Breaking Bad -- "Open House" -- 7/31/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad -- "Open House" -- 7/31/11

Old 08-01-11, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Open House" -- 7/31/11

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...ontent=Twitter

Very interesting read. AMC and Sony are currently in negotiations for a 5th and possibly final season. AMC wants to cut costs and they only want a 6-8 episode season. The Producers of the show said No. Sony is shopping the show to other networks should a deal not be reached.
Old 08-01-11, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as I love the show, they definitely need to end it before too long. The way they're playing it I could see this season being Walt usurping Gus and the last season being Walt's fall from the top, although you never quite know what to expect with Breaking Bad. Still, I'm surprised AMC would be pinching pennies when it comes to Breaking Bad but give The Killing a full thirteen episode second season.
Old 08-01-11, 07:43 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

BB does decent numbers and is a pretty cheap show in the first place.
Old 08-01-11, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Skeighlure

Great episode. Love that they are getting Hank back into the storyline. Damn - Jesse's storyline is getting seriously dark. Yuk at those parties.
Old 08-01-11, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite part of the season so far is that it seems to be getting colder, so actors are wearing heavy clothes. Im hope winter comes or a season focus on time passing.

How the fuck does AMC not kiss the hairy beanbags of the producers and give them what they want? The only reason people first turned into this station was for BB
Old 08-01-11, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 840 Likes on 587 Posts

The class level on Jesse's party guest list sure has dropped a few notches.

Marie seems to have a similar strategy at handling her problems as Jesse. Jesse escapes his thoughts being doing something/anything and trying to be around people, while Marie escapes Hank and tries to be someone else while stealing stuff.

I also don't quite understand how Walt/Skyface can explain where they got the funds to buy a carwash. Even if they plan on going through a loan process and paying interest (even if fake), how can they explain their passing the loan approval process in their supposedly bad financial situation? Plus, as already mentioned, isn't paying Hanks medical bills cause for suspision as it is?

I also agree that Skyfist should've prepared the fake inspector guy more with answers to possible questions. He could've even had the books with him to be able to read the stuff himself and to prove it to the owner.
Old 08-01-11, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...ontent=Twitter

Very interesting read. AMC and Sony are currently in negotiations for a 5th and possibly final season. AMC wants to cut costs and they only want a 6-8 episode season. The Producers of the show said No. Sony is shopping the show to other networks should a deal not be reached.
Stupid. AMC has no skills--they just got lucky with BB and Mad Men. They should be holding onto BB for dear life.
Old 08-01-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast

Also...yeah it's a promo picture, but I still have to say: It is pretty damn funny to see all of these characters posing for the camera like they're on CSI. Also the fact that Walt Jr. is in the same space as Gus, Mike, etc.
Yeah, this "promo" just doesn't feel right for this show... it's better than that
Old 08-01-11, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I know these shows are expensive to produce, but AMC shouldn't all of the sudden decide to play hard ball with these studios. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead put them on the map and made their network talked about. I think they are slowly overtaking FX for quality non-premium, non-fluff scripted cable shows. This is only going to backfire on them and piss off studios from dealing with them.
Old 08-01-11, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

And the fact that they're already spending multiple thousands of dollars for Hank's medical expenses.
And Walt didn't have any trouble buying a fully furnished condo.
Old 08-01-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Seriously AMC wants a shortened final season? And they already had money issues with Mad Men and The Walking Dead...whoever is in charge there better bow down to Weiner and Gilligan daily. At least Gilligan himself wanted to end it with five seasons, give him the full season. AMC needs to realize that these shows aren't just "put them on the air and look at the ratings the next day." They will exist for years after they've gone off the air. Putting the best quality into them will only help them in the long run.
Old 08-01-11, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Who's a bigger ****, Skylor or Betty Draper? It's close, but I'm going with Betty.
Old 08-01-11, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Great episode once again. The Skyler plot was good in this episode and I like that we're seeing her turn bad somewhat too. The Hank and Marie stuff was good too. Hank is such a dick to Marie this season and I kind of feel bad for her but god is she stupid. Jesse continuing his downward spiral is sad to see hopefully he can pull himself out soon. I've wondered about his neighbors like someone else said, you'd think one of them would have called the cops by now.

