The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

Old 08-26-11, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts
Re: The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
And unless she wins POV this weekend Rachel is toast. Wow, Dani-Jeff-Rachel potentially out of the BB house in one week... production must be desperate because they're about to see their show's last guaranteed ratings-getter literally walk out the door.

Repeating the mantra from last season: can we move the live feed cameras over to the Jury House? Whatever Jeff or Brendon talk about while cleaning dishes (or Dani murmurs to herself as she tries to avoid them) has to be more interesting than the HOH Porsche-Kalia-Shelly convos we're about to endure for a week. Oh well, more time for me to play with my new HP Touchpad that I got for $99 (my first tablet).
I agree that "Production" must be blowing a gasket. We're now stuck with a group that's almost as dull as last year's "Brigade". I doubt I'll bother much with After Dark anymore this season.
Old 08-26-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts

And unless she wins POV this weekend Rachel is toast. Wow, Dani-Jeff-Rachel potentially out of the BB house in one week... production must be desperate because they're about to see their show's last guaranteed ratings-getter literally walk out the door.
Not necessarily. I think it's time for Adam to start playing competitions to win. As a "super fan", he should know this too. He needs to go after this veto, assuming Rachel and Jordan go up. It will give some more options. If he would win this veto then he could secure a final 2 promise from both Rachel and Jordan b/c his winning and using it saves them both and evicts presumably Shelley. He probably can't beat either of them in a final vote, but getting to the end with someone he can beat is more difficult.

Either way, there are too few people left for him to throw HOH next week; he needs to win. I know he's been playing possum to a degree in the competitions. We'll find out how much if he's as big a superfan as he claims.
Old 08-26-11, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,599 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Yeah, I really wonder what Adam's game is. Is he intentionally throwing comps, or does he really suck at everything? He did manage to win a veto when he thought he was in jeopardy, so it might actually be the former.

If he does win this veto, he could save either Rachel or Jordan, and then force Porsche to put up either Kalia or Shelly. Then, with three voting, he would be the deciding vote. He knows he needs to win it, or he will go up as the replacement nominee. (I can't really envision a scenario where Porsche doesn't put up Jordan and Rachel.)

If it goes down like that... Rachel and Jordan go up. Adam wins the veto. Takes Jordan off. Porsche puts up Shelly (she's too tight with Kalia). Adam votes out Shelly. Even though Rachel is the "stronger" player, he can effectively split the house down the middle, 2-2-1. With Shelly staying, it's 3-1-1. And I don't know whether Adam or Jordan would be the target with Rachel gone.
Old 08-26-11, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a question/observation from kind of a BB outsider. I watched BB back in season 1&2 and never watched it again. For some reason I started watching the current season from the beginning. I had no idea who any of the vets were, so I have no prior biases. From my point of view, Jordan has done pretty much nothing in this game except do what Jeff tells her. I haven't seen a single independent decision from her, and aside from being a bit cutesy and ditzy, she doesn't seem to have much personality either - she's rarely doing anything interesting on the televised show. So why do so many people like her so much, but complain about how boring Kalia/Porche are? I can only guess its because people are fimilliar with her from the prior season she was on. But not knowing what she was like there, she really seems like she has no game at all and basically just does what Jeff says. When you think about it, she's had pretty much no influence or presence in the house, other than an extra Jeff vote.
Old 08-26-11, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is a perfect example why being a floater "works" and can be considered a strategy no matter how unfair it may be.
The aggressive game players take themselves out and the floaters are what is left, and like it or not, could very well win this season.
Now Shelly isnt a floater, she worked the house, but if Porche or Adam make it into the finals, even Kalia, she backpedaled on every decision she made, then you have a strong argument thier game play or lack of it, can work.
Happens every year.
Vets were so stupid to turn on themselves so early. They had the run of that house. Stupid Stupid!~
Old 08-26-11, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 258 Likes on 181 Posts

