Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Treme (HBO) -- from the creator of The Wire, David Simon -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-13, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Treme (HBO) -- The Final Season Thread

The finale definitely felt like they had a full season storyline that got condensed into half a season. I was really surprised they didn't spend more time on the Big Chief and his passing.

Also kind of depressing to see Annie continuing to butt heads with the producer guy.
Old 12-30-13, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
The finale definitely felt like they had a full season storyline that got condensed into half a season.
I'm not sure about that. The storylines seemed pretty bare. It was also threatening to be repetitive... again. The Chief getting ready for the ceremony and and dealing with cancer again. Janette struggling with her own restaurant again. Annie butting heads with her producer again. Antoine either continuing to teach or playing gigs. Toni working on yet another case of NOPD abuse. Terry trying to take down the department. Davis still trying to find a place in everything. Nelson trying to make some money in NO. Etc, etc.

They've been rehashing the same stuff for a few seasons, it would've just been more of the same - including extended shots of musicians playing.

I was really surprised they didn't spend more time on the Big Chief and his passing.
Yea, I figured he'd die off-screen - but I expected to see his funeral at least. All we really got was a shot of his picture behind LaDonna's bar. I also expected some mention/nod to Creighton.

Also kind of depressing to see Annie continuing to butt heads with the producer guy.
Yes, but I like that they did that. It shows you can't win them all and to succeed you're going to have to make some compromises - that money will always have some factor in culture.
Old 12-31-13, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We did see Big Chief's memorial/wake at the very beginning of the episode.
Old 12-31-13, 11:21 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

"You burning the meat?" Loved Batiste's reaction

Overall, I really liked these final episodes. A satisfactory (if abbreviated) closure.
Old 12-31-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
We did see Big Chief's memorial/wake at the very beginning of the episode.
It didn't really feel like it though. Sure they were outside his house, but it looked no different than any other time these guys get together. Didn't feel like the funerals we've seen in the past on this show.
Old 07-22-14, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Re: Treme -- Season 3 -- Sundays on HBO

Going through this season now. Loving the show, but I think it's funny how despite not having a lot of money, Janette and Delmond take infinite flights between New York and New Orleans, often times booking next-day tickets.
Old 07-23-14, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Going through this season now, but before I go any further, a thought I've had throughout the series:

Holy SHIT, Annie CANNOT SING. It's kind of ridiculous the upward trend she's been on with such a bad voice.