DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   RW/RR Challenge -- "Cutthroat" --Season Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/580289-rw-rr-challenge-cutthroat-season-thread.html)

mwbmis 10-06-10 12:48 AM

RW/RR Challenge -- "Cutthroat" --Season Thread

This starts on 10/06/10.

The rules this time:

This season of The Challenge will feature a brand new format, consisting of three teams of ten players – five men and five women on each team. The three teams will participate in numerous challenges (sometimes called "missions"), which are followed by an elimination challenge, known as the "Gulag." The team who wins a challenge will receive a cash prize of $20,000 to be split evenly among the team members and placed in their individual bank accounts, as well as winning immunity from the Gulag.

The two losing teams will then be forced to choose one player of each gender from each losing team for possible elimination. Each player will cast secret votes to decide which two men and two women will battle in same-gender Gulags. The winning players will rejoin their respective teams and stay in the game, while the losing players will be eliminated from the game and lose all of their prize money in their individual bank accounts.

Red Team
Brad Fiorenza RW: San Diego
Brandon Drake Nelson Fresh Meat II
Camila Nakagawa Spring Break Challenge
Chet Cannon RW: Brooklyn
Dunbar Flinn RW: Sydney
Mandi Moyer Fresh Meat II
Melinda Stolp RW: Austin
Paula Meronek RW: Key West
Tori Fiorenza RR: Viewers' Revenge
Tyler Duckworth RW: Key West

Blue Team
Derek Chavez RW: Cancun
Derrick Kosinski RR: X-Treme
Emilee Fitzpatrick RW: Cancun
Emily Schromm RW: Washington D.C.
Eric Banks Fresh Meat
Jenn Grijalva RW: Denver
Johnny Devenanzio RW: Key West
Katie Doyle RR: The Quest
Theresa Gonzalez Fresh Meat II
Ty Ruff RW: Washington D.C.

Gray Team
Abram Boise RR: South Pacific
Ayiiia Elizarraras RW: Cancun
Cara Maria Sorbello Fresh Meat II
Dan Walsh RR: Viewers' Revenge
J.D. Ordoņez RW: Brooklyn
Laurel Stucky Fresh Meat II
Luke Wolfe Fresh Meat II
Sarah Rice RW: Brooklyn
Shauvon Torres RW: Sydney
Vinny Foti Fresh Meat II

No Susie! However, this season supposedly sees the return of Chris Tamburello.

boogieman03 10-06-10 12:54 AM

Re: RW/RR Challenge -- "Cutthroat" --Season Thread

Hells yes! Can't wait for this one!

Joeboo835 10-06-10 07:44 AM

i'm a complete sucker for these shows. love them. Can't wait.

JCWBobC 10-06-10 09:40 AM

http://www.mtv.com/shows/rwrr_challe...t/series.jhtml

Bluelitespecial 10-06-10 05:19 PM

Do any of these people actually have careers and lives that don't revolve around these shows? But I'll still be watching. Kind of off topic, will MTV do any kind of update on Ryan from Real World Brooklyn? They did a special on him, and his return to duty in Iraq about a year ago. Just kind of curious about it.

rocketsauce 10-06-10 05:39 PM

Ahh (one of) my guilty pleasure is back!

mwbmis 10-06-10 05:41 PM

Some do; some don't. This cast is a lot of the newer faces with a smattering of the familiar. A lot of the newer people are still in the Pub crawl/appearance fee faze of their "career". If you could earn a lot of money in that short of time, I think a lot of people would do it.

Kenny isn't in this cast. According to TJ Lavin, who was on the BS report last week, Kenny is employed as a dock worker when he's not doing these.

fumanstan 10-06-10 05:59 PM

Awesome, had no idea this was starting tonight.

dolphinboy 10-06-10 07:31 PM

Damn, I hate the I can't recall faces to go with names, because a lot of those names seem like people I don't remember. Is that tall pretty girl who was paired with Kenny on the last one participating? I thought they were grooming her to be a star of these shows. Looks like Susie might never be back and I'm not happy about Paula being on. I've heard that she'd actually a bigger jerk in her real life than Kenny.

This is perfect timing after such a terrible Big Brother season. Just wish a few more familiar faces were involved. I like new faces, but a couple more of the bigger names still would have been nice.

These shows are the only thing MTV gets right. So much fun to watch.

mwbmis 10-06-10 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy (Post 10415574)
Damn, I hate the I can't recall faces to go with names, because a lot of those names seem like people I don't remember. Is that tall pretty girl who was paired with Kenny on the last one participating? I thought they were grooming her to be a star of these shows. Looks like Susie might never be back and I'm not happy about Paula being on. I've heard that she'd actually a bigger jerk in her real life than Kenny.

Laurel Stucky Fresh Meat II is on the Gray Team.

I did a search on Susie(!) today, and she's at least still tangentially involved with the casts. She was in Brad and Tori's wedding (along with Evan and Wes).

NiCK Crush 10-06-10 07:52 PM

Does MTV re-air episodes online?

Bill Needle 10-07-10 12:34 AM

So, Melinda is back on the market (divorcing Danny). If those two can't make it, what chance do the rest of us have?

Seems like a good balance of regulars and nut jobs which should make for an entertaining season.

fumanstan 10-07-10 01:33 AM

I like the way the teams are split, it looks like it is potentially pretty even. I'm cheering for Red, since I like Brad, and I guess Blue already stands out as a team with a lot of jerks.

boogieman03 10-07-10 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 10416023)
So, Melinda is back on the market (divorcing Danny). If those two can't make it, what chance do the rest of us have?

Seems like a good balance of regulars and nut jobs which should make for an entertaining season.

As soon as she said they were divorcing, I paused it and laughed.

Evan Meadow 10-07-10 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by boogieman03 (Post 10416079)
As soon as she said they were divorcing, I paused it and laughed.

I laughed myself when I heard that one. And they each took Wes and Johanna in the custody agreement.

Joeboo835 10-07-10 06:27 AM

Glad to see Evan and Kenny not on this. I actually really like both of them, but they were getting annoying. Plus I want to see Johnny Bananas flail in the water on his own.

Wish they would have left out Paula. I can't stand that woman.

Everyone else is good.

raven56706 10-07-10 07:51 AM

Melinda is single.... bwahahaahahahahahaha... Danny is a tool...

But what i want to know is how CT gets back on the show?

Bill Needle 10-07-10 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by raven56706 (Post 10416253)

Yeah, hard to believe she didn't stick with Jake LaMotta Jr.

rocketsauce 10-07-10 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 10416410)
Yeah, hard to believe she didn't stick with Jake LaMotta Jr.

rotfl

rocketsauce 10-07-10 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Joeboo835 (Post 10416180)
Glad to see Evan and Kenny not on this.

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

I on the other hand can't stand either of them and am really glad they are gone.

Patman 10-07-10 01:54 PM

Without photos to go with the names of the contestants, I have barely any idea who these people are anymore.

Giantrobo 10-07-10 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 10415606)
Does MTV re-air episodes online?

Yes. That's how I catch most of my MTV shows. They do a weird thing where they pull eps for a few days but them re-post them, but other than that it's decent.

Giantrobo 10-07-10 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706 (Post 10416253)

I told you guys that either he would kill her in a jealous roid filled rage, or that she would realize he's beneath her. :lol:

boogieman03 10-07-10 04:51 PM

When the hell was the "springbreak challenge"? I didn't recognize the girl that went up against Cancun Emilee. I think the name was Camilla?

mh4268 10-07-10 05:08 PM

I love the fact that I put one of these challenges on my dvr years ago and once every few months a new season starts popping up i my recordings with me having no clue a new season was starting.