Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Weeds: Season 7 discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: Weeds -- 7th Season Thread --

Yeah, the ending doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Other than the dead Mexican ex-husband's clan, I don't see anyone with a believable motive to kill Nancy. Hell, maybe it's simple and I'm just missing the obvious - but at this point I really don't care to investigate. Nothing's really changed with this show... it's just bad.

It would be nice if it weren't renewed for another season, otherwise I'd have to watch just to get that closure I've been sticking around for.
Old 09-27-11, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Yeah, the ending doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Other than the dead Mexican ex-husband's clan, I don't see anyone with a believable motive to kill Nancy. Hell, maybe it's simple and I'm just missing the obvious - but at this point I really don't care to investigate. Nothing's really changed with this show... it's just bad.

It would be nice if it weren't renewed for another season, otherwise I'd have to watch just to get that closure I've been sticking around for.
This is my fear as well. I wonder if they purposely wrote this ending to coax another season out of everyone other than Parker?

Wait, who am I kidding? Of course they did.
Old 09-28-11, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw the entire 7th season and was less than impressed. Like many, I was under the impression this was the last season but then they leave us with the "shooting" cliffhanger?
Old 09-28-11, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

The president of Showtime and Kohan both say they want and remain optimistic that there will be an 8th season, however they purposely crafted the final episode of this season to serve as a series finale in case it isn't renewed.
Old 01-15-12, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I might've missed something in the finale. Nancy and her sister and battling it out for custody, and then they're all sitting down for a bbq in the new house, including the boy and the twin girls. Are they all living together now?

This was an interesting season, although it's more of a parody now. It's hard to enjoy a show where all the characters are sociopaths and/or assholes. I do like the deus ex machina situations that rescue Nancy every time she gets in trouble.

And to see Heylia again after all this time, we needed more of her.
As well as more intimate scenes between Nancy and Zoya. Like entire episodes.
Old 01-15-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
The president of Showtime and Kohan both say they want and remain optimistic that there will be an 8th season, however they purposely crafted the final episode of this season to serve as a series finale in case it isn't renewed.
With a massive cliffhanger? Than she's as big of an asshole as most of her characters.
Old 07-01-14, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: Weeds Season 7 premiere -- "Bags" -- 6/27/11

I just started the 7th season, and I have to say the end of the 6th season was pretty good compared to the last few seasons. Now I don't know if I think it was pretty good because the last few season were SO bad, but atleast the show was going somewhere in the 2nd half of Season 6.

I will say that the ending of Season 6 should have been the Series Finale as Nancy essentially goes to jail for her son, as everything comes full circle from Season 1. Her decisions throughout the show have fucked up her family and friends, and a perfect ending is everyone goes off and lives a good life while she rots in jail. It's the ultimate irony.

But it looks like they are going to drag this show for 2 more seasons, so at this point I am going to finish it up and see how the Series Finale ends.