TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

RW/RR Challenge -- "Cutthroat" --Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-10, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: RW/RR Challenge -- "Cutthroat" --Season Thread

Originally Posted by mh4268
Man watching the reunion, Laurel is such a bitch.
She really came off terribly on this thing. I loved that Johnny Bananas was the one to say "You've only been on Fresh Meat II, WTF do you know bout being a real part of this."

And I don't blame Big Easy one bit for not accepting any kind of apology from her while on air. I seriously doubt anything could have been genuine from her, just doing it for air time.

Though the way everyone else seemed to be backing her up surprised me, I they probably thought she was always being genuine.

But you know its bad when the host starts yelling at her to apologize as well as the audience.
Old 12-16-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Most everyone on these shows are idiots and are hate-able, which is why I love to watch them. Like Paula. I can't stand her, but she's a complete train wreck, so she's fun to watch (btw, she had to be either high or loaded on the reunion show). And I used to like Tyler, but now he thinks he's the shit and is turning into a d-bag, but again, thats why these shows are great.

But Laurel has taken it to a whole other level. She's just downright unwatchable. I literally have to cringe and look away whenever she talks. Its one thing to be a cocky person, like Bananas, but its a whole other thing to be just plain mean to people. I'm hoping MTV notices this difference and doesn't invite her back.

Bananas was right, how does she have the right to question Abe. And if Abe was faking all that, just give him a golden globe right now, because that's the best acting i've ever witnessed. How could she be stupid enough to even give that a second thought?

Lastly, I'm still madly in love with Jen. Oh, and Cara Marie looked fantastic.
Old 12-16-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i still miss Veronica... she's so hot...

i saw what Laurel said to Big Easy... not sure why she flipped him off(frankly i dont because i havent watched this show in a long time) but she shouldnt talk about getting ass... she would be the last one i would accept herpes from on that show...
Old 12-16-10, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
As mentioned before, if you want to avoid such things, give every winner of the gulag (or whatever they call it next season) a guaranteed pot.
They've done this for the previous challenges. The winner of the elimination battle got the money from the person who lost. People volunteered to go in so they could earn more money.
Old 12-16-10, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 429 Likes on 310 Posts

Laurel still acted like the shit, but she was the one crying during the final challenge.
Old 12-16-10, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Laurel still acted like the shit, but she was the one crying during the final challenge.
Yeah, i'm surprised no one brought that up.
Old 12-16-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kenny was on Fresh Meat 2, Johnny was on Cuttthroat, so I guess the next one Evan will be on the show or all three will be back.
Old 12-16-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

Crying...sure...but give her credit. There isn't a single girl in any past MTV challenge who could have done what she did carrying that stupid stretcher.

The Red team alternated carrying Tori between 3 strong guys. The Blue team dragged theirs. Laurel was doing solo lifting in the front with Abram on the stretcher. Then Abram quit and then Sarah quit. She and Luke had to carry that on their own in that heat. Luke isn't the biggest guy either, and I was impressed with his determination as well. I'd say Laurel did alright for herself in that challenge. She certainly wasn't anywhere near the reason they lost. That falls on Abram.

I may not like her, but I think Laurel does have a reason to think she's the shit.

Kenny was on Fresh Meat 2, Johnny was on Cuttthroat, so I guess the next one Evan will be on the show or all three will be back.
My guess is all four (Derrick), but I wouldn't expect it soon. TJ didn't look anywhere near ready.
Old 12-17-10, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis

I may not like her, but I think Laurel does have a reason to think she's the shit.
Oh I won't deny her athletic ability and say "she's the shit" either.

But she inflated her ego immensely based off of being on one previous challenge and therefore she's getting deflated as many times as possible.

And because of all the grief she gave Cara Maria, what happened to her in the final challenge was justifiable karma and that is something she can't see.
Old 12-17-10, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Oh I won't deny her athletic ability and say "she's the shit" either.

But she inflated her ego immensely based off of being on one previous challenge and therefore she's getting deflated as many times as possible.

And because of all the grief she gave Cara Maria, what happened to her in the final challenge was justifiable karma and that is something she can't see.
I think the karma was more for Sarah and Abram who were all (along with Laurel) questioning their teammates. I'm not defending what Laurel says or how she acts except to say she's young and hopefully she'll learn from this, but Laurel pulled more than her weight in the final challenge, and it was her buddy and the "toughest guy out there" who let her and the team down. She may have cried and been on the brink, but she didn't quit, and she powered through. Like her or not, but that shows some strength of character (for Luke as well).

