Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MTV - Fresh Meat 2 starting April 7

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: MTV - Fresh Meat 2 starting April 7

It feels strange actually rooting for Kenny, but Wes is such a giant douche I almost feel obligated.

Laurel has a pretty face, but I'm not sure I could deal with the whole 6'3" thing. That's almost as tall as me.

Either way...she's got nothing on Susie.
Old 04-15-10, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I loved the after show after the first episode where Kenny said Laurel was like Colossus from the X-Men
Old 04-15-10, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis

.she's got nothing on Susie.
No, she doesn't. But I do (every night).
Old 04-16-10, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

It feels strange actually rooting for Kenny, but Wes is such a giant douche I almost feel obligated.
No doubt Wes bugs the crap out of me, but Kenny and his minions are giant douches on these challenges and I give Wes props for being the only one to actually call them out on their sense of entitlement and stand up to them, such as it is.

Either way...she's got nothing on Susie.
True dat.
Old 04-16-10, 08:18 AM

I honestly can not see why everyone continuously hates on Wes. Besides the fact that he is mildly insane, he has many good qualities. First off he is a great competitor, probably the best to ever play besides possibly Evan and Alton. Secondly he is extremely intelligent as far as the politics of the game go, which everyone knows is the most important aspect of the challenge. Finally he is the only person to ever acquire a large enough sack of testicles to stand up to the supposed "big dogs" (i.e. Evan, Kenny, Johnny). I'm not even mentioning the fact that he gets sexy women and is a one man team. I am praying to God he wins Fresh Meat 2.
Old 04-16-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^

Its awesome to see that the first post for someone on DVDTALK is on a TV thread...
Old 04-16-10, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wes was actively THROWING CHALLENGES last year, hard to consider him a tremendous competitor knowing he's that selfish. I hate that guy, give me Kenny, Evan, and the rest of them over Wes every time. They at least look like they're having fun with the whole thing, Wes is so insanely serious and arrogant that it's impossible for me to root for him. EV is also pissing me off pretty bad, I think I'm rooting for Nook's team and Landon's team. I'm still shocked that Landon's partner has been so useful, she seemed terrible in the combine trials.

I'll also throw in that Laurel is crazy hot. Considering that I'm about 6'9'', the height thing doesn't bother me at all. We could have NBA-ready babies, so long as my wife doesn't know . But I miss Suzie, nobody beats Suzie, ever. Also don't understand the Theresa love, she's average looking to me. Hilarious to see her lament the fact that she's the 'hot' girl in the house.
Old 04-16-10, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BravesMG
Wes was actively THROWING CHALLENGES last year, hard to consider him a tremendous competitor knowing he's that selfish. I hate that guy, give me Kenny, Evan, and the rest of them over Wes every time. They at least look like they're having fun with the whole thing, Wes is so insanely serious and arrogant that it's impossible for me to root for him. EV is also pissing me off pretty bad, I think I'm rooting for Nook's team and Landon's team. I'm still shocked that Landon's partner has been so useful, she seemed terrible in the combine trials.

I'll also throw in that Laurel is crazy hot. Considering that I'm about 6'9'', the height thing doesn't bother me at all. We could have NBA-ready babies, so long as my wife doesn't know . But I miss Suzie, nobody beats Suzie, ever. Also don't understand the Theresa love, she's average looking to me. Hilarious to see her lament the fact that she's the 'hot' girl in the house.
Yeah, Landon's partner looked like she was going to be a version of Shauvon or something. It was weird seeing her do awesome in that challenge.
Old 04-16-10, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I didnt watch every show last season but did Wes actually get to throw any challenges? I know he talked about doing it and there was the episode where people climbed a rope or something and he was wanting to twist and jerk to cause people to fall off but the Veterans stopped him by placing him near the bottom so it wouldnt have the effect he wanted.
Old 04-17-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MikeyOhh
I'm not even mentioning the fact that he gets sexy women...
Acutally that's the part about him that bugs the crap out of me. He seems at best to be an alpha ginger, but the hot women just throw themselves at him. WTF? I guess jealousy is a bitch. But I'd also like to see him win.
Old 04-17-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I didnt watch every show last season but did Wes actually get to throw any challenges? I know he talked about doing it and there was the episode where people climbed a rope or something and he was wanting to twist and jerk to cause people to fall off but the Veterans stopped him by placing him near the bottom so it wouldnt have the effect he wanted.
As I recall he tried on one or two (like the one you mentioned), but quit that strategy fairly quickly.
Old 04-17-10, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

