08-12, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by joliom
Alicia is trash. Figures that she's an educator. No wonder public education is so deplorable with the likes of her and Naionka.

I really liked Bill--you could tell he really wanted to punch Colton in the temple, but he did tribal classy & went out classy. Seemed like a cool dude. Quite unlike the other morons in the tribe...
Old 03-08-12, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Meh, as long as my girl Kat is safe I'm good. She's young, cute, and dumb and fully understands that she's all those things which shows more self realization than most people can muster. The men can go screw themselves which is probably exactly what Colton will have them doing soon enough. I can't really hate on the guy since he's so blatantly over-the-top and open about his evilness but I can hate the dimwits who're enabling his behavior for no appreciable reason or gain.
Old 03-08-12, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
There are villains and there are assholes. A villain is someone you hate but is so intriguing that you can't stop watching. It's fun to root against them. An asshole is someone you hate and don't want to see any more of.

Colton is an asshole and he's clearly the guy the producers have decided to focus this season on. Knowing that, I'm done with this season for now. I'll keep track of these threads and wait till he gets voted off and then I'll join back up.

Oh and Chelsea is hot.
Old 03-08-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm Bill, after Jeff calls my name, I am breaking Colton's nose.
I was hoping he'd "accidentally" drop his torch on Colton's head.
Old 03-08-12, 09:54 AM

Let's start the movement to get Bill the $50,000.00 for favorite survivor contestant. He's out so early, I doubt anyone would remember him, but I would LOVE to see the look on asshat's face when that happens!
Old 03-08-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
And Jeff made it pretty clear that it's not cheating to look at the other team's completed puzzle.

And way to have another puzzle that would allow the weaker team to catch up by copying.
They have got to put an end to this. How is it fair that the other team can look at a person's puzzle, finished or in process, and it be a fair challenge? This pisses me off as much as the men's tribe itself who are a ball-less bunch of idiots.

How a group of people could allow one guy who is hateful, lazy, and just an obvious all around bad person convince the entire tribe to go to tribal council just to vote a guy that said asshole doesn't like? It just honestly blows my mind. None one of these guys have a spine in their body. Why isn't there talk of flushing the idol out? Why is Tarzan defending this asshole while he is completely destroying Bill who has really done nothing to Colton.

Where are the balls on this tribe? I kept expecting at least one guy to say to Colton, you are fucking nuts and this is the dumbest decision ever. Not one person had the guts.

And thanks Colton for giving Alabama yet another black eye. Every time it seems we may make a little progress in the eyes of the nation, some asshole knocks us back down and reinforces every stereotype decent Alabamians deal with everyday. Ugh.
Old 03-08-12, 10:11 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bill had the most articulate comebacks to the vile that was being spewed at him that I've ever heard. He handled it very well. He's the only guy from that tribe that I can respect. I like the idea of voting him the favorite survivor of the season.
Old 03-08-12, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
They have got to put an end to this. How is it fair that the other team can look at a person's puzzle, finished or in process, and it be a fair challenge? This pisses me off as much as the men's tribe itself who are a ball-less bunch of idiots.
Agree with it or not, but I'm guessing the producers want the challenges to be close games as much as possible. It makes for more interesting TV if it's a photo finish instead of a total shut-out. And since the whole theme of the show includes outwitting and outplaying, if there's no rule against cheating, then by all means, cheat. It's a totally fair play if there's no rule against it.
Old 03-08-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bet the women had no idea the havoc Colton would caused by giving him the HII so early in the game.
Old 03-08-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If the men weren't such pussies they would have surrounded the puzzle or knocked it down so the women couldn't use it.
Old 03-08-12, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
There are villains and there are assholes. A villain is someone you hate but is so intriguing that you can't stop watching. It's fun to root against them. An asshole is someone you hate and don't want to see any more of.

Colton is an asshole and he's clearly the guy the producers have decided to focus this season on
. Knowing that, I'm done with this season for now. I'll keep track of these threads and wait till he gets voted off and then I'll join back up.

Oh and Chelsea is hot.
I don't think it's fair to say the producers have decided to focus on him. He's the main source of drama so far. He is running the show on the men's side and has also had a major impact on the women's side (HII, trying to join their tribe, and now last night's events). If the producers didn't show him as much as they have, we would have no idea what is currently going on in the game and what may result from all this in future episodes.

I actually think they've done a pretty good job this season of letting us get to know a lot of the contestants early on. It's not the producers fault that Colton has his hand in everything that seems to be happening out there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.