That having been said, with the guy advantage it would have been tough beating Red even if Abram had been in peak form.
Old 12-17-10, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

It's funny that Laurel kept talking about how she wants to choose who she brings to the end and she would have left Cara Maria and Luke out... The only two that made it to the end. And fuck Sarah too, she didn't make it to the end and no one called her out on it at all.

Call me a freak but Cara Maria looked smoking hot on that reunion show.

Laurel is going to get fucked the next time she does a challenge. After this I can't imagine anyone wanting to play with her.

Good for Brad, people may disagree but, he played the best game of anyone. He came in and grabbed Dunbar right away and managed to not touch a single gulag and ended up winning.
Old 12-17-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Laurel is going to get fucked the next time she does a challenge. After this I can't imagine anyone wanting to play with her.

Good for Brad, people may disagree but, he played the best game of anyone. He came in and grabbed Dunbar right away and managed to not touch a single gulag and ended up winning.
Based on her body language at the reunion, I don't think she's doing the next challenge. Still, even is she did I don't think she'd have trouble finding an alliance. If Kenny is there she's golden. Like Johnny said at the reunion, they just want the strongest players on their side at the end, and she would be loyal to Kenny.

Besides, even if she was mud they still would have to take her out. How many of those girls do you see volunteering to go one-on-one versus her? She's an athletic 6'3" colossus.

Brad is a meathead. That was really Tori's game. I've liked Brad for years, but I didn't care for him hiding behind his wife's skirt and big mouth. It got him the win so really what do I know. Kudos to him.
Old 12-17-10, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've always thought Cara Maria looked hot. Watching her on the last reunion show helped too

Been a Brad fan for a while here too, since Real World San Diego. Honestly, I think it was easily more Brad then Tori. Red didn't have a strong leader and Brad kind of defaulted to it since he's been on so many shows, and Dunbar or Tyler just weren't particularly vocal about it until Tyler at the end.
Old 12-17-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Based on her body language at the reunion, I don't think she's doing the next challenge. Still, even is she did I don't think she'd have trouble finding an alliance. If Kenny is there she's golden. Like Johnny said at the reunion, they just want the strongest players on their side at the end, and she would be loyal to Kenny.

Besides, even if she was mud they still would have to take her out. How many of those girls do you see volunteering to go one-on-one versus her? She's an athletic 6'3" colossus.
Yeah I guess you're right. I forgot that there were so many douches on this show that Laurel can just blend in with guys like Kenny.

But if they did this season again with everyone on the grey team knowing her from a previous challenge I think she would have been "Brandoned" and dumped into the gulag time and again so she knock off the other team or get kicked out herself.

I guess it's a double edged sword. On one hand she's the best female player we've seen in years and on the other hand you're going to have to deal with her endless shit.
Old 12-17-10, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone know when the next season starts? I'm a complete sucker for these shows.
Old 12-17-10, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Probably not for a while. Jersey Shore is starting in Jan, so after that is over I bet they do another Real World and then when that finishes then we would have another Challenge.
Old 12-17-10, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But if they did this season again with everyone on the grey team knowing her from a previous challenge I think she would have been "Brandoned" and dumped into the gulag time and again so she knock off the other team or get kicked out herself.

I guess it's a double edged sword. On one hand she's the best female player we've seen in years and on the other hand you're going to have to deal with her endless shit.
I read Abram's body language at the reunion as him being fairly protective of her especially at the end when he felt like she was being slightly persecuted. We only see a fraction the time on the show so we really don't have a clear idea how Laurel in the down time with the cameras off.

My guess is that the next challenge will probably be more like the ones where you pick your opponent in deliberation. What girl would want Laurel? Sure, you "could" beat her, but you would need the right challenge and some luck.

I guessing it will be a while before the next challenge b/c of TJ's injury.
Old 12-17-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm sure TJ wouldn't hold back a new competition. They could easily find another host. TJ's gotten better the last couple years (and the clips they show of him that didn't make it officially seem far better) but he's still not as good as Johnny Mosely

I've read some speculation and rumors on what would be next on the forum here - http://vevmo.com/f187/

I would love to see some sort of All-Star event with all the past winners. That would be awesome, although I'm sure they couldn't get the Miz back . Or even specifically break up the known partnerships and cliqs to see what happens with them on different teams.
Old 12-17-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Really enjoyed this season and especially the final challenge. Loved seeing people puke their guts out and quit due to exhaustion. That's what it should be all about. The past couple finales were frankly weak.