Spoiler:
In the preview for next weeks episode I wonder if the fingerprints found at the scene are Jesse's or Victor's. I don't seem to recall Jesse actually touching anything at the scene, unless it was the shell casing.

As far as AMC trying to shorten the next season (which if I remember right creator Vince Gilligan said would be the last) if they honestly do that fuck them. I mean the show is one of the best things on the air right now and they're lucky to have it. It really deserves a proper send off and a full final season.
Old 08-01-11, 11:27 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Who's a bigger ****, Skylor or Betty Draper? It's close, but I'm going with Betty.
It's not a close call. Betty isn't just a ****, she's a useless ****. At least Skylarp pitches in.
Old 08-01-11, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
She did great because the writers wanted it to work out that way. This is one of the few examples where I think Breaking Bad has gone the lazy route rather than the logical route. When you think about it, it really doesn't make sense that the guy would just sell his car wash so quickly without evaluating his options. Not to mention he just had an offer from Skyler, and then some random guy who is the regular's replacement is suddenly gone? Seems suspicious, and you'd think he would've double-checked or called someone to follow up, especially since he knew he was using the right types of chemicals and not causing any harm to the environment.
Well, he did give him a suspicious look, and he did ask about his "normal" guy. Maybe he's been bribing his normal guy; maybe he hasn't been totally 100% environmentally compliant and he knows it.

I'm not sure how much time has passed (a week? two?) since Skiler made the first offer.

I think the key to making it work is that HE called Skylr back up. If SHE called him, I'm sure it would be very, very suspicious. But with him calling her, I'm sure he feels like he's the one screwing her over. It takes a hunk of the suspicion away.

As far as the funds for the car wash, someone else posted that. Saul already said that the fake gambling "wins" are going to supply the seed money to buy a money laundering business. I dunno why Skiller is being so weird about the champagne though.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 08-01-11 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-02-11, 04:49 AM

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Seriously AMC wants a shortened final season? And they already had money issues with Mad Men and The Walking Dead...whoever is in charge there better bow down to Weiner and Gilligan daily. At least Gilligan himself wanted to end it with five seasons, give him the full season. AMC needs to realize that these shows aren't just "put them on the air and look at the ratings the next day." They will exist for years after they've gone off the air. Putting the best quality into them will only help them in the long run.
Yeah seriously, what the fuck are they doing?
They have 3 quality shows winning tons of awards and one of them is the highest rated cable show ever.
Then they want to cut costs for all 3!?
Old 08-02-11, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Certainly no misogyny here, guys!
Old 08-02-11, 08:29 AM
Banned

This episode looked like it was filmed in Schuyler, NE.
Old 08-02-11, 08:33 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Ah, the ol' "misogyny" accusation, because a woman certainly can't be (breaking) bad. Right...

I actually liked the turn with Skyler, first time I've actually liked her in the series really, and I guess it's because of her turn towards the bad side. Why is she doing it? To help Walt to Hank's bills can continue to get paid, or is there more to it?

(And the Skyler spellings are gold.)
Old 08-02-11, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenMonkey

I dunno why Skiller is being so weird about the champagne though.
My guess, is that she's being petty. Hank freaked out about the messages she left an episode or 2 ago. It's payback.
Old 08-02-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Wait...is your argument that Betty Draper isn't a ****, or that people just shouldn't say she is?
Old 08-02-11, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not even close. Apples vs Oranges.

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
It's not a close call. Betty isn't just a ****, she's a useless ****. At least Skylarp pitches in.
The only time I've disliked Skyler is when she had sex with the other guy. She's really smart and sometimes makes Walt look dumb. Like in this episode.

Originally Posted by superfro
Wait...is your argument that Betty Draper isn't a ****, or that people just shouldn't say she is?
LOL!

And fuck AMC! If they screw Breaking Bad I'm not watching this channel anymore, except for Mad Men of course.
Old 08-02-11, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I knew my post would draw you out, and you fell for it!

And you're right, whenever a woman does something selfish and awful, a man's adverse reaction towards her is born of pure misogyny. Always!

Actually, the real **** will be AMC if they cut the number of episodes.
Old 08-02-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superfro
No one here will listen to my answer anyway so what's the point?
Old 08-02-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Pshcler is my favorite character on the show. Mostly because she spells her name the same way my sister does.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.