But Wes throwing challenges was only part of taking on the Kenny, Evan, Johnny, etc "We run these challenges, so do as we say" sense of entitlement train. After he saw it wasn't going to work he quit it anyway.

Landon is probably my favorite guy who appears on these shows. He seems the most normal (in an MTV challenge sense of the word). He actually has something going on his his "real" life, as in a non-MTV challenge career. As I've heard from people who know of him (he's from not too far from me) he seems pretty sharp, is generally very pleasant to everyone, and is one hell of an athlete. I think he races bicycles now.

And yes, it was hilarious to hear Theresa lament about the burdens of being so pretty. Surprised she didn't throw talented and smart in there too.
Old 04-17-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
But Wes throwing challenges was only part of taking on the Kenny, Evan, Johnny, etc "We run these challenges, so do as we say" sense of entitlement train. After he saw it wasn't going to work he quit it anyway.
But calling him a great competitor means that there is some element of pride or competition. I just keep remembering the challenge last year where everyone was hanging on a rope and Wes was swinging the shit out of it from the bottom trying to knock everyone off.

Kenny, Evan, and Johnny are absolute, 100% assholes and I can't stand them. But it would be nonsensical for them not to play as a team if the producers are going to put them all on the same show knowing how close they are. The fact that these bimbos believe a word any of them says just goes to show that these folks aren't exactly our shining beacon of intelligence (unless you count the glare off STDs ). I think it's great to watch Kenny squirm, but it was also pretty amazing to watch him own that mountain hike with the buckets. I think Laurel might have had a point, if the exile challenges are all going to be some form of a hiking challenge, I don't see a team that can beat Kenny and Laurel if they're on their game.
Old 04-17-10, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just think that this is a really lame cast. As much as I find things to hate about all of them, usually there is a Susie, Evan, Derrick, and several others than you can root for or who can be entertaining without always being a jackass or causing a commotion. Wes, Kenny, Ev, and Paula are really the headliners and I can only tolerate Ev of those 4 at all. The rest of the cast doesn't stick out as much and if Theresa is a star of the future, I'm already nauseated.

I always end up not understanding why I care to watch these shows, but I always do. This one might shape up to be entertaining if you like the drama of these shows no matter who's playing, but I know I still won't quit on the show...it's just going to go down as one of the worst ones imo (although the challenges do seem like some of the toughest). Like everyone else seems to say, that's by MTV standards, though. Which is already very low.
Old 04-19-10, 08:07 AM

I don't think it was right how EV tried to intimidate Sarah and Vinny before the exile. I do agree with her that after performing well on the Ruins, Sarah has crowned herself as one of the top women, which obviously was not evident in the Fresh Meat II challenge.

Wes is undoubtedly the best " player " on this challenge, but Kenny was paired with a better partner in Laurel (who i do not find as attractive as others). I think Landon made the right decision in joining up with Wes and EV.
Old 04-21-10, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Paula leaving is no loss. It's pretty apparent that she's crazy based on both the show and the aftershow.

Strange seeing Kenny as the voice of reason. I guess after the whole Johanna thing on the Island he decided not to hook up on these shows anymore. Supposedly, he's quite the bimbo in real life.
Old 04-22-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't seen all of these seasons, but Wes trying to do that challenge by himself is a highlight of the series for me. He didn't get 6 inches off that deck, I had to pause the DVR I was laughing so hard.

Sucks that Paula's partner couldn't keep up, she was freaking hauling ass. She's insane, but she certainly earned her keep, that dude really sucked.
Old 04-22-10, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It was funny seeing both chicks be better then their male partners in this thing.
Old 04-22-10, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't seen all of these seasons, but Wes trying to do that challenge by himself is a highlight of the series for me. He didn't get 6 inches off that deck, I had to pause the DVR I was laughing so hard.
So was I. That shit was too funny.
Old 04-22-10, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

YES!!!!!