Laurel is up there with Evelyn as strongest female but she's way too nasty and arrogant for someone with no track record. Kenny was a bad influence.
Old 12-17-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Jersey Shore is on Thursday night, next week is the shit they should have shown show, the next season of the Real World will probably start in January. I hope they get Knight, Jemmy, and Ryan from RW: NO for the next challenge show.
Old 12-17-10, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm sure TJ wouldn't hold back a new competition. They could easily find another host. TJ's gotten better the last couple years (and the clips they show of him that didn't make it officially seem far better) but he's still not as good as Johnny Mosely

I've read some speculation and rumors on what would be next on the forum here - http://vevmo.com/f187/

I would love to see some sort of All-Star event with all the past winners. That would be awesome, although I'm sure they couldn't get the Miz back . Or even specifically break up the known partnerships and cliqs to see what happens with them on different teams.
My dream All-Star Challenge is would be called "The Well-Off's vs the Whiners" or something of that nature.

Basically the "Well-Off's" is every alumnai who've made something of their lives after the show and done very well for themselves who you never see come back to do these things because they actually have a career (Judd, Pam, Miz, anyone successful who's a non celeb ) vs the normal bunch of regulars who do nothing but give the impression that they come do this show solely for the money because they can't do anything else and are frustrated they haven't gotten any actual careers from the show and can't understand why!
Old 12-18-10, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I found Derrick and Kenny's challenge podcast on that vevmo link that fumanstan posted.

Laurel is never going to have any problems finding an alliance. Kenny still loves her. I listened to a couple of them (the Johnny one & the Laurel one). Talking about the behind the scenes of the show, it made me respect the way that the "Evan Alliance" guys play the game versus they way guys like Brad play.

As for Laurel, they do talk about the Eric thing. As you might expect there was something that happened between Laurel and Eric before the hot tub incident that pissed Laurel off (...she was looking for someplace to eat dinner, sat down next to Eric and Johnny, and Eric told her to go away before Johnny said she could stay...). She got drunk later and gave Eric a piece of her mind. She does still admit that the offensives were in no way equal, but there was something that sort of initiated the confrontation. Kenny also chastises her a little for getting drunk and doing something stupid (he doesn't drink or do drugs).
Old 12-18-10, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was a weak final challenge. Didn't every checkpoint favor a team with more players (except the stupid "tar and feathers")? I understand they should have a bit of an advantage with more but there was literally no way for Blue to win. I kept waiting for something that would hurt the Red team for having all those players. Or at the very least, make the checkpoints something that each player on the team must do. Like each player had to push a tire down the road.

I agree with Laurel being unwatchable. I can't wait for her scene to be over whenever she is on camera. She's a wannabe badass. She has the athletic skills to be one but not the personality. If they do bring her back, I hope its another fresh meat and they find someone her size. Also, I'm pretty sure Laurel and Paula were drunk on that reunion show.

They also need to change the gulags. It shouldn't be an advantage to be just bigger (i.e. Derrick vs Tyler).
Old 12-19-10, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Paula wasn't drunk. She's bi-polar and has always had some sort of ongoing emotional drama because of it. And everyone knows it, which is why they always make sure at some point to screw her over cause they know its good television. It's her own fault for not seeing it herself.

It just hasn't stopped since Key West.
Old 12-19-10, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am the lone p@ssy in this thread who thought maybe the challenges have become too much sometimes. I want them to work for it, but when 2 really fit people end up in the hospital, not even the first time this season, maybe they could dial it down a notch.

I'm guessing the final challenge must have been set up in advance, because, as mentioned already, there wasn't anything in place to give the 2 girls even an outside shot. Not that I think it would have mattered other than a little more excitement with all 3 teams.

The reunion show turned my stomach. It reminds me so much of what MTV has become. Almost everyone there is certifiable in some way. I was a pretty wild guy in my 20's, but I knew when to be respectful.

These people were cursing like crazy and acting like idiots. I know Derrick is almost always more calm now, to his credit, but I still see that old rage wanting to seep out. I think that's why he just doesn't say much. I want to hate Laurel and I certainly don't buy age as a major factor in explaining or excusing her behavior, that said I just can't stand mad at that sexy giant of a woman. I don't get the love for Cara Maria. She took way too much abuse from Laurel and others and she seems nice, but I don't find her, at least with her Jack Sparrow look, very attractive.

I agree that the gulags or whatever should be changed, but I don't want that change in the producer's hands. They should go back to spinning a wheel that mixes up events that are more physical with some that give a weaker opponent a decent chance. I mean Derrick had no chance there.

But bring on the next one, hopefully without Kenny again, but I expect he'll be back. I hate a lot of what this show stands for, I usually don't like the majority of the people, many of the nicer ones leave early, the reunion show exposes them all as brain dead and conceited, but I may still be watching Paula try to win when I'm a grandpa. It's just totally addictive. I would watch another one if it started today.