Is there any video or transcript of the Jeff Shelly fight before they went live?
Old 08-26-11, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jeraden View Post
Just a question/observation from kind of a BB outsider. I watched BB back in season 1&2 and never watched it again. For some reason I started watching the current season from the beginning. I had no idea who any of the vets were, so I have no prior biases. From my point of view, Jordan has done pretty much nothing in this game except do what Jeff tells her. I haven't seen a single independent decision from her, and aside from being a bit cutesy and ditzy, she doesn't seem to have much personality either - she's rarely doing anything interesting on the televised show. So why do so many people like her so much, but complain about how boring Kalia/Porche are? I can only guess its because people are fimilliar with her from the prior season she was on. But not knowing what she was like there, she really seems like she has no game at all and basically just does what Jeff says. When you think about it, she's had pretty much no influence or presence in the house, other than an extra Jeff vote.
You are spot on. Early in the first season they were on, I liked them, but then it just got too tired: stupid being cute has an expiration date. I am quite happy with the turn of things, since I can't stand Rachel, anything that keeps her down is cool with me. Go Porsche. Ha ha.
Old 08-26-11, 02:09 PM

It's why all of Jeff's complaints about people doing nothing the entire game and then waking up at the last minute are so hilarious. His girlfriend is one of the biggest floaters in the game. The hypocrisy makes it impossible to take anything he says seriously.

So glad to see his bullying ass go.
Old 08-26-11, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As Stinger mentioned earlier, is there any link to a video or transcript/recap of the big fight between Jeff and Shelly? And is there a reason it wasn't show on CBS?

Also, a few days back, Dani and Shelly were talking about one of the women and how they think production gave her a pregnancy test because her period was 3 weeks late. Were they talking about Rachel?
Old 08-26-11, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by PacMan2006 View Post
As Stinger mentioned earlier, is there any link to a video or transcript/recap of the big fight between Jeff and Shelly? And is there a reason it wasn't show on CBS?
It happened a little before the start of the live show. The feeds are always off for a while on Thursday as they prepare for the live show so it wasn't on the Internet. There would have been no time to edit it into the 12 minutes they had for background before the Daniele vote off. They might have tried if it wasn't a double elimination night, but they are usually up against it on those nights.

It doesn't figure to make the air on Sunday b/c Jeff isn't in the house anymore. Maybe as background before the Jordan Shelley from last night.
Old 08-26-11, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by PacMan2006 View Post

Also, a few days back, Dani and Shelly were talking about one of the women and how they think production gave her a pregnancy test because her period was 3 weeks late. Were they talking about Rachel?
Rachel told Jordan today she thinks she's pregnant (I still think we're at the "thinks" stage). It was also brought up in a confrontation with Shelly last night.

By the way, when was this confrontation last night between Jordan and Shelly?

Last edited by DWilson; 08-26-11 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-26-11, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Porsche opened Pandora's Box:

Spoiler:
And it sounds like they're playing as duos again. Rachel/Jordan, Kalia/Porsche, and Shelly/Adam.
Old 08-26-11, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
Rachel told Jordan today she thinks she's pregnant (I still think we're at the "thinks" stage). It was also brought up in a confrontation with Shelly last night.

By the way, when was this confrontation last night between Jordan and Shelly?
Damn it, it seems like every big blow-up happens either before or after "After Dark."

By the time AD starts on Showtime, they're either playing pool or teabag poker for three hours.
Old 08-26-11, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Porsche opened Pandora's Box:

Spoiler:
And it sounds like they're playing as duos again. Rachel/Jordan, Kalia/Porsche, and Shelly/Adam.
I just saw that as well. That is just terrible. It's the final 6! I guess they had to do something to help out Jordan and Rachel.
Old 08-26-11, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Couldn't be happier with it. If R & J can pull out a veto win, that would shake things up. Otherwise, it won't even be worth watching anymore. The ratings will tank with all the dull players. And the one despicable one..

Wish a live feed watcher would post a clip of the Jordan/Shelly fight. Would love to see Shelly getting blasted!
Old 08-26-11, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
I just saw that as well. That is just terrible. It's the final 6! I guess they had to do something to help out Jordan and Rachel.
Dino, please help the mental impaired. How does this help Jordan and Rachel? So, they're a team, I friggin' am so removed from this show now I can't see why that matters or how it helps. One of them still gets voted out, the entire house is against them now. It's in the others benefit to either a) keep Rachel and believe they can beat her in the final 2 (maybe, maybe not imo) or b) get Rachel out because they think she can win HOH and POV and turn the tables on them from getting the strongest vets out, allowing them to knock off Jordan whenever they please.

