Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Redemption Island -- "Too Close for Comfort" -- 5/11/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will leave Redemption Island tonight?
Matt
10.00%
Andrea
20.00%
Mike
0%
Ralph
70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,217 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-05-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Andrea takes part in her first Redemption Island duel. Back at camp, one castaway plots making a big move that could prove to be costly.

Episode 13 of 14

This Sunday (May 15th) is the 2 Hour Finale and Reunion show.

Guess Auto isn't around today. I guess I will step in.
Old 05-11-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Survivor: Redemption Island -- "Too Close for Comfort" -- 5/11/11

I'm not sure how to vote in the poll, because I'm hoping at least four people are sent to the jury tonight--3 from RI and 1 voted out.
Old 05-11-11, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
I'm not sure how to vote in the poll, because I'm hoping at least four people are sent to the jury tonight--3 from RI and 1 voted out.
Not a huge spoiler, but if you hate even watching previews then don't read.

Spoiler:
The finale says it starts off with 8 people still in the game, so it looks like the final RI contest will be at the beginning of the finale and not tonight.
Old 05-11-11, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Not a huge spoiler, but if you hate even watching previews then don't read.

Spoiler:
The finale says it starts off with 8 people still in the game, so it looks like the final RI contest will be at the beginning of the finale and not tonight.
Spoiler:
That sucks. They needed to end RI weeks ago. It will be a shame if the RI winner gets a free spot in the finals.
Old 05-11-11, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
That sucks. They needed to end RI weeks ago. It will be a shame if the RI winner gets a free spot in the finals.
I see your posts every week, so you should know that I more than agree with you about that.
Old 05-11-11, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

making Andrea sleep on the ground

edit: Go figure, Ralph can't do a puzzle.
Old 05-11-11, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they pretty much have to get rid of multiple people and end RI. Sunday is the season finale.
Old 05-11-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Poor dumb Grant
Old 05-11-11, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the assist Djariya.
Old 05-11-11, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was Rob's first mistake of the entire game and it could end up being fatal.

I guess the immunity idol is still alive. Doesn't Jeff usually say something when it's the last time it's allowed to be used?
Old 05-11-11, 09:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

HUGE mistake!
Old 05-11-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post

So much for those who thought he was playing stupid for strategy. The guy's just a moron.
Old 05-11-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post

Has any other player lasted as long by doing absolutely nothing? I can't remember him doing anything of note the entire game.
Old 05-11-11, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 151 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by DarthVong View Post
Has any other player lasted as long by doing absolutely nothing? I can't remember him doing anything of note the entire game.
He found a hidden idol before Russell but ended up wasting it. Also helped throw the challenge that doomed his tribe.
Old 05-11-11, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

If Rob loses this game to a Redemption Island contestant who didn't have play the game then the show has hit rock bottom.
Old 05-11-11, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was Rob's first mistake of the entire game and it could end up being fatal.

I guess the immunity idol is still alive. Doesn't Jeff usually say something when it's the last time it's allowed to be used?
Everything is a guess right now, because anything can happen. But Rob had to have made that decision after spending A LOT of time being convinced that Natalie wouldn't flip on him ever. I'm not sure, at 19, that she'd have the guts to do it--even for Ashley.

But, he has an out. There's no way, once they become a group of 5 again, when the RI winner returns, that IF Natalie and the rest of the group somehow decide Rob must go that they'd wait for the final 4 to do it. Why give Rob one final chance to win his way right into the final?

So, if there's going to be a Natalie betrayal, it should happen at 5. Rob uses his immunity idol and Natalie's exposed, he's safe, and like in almost any other scenario, he probably has to win the final 4 immunity anyway.

I just would hate to have it come down to the jury voting out of spite again. Matt seemed completely oblivious to Andrea explaining to him that she didn't want him out, but he kept going from one side to the other and HE played himself out of the game. Matt's not a happy guy right now. And Ralph is still pissed that the Ometepes didn't roll out the red carpet for the Zaps, when I'm sure it was pretty equal in what I saw in both tribes not wanting to make friends. Only when the Zaps were in trouble did they want to suddenly become "friends."