You all have been posting and this just finished for me. It was killing me not coming in here.

The editing was actually quite good. I had no idea who was going to win.

But I really love Ev. She's not unstable like Paula or trashy like Jenn. And she is a winner. How sad is it that the little guy needed her to carry the heavier bag?

I can't say I'm for Wes or for Kenny, because I don't really like either in the game, although Wes seems more likable in these after shows and not as arrogant as Kenny.

I don't get how the whole thing with women/girls who talk all ghetto (is that the right word?) when they get drunk and angry like Jenn did. She looked really good on the after show, but I can't root for a person who acts like that and she was just as trashy on the after show other than the last moment when she finally said something mature and nice.

Props to Paula, though, for doing so well. I thought she'd never be even with Ev, much less have a real shot at beating her if not for her partner. She's clearly unstable and I don't understand how you can keep going on television and not see yourself or have people in your life tell you that you're more valuable than whether you win a challenge on MTV or not.
Old 04-22-10, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Kenny is nothing without Evan and Johnny Bananas
Old 04-22-10, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Kenny is nothing without Evan and Johnny Bananas
I don't like him at all, but that's kind of harsh. He did win an incredibly brutal challenge last week and then won again this week with Laurel.

He's just gotten into a situation where he can't control the game and it really does seem like Wes is the guy who can be "humble" enough to rally the people towards his side and Kenny is such a douche and incapable, it seems, of not acting like he is entitled to win, so he's screwed. I'm surprised he even went back without his buddies.

I've noticed comments about Laurel not being hot, so I tried to pay close attention to her and I have to stand by my comments that she's the hottest girl in the house. She doesn't have that overly SEXY or slutty good looks, but she's really very pretty...very natural beauty. Great face imo.

Anyone else think that the after show thing kind of suggested too much about what is going to happen this season??
Old 04-22-10, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I don't like him at all, but that's kind of harsh. He did win an incredibly brutal challenge last week and then won again this week with Laurel.

He's just gotten into a situation where he can't control the game and it really does seem like Wes is the guy who can be "humble" enough to rally the people towards his side and Kenny is such a douche and incapable, it seems, of not acting like he is entitled to win, so he's screwed. I'm surprised he even went back without his buddies.

I've noticed comments about Laurel not being hot, so I tried to pay close attention to her and I have to stand by my comments that she's the hottest girl in the house. She doesn't have that overly SEXY or slutty good looks, but she's really very pretty...very natural beauty. Great face imo.

Anyone else think that the after show thing kind of suggested too much about what is going to happen this season??
No, he's definitely a good competitor and can physically hang in there. All I'm saying is, he won't win this challenge because he doesnt have Evan and Bananas to back him up. Those 3 are pretty much unstoppable together. But Kenny on his own is in trouble.
Old 04-22-10, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
No, he's definitely a good competitor and can physically hang in there. All I'm saying is, he won't win this challenge because he doesnt have Evan and Bananas to back him up. Those 3 are pretty much unstoppable together. But Kenny on his own is in trouble.
Totally agree. If things had shifted dramatically, I think we would have seen Kenny on the after show thing. MTV doesn't care much about spoilers. I don't watch anything else on that channel and just seeing the commercials for their other shows made me sad, considering I was around 11 when they first came on the air playing videos and they were still playing them when I graduated from college. I probably shouldn't even watch these challenges. I did like the early Real Worlds before they were just looking for orgies and substance abuse. I wonder if Puck would be considered the first reality show villain.
Old 04-22-10, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I guess I'm the lone fan of Kenny's here. The guy makes me laugh and that's really all I want out of these shows. I'm really looking forward to seeing how far he will go without his usual partners since they usually carry things and make the decisions for him. Putting in EV was the smart play on his part.

I don't really see any team that can beat Kenny and Laurel in the exile except maybe EV and the girl she's with.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.