How does this stunt help my girl Jordan? Allison has so messed up my brain with her interference that I can't even see this one.
Old 08-26-11, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How does this stunt help my girl Jordan? Allison has so messed up my brain with her interference that I can't even see this one.
If they are playing as duos again, if Rachel wins Veto, then both her and Jordan would be taken off (hypothetically).
Old 08-26-11, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by leeta View Post
If they are playing as duos again, if Rachel wins Veto, then both her and Jordan would be taken off (hypothetically).
Meh, again, if it was anyone other than Jordan, you'd think 2 people fighting for one veto would make you feel a bit better about the chances, but since it is Jordo, it's ALL on Rachel. I don't think Rachel's mind is on the prize either. The paint drying will continue right after this stunt fails. This was time for Allison to bring out another Coup for Jo.
Old 08-26-11, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it significantly raises their chances of staying in the game. Before this twist (assuming both J&R are nominated), one of them was going home unless Adam won the veto and decided to use it. Now either Rachel or Jordan can win the veto and they're both safe. They would also control the vote and decide who goes home between Adam & Shelly (Shelly of course). The only people this twist helps is Rachel and Jordan.

edit: And now that I think about it, this makes nominations this week pointless. There are only two choices, so the only thing that matters is who wins the veto.

Last edited by dino88; 08-26-11 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-27-11, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Yeah, it significantly raises their chances of staying in the game. Before this twist (assuming both J&R are nominated), one of them was going home unless Adam won the veto and decided to use it. Now either Rachel or Jordan can win the veto and they're both safe. They would also control the vote and decide who goes home between Adam & Shelly (Shelly of course). The only people this twist helps is Rachel and Jordan.

edit: And now that I think about it, this makes nominations this week pointless. There are only two choices, so the only thing that matters is who wins the veto.
I completely get what you're saying and agree that it was done for the benefit of only Jordan and Rachel, but I don't agree it helps significantly, because it's still all on Rachel and I really don't believe she's playing with the fire she had earlier and so, even if she steps it up, again, Jordan isn't even in the equation. The only thing this does, imo, is allow Jordan to be able to attached to Rachel should she somehow win the veto, protecting them both. But I really can't pretend that 2 people now are in serious contention for changing the game, when Jordan simply won't win the POV even if it's Q and A about Jordan's family.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 08-27-11 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-27-11, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Before the twist - 0% chance of both staying
After the twist - 33% chance of both staying

And for fun - 99% chance of Jordan winning the entire game (took off a percent in case the show gets canceled before finale night)

Last edited by dino88; 08-27-11 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-27-11, 12:40 AM

Even by "Big Brother" standards of production interference this re-pairing of the remaining couples is too cute by half. It's as if they knew that the ratings were about to tank (I know today I did about 10% of feed/recap following that I was doing before because I just don't care anymore, and didn't even bother to set my "After Dark" DVR recording tonight) and scrambled to do something (anything) to keep attention on the game. Rachel and Jordan are still screwed unless they win POV (that hasn't changed) except now one of them winning ensures that both of them are staying. Allison G. has basically handed Rachel-Jordan a 'get out of jail' free card, but they now have to fucking step-up and win ONE lousy POV competition. If they can't do that with all the production advantages thrown their way they deserve to be sent packing to Jury.

If I were any of the noob HG's I'd be hopping mad (especially Shelly now teamed with Adam... Porsche chose the couples?!?! LOL) that this clearly-tilted attempt by CBS to keep the 'stars' they have left there is coming at their expense. Also, why would anybody fucking open Pandora's Box when they're on an upswing? This shows how little Porsche cares or knows about the game. If she were a gamer she would have never opened Pandora's Box when they had Rachel and Jordan on their feet. Stupid, stupid move by the rookie HOH.

Shelly fits really well with her new 'NKOTB' alliance talking trash/shit about Rachel/Jordan. These women truly deserve one another.

Last edited by dad1153; 08-27-11 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-27-11, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here are some screenshots of the Jordan/Shelly confrontation...

Old 08-27-11, 01:04 AM

And Adam comes slithering back from wherever he was hiding to act friendly with Rachel and Jordan. Besides being a super-floater Adam is a super-fan, he knows the entire show is setting-up Rachel-Jordan for an exhilariting come-from-behind-against-all-odds CBS edit. Adam is kissing so much butt at the BB House now he better ask the DR for additional Blistex chaps.
Old 08-27-11, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Allison G. has basically handed Rachel-Jordan a 'get out of jail' free card, but they now have to fucking step-up and win ONE lousy POV competition. :
What are the odds that some comp that everyone is timed seperately that only the Producers would know everyones time will be the veto comp.

I am glad they are rigging this for Rachel. Jordan not so much.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.