Glad to see Ralph go after he was suck a dick to Andrea.

I really like everyone left except Phillip, so I wasn't happy about seeing any of them go home, but Ashley was the one I wanted to go and, finally, we saw something go not according to script and she won. Grant seemed like a great guy. Maybe he can get back in the game, but I can't understand what Rob meant by his "calculations" of why to keep Grant. It sure seemed like it's been his plan for a long time to take Natalie and Phillip if he gets the chance, so why would it matter to him when to cut Grant's throat? Seems dangerous to leave him in when he could potentially win any immunity challenge or several in a row.
Old 05-11-11, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 891 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
If Rob loses this game to a Redemption Island contestant who didn't have play the game then the show has hit rock bottom.
Matt could make a strong case if he makes it off of Redemption Island because he had to beat everyone else one-on-one to make it back into the game twice.
Old 05-11-11, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Matt could make a strong case if he makes it off of Redemption Island because he had to beat everyone else one-on-one to make it back into the game twice.
No, he didn't. For many weeks now he's stayed in the game just by not being last. Mike would have taken him out weeks ago.

I completely agree that no one from RI should win.

Aside from less food and less companionship, Matt never had to play the real Survivor game. It's not his fault. It's the idiots who came up with the idea, although it wouldn't have been so bad (I think) to do it one time up until the merge.

Doing it again was a terrible idea imo.
Old 05-11-11, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 151 Posts

And once again, a lame-ass RI challenge.
Old 05-11-11, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
If they were in a duel to see who got to stay and who was on the jury, and Matt was winning all of those then I would agree. However, like Dolphinboy said he doesn't have to finish first, and he hasn't multiple times. Instead, he's gotten a chance to bond with every Zapatera member "outside of the game."

They aren't playing the game. There is no strategy. They're just bonding in their hatred of those "dicks" left in the game. Granted that is what the jury does, but the jury doesn't then get to pick the winner from their own.

I mentioned earlier this year that I'm not a huge Rob fan, but he has played a masterful game. To lose to Mike or to Matt just seems wrong; neither one had to play Survivor with the other members of the jury. I would be ok with Grant or Andrea winning b/c they would at least have to argue their case a little more.
Old 05-11-11, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
Some might argue that Rob being a 4th time contestant playing against 1st timers let alone against a handpicked cast of morons is rock bottom irregardless of how the rest of the season plays out.
Old 05-11-11, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Does it really make a difference who comes back from RI? Would the remaining 4 actually ally with any of them? Either the returning RI person is gone, or if they win II then Ashley is done. The only question to me is if Philip and Natalie would betray Rob at the 5 (exposing themselves as he uses the HII) or at the 4. I doubt it, so barring a RI returnee/Ashley immunity run, I think we are looking at Rob-Philip-Natalie F3.
Old 05-11-11, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 151 Likes on 112 Posts

Usually going into the finale, I have a strong favorite whom I want to see win and maybe one other person I wouldn't mind seeing win. This season, I don't really care who wins. None of them have really done anything that exciting or spectacular. I guess I'd have to go with Rob for getting everyone on his tribe to trust him and not vote him out. Then at least he wouldn't have to spend another 10 years trying to win the game. I guess seeing Phill win would be pretty amazing too, but I have no strong feelings about anyone else left.
Old 05-11-11, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post

I just would hate to have it come down to the jury voting out of spite again. .
If there was ever 1 Survivor jury who had every reason to be bitter and spiteful it is this one. If you start hoarding food from people and make them sleep on the ground you deserve whatever they throw at you from the jury.
Old 05-11-11, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000 View Post
Some might argue that Rob being a 4th time contestant playing against 1st timers let alone against a handpicked cast of morons is rock bottom irregardless of how the rest of the season plays out.
If by some you mean you and if by might you mean in each week's thread, I would